Check your account email address ×

****OFFICIAL***** Ford owners thread

2 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Ill check them out monday...not many 17s left from my searching...im sure as hell not paying 90+ for an 18.

yea not sure if he has any dually's.  he had a dually platinum for under 85 but i think its gone.

1 minute ago, snopro31 said:

yea not sure if he has any dually's.  he had a dually platinum for under 85 but i think its gone.

Like i say...i dont need another dually really...just be nice to have new...but im not gonna get fucked on a trade just to get one.

23 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Like i say...i dont need another dually really...just be nice to have new...but im not gonna get fucked on a trade just to get one.

yea.

lots are going single axle around here now.  dont think the local guy sold 1 dually this year.  hes got a new lariet singles with the diesel on the lot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Winter storm 10/27/17 25 miles north of Two Harbors, MN after I cut all the trees out of the road.

Nice. That old plow as seen some miles.

Yeah it has the plow frame was welded together over 20 years ago.  The pump worked but leaks out of everywhere so I took it off and use a $50 Harbor Freight ATV winch to operate the plow.  It's like 40 lbs lighter on the front with the winch set up.

after seeing my friends L/100km this week on the ecoboost im gonna buy one for my next truck.  29.1L/100 km today for 400km is having me want to buy one. 

thats some shitty as mpg for being touted as the best engine ever made

23 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

after seeing my friends L/100km this week on the ecoboost im gonna buy one for my next truck.  29.1L/100 km today for 400km is having me want to buy one. 

thats some shitty as mpg for being touted as the best engine ever made

What was he towing... must have been substantial. My 2011 3.5L ecoboost since new has an overall average of 15.9L / 100km. Some of that has been stop and go city commuting to and from work, stop and go on the weekend cottage commute, some highway, some pulling trailers. The trailers include the two horse trailer, 9500 lb RV, 5000 lb boat and hybrid sled trailer with the two 4 stroke sleds. The newer ones get much better than my old one apparently.

2 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

3500lb boat. 

i have the same truck minus the engine but 120000km more on the truck.  towing same weight (boat) same location 15.9-16.5.

Then he needs to go back to the dealer and find out what's wrong with it. I get FAR better than that towing my 5000 lb boat. It's simply impossible to be climbing up a steep hill all the time for 400 km

Edited by 02sled

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

What was he towing... must have been substantial. My 2011 3.5L ecoboost since new has an overall average of 15.9L / 100km. Some of that has been stop and go city commuting to and from work, stop and go on the weekend cottage commute, some highway, some pulling trailers. The trailers include the two horse trailer, 9500 lb RV, 5000 lb boat and hybrid sled trailer with the two 4 stroke sleds. The newer ones get much better than my old one apparently.

Gotta love miracle gas mileage...the ecoboost is horrible on fuel towing...mine is a 17.

25 minutes ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Gotta love miracle gas mileage...the ecoboost is horrible on fuel towing...mine is a 17.

Call it what you will but it's real numbers. I have kept a spreadsheet since the day it was new. I had to for claiming business mileage. Total km and total litres since new gives real fuel consumption. At the same time the lead foot who has to race away from the stop light only to have everyone catch up while he's sitting at the next light will also get worse. 

Just now, dz246 said:

Trying to figure out where all these half tons are that get 25 mpg towing 10,000 lbs... :lol:

I'm trying to figure out how all the diesels get better mileage then me while pulling a bigger, heavier trailer faster. 

Not just one or two mpg better either...

Stock 06 Dodge 2500.

4 hours ago, 02sled said:

Call it what you will but it's real numbers. I have kept a spreadsheet since the day it was new. I had to for claiming business mileage. Total km and total litres since new gives real fuel consumption. At the same time the lead foot who has to race away from the stop light only to have everyone catch up while he's sitting at the next light will also get worse. 

Cool story bro...

.its my wifes business truck and 90% of the driving she does with it is towing....it avgs 7 to 9 mpg towing..8 to 11000 lbs..the ecoboost is worse on fuel towing then the 5.0 v8

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

The Cummins 5.9 was exceptional on fuel pre emissions.

The 5.9 never had emissions. The 6.7 does...however the 12 valve 5.9 was better on fuel then 24 valve....if you delete the 6.7...it is close to the same  on fuel as the 24 valve 5.9.