Check your account email address ×

****OFFICIAL***** Ford owners thread

1 hour ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

Its a pig on gas towing....towed my buddies camper with my wifes 17 f150 on Saturday....tows good...lots of power.. but its thirsty as fuck... I will be getting her another deisel when the warranty is up.

They are great motors for grocery getters  but towing anything serious gets costly on gas.  I'll likely never own an Eco boost 

• Platinum Contributing Member

What kind of milage are you guys bitchin' about?

I grew up on trucks that got single digit fuel economy. These days everyone bitches if they don't get 15 mpg.

I have 2 -6.2 F250's and neither one gets better than 12 mpg doing regular work/towing.

Still better money wise than servicing a diesel though.

31 mile average SMH,  i track mine over an oil change and between fuel runs,  14 5.3 silverado crew and I get 18 and change with summer fuel and 16 and change on winter.  i can push 20 on flat highway like you would get on that run but never can get 20+ over a full tank of fuel.   

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

31 mile average SMH,  i track mine over an oil change and between fuel runs,  14 5.3 silverado crew and I get 18 and change with summer fuel and 16 and change on winter.  i can push 20 on flat highway like you would get on that run but never can get 20+ over a full tank of fuel.   

28MI each way to work..:good:

You guys have different fuel for winter and summer??

Edited by Rigid1

53 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What kind of milage are you guys bitchin' about?

I grew up on trucks that got single digit fuel economy. These days everyone bitches if they don't get 15 mpg.

I have 2 -6.2 F250's and neither one gets better than 12 mpg doing regular work/towing.

Still better money wise than servicing a diesel though.

6mpg towing Saturday

15 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Holy fuck how big was trailer?

32ft 8900lb

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

How is that even possible?

Was a bit windy...but had a sidewind most of the drive and some tailwind.

Just now, snopro31 said:

sounds right for an ecoturd

Yes

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Yes fuel mix is different here in the winter more butane in it and it's a big difference in the mileage 

No shit, you're in Canada?  

Just now, Rigid1 said:

No shit, you're in Canada?  

NH but our fuel comes out of Mass. Used to be able to get non ethanol fuel in the northern half of the state that got theirs from Portland Maine but they changed that maybe 9 or 10 years ago now so all Ethanol fuel with different blend of butane summer vs winter. 

6 hours ago, awful knawful said:

They've been out how long? Gotta trade every 2 years?

Sounds like a great engine!

This is the 8th year for the 3.5EB. 2nd, maybe 3rd for the 2.7. 

I've never traded in an ecoboost.  I know several guys with them who have well over 150K on them with no issues.  

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Syracuse to Ithaca the other day:good:

Fuck, it ain't a Ford though 

DSC_1288.JPG

DSC_1289.JPG

:lol:

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

28MI each way to work..:good:

Cruise control at 45 , no hills or traffic signals :lmao::lol:

You guys have different fuel for winter and summer??

Yep. Many places do.  Mileage goes down 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

55 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

i havent heard 1 postive about MPG towing with an ecoboost.

when the eco came out the local dealer/99.9% of dealers were bragging it up.....now they brag up the 5.0 for towing

my 5.0 gets 7.9 yanking a 4 place deck over extra tall int a 6ft guy has 4 in head room . but that is at 80ish.

I just took the 5.0 3.5 hrs each way more or less empty with cover closed  this weekend 16.5 but I was rolling 80/85 most of the time . I have never had a truck that got me better than 19 . I have a heavy foot always have always will .

23 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I've never traded in an ecoboost.  I know several guys with them who have well over 150K on them with no issues.  

You also said the 6.0 powestroke was a good deisel. Wrong again.

• Gold Member

My mall crawler got 7ish pulling my 30U arctic fox travel trailer that weighed about 9500 lbs...  it worked it but off pulling at 75 mph with that trailer.  Would love to have an ecoboost mall crawler that is available with 450 hp and 510 ft/lbs instead even if I had to sacrifice a 1/2 an mpg while towing....  the ecoboost is unmatched in a 1/2 ton category if you want to pull and live in mountainous country.  Just a bad deal that these new ecoboost mall crawlers are such an extraordinary pickup that they demand such a premium that dealers mark them up so much...

57 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

my 5.0 gets 7.9 yanking a 4 place deck over extra tall int a 6ft guy has 4 in head room . but that is at 80ish.

I just took the 5.0 3.5 hrs each way more or less empty with cover closed  this weekend 16.5 but I was rolling 80/85 most of the time . I have never had a truck that got me better than 19 . I have a heavy foot always have always will .

I was getting 7.5-9 mpg my 22ft enclosed with 2 renegades 2 shorties and gear for 4   80-85 most of the trip and some stretches with significant uphill.

Best I've seen in it unload was 16.5 round trip to Cincinnati and back (Kings Island)   

Only reason I've decided to get rid of my truck is the gas mileage.  I usually average 13.2-14   Winter blend fuel it drops down to about 12.  I got what I wanted for it fir trade in, so I'm sending her down the road later this week 

22 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My mall crawler got 7ish pulling my 30U arctic fox travel trailer that weighed about 9500 lbs...  it worked it but off pulling at 75 mph with that trailer.  Would love to have an ecoboost mall crawler that is available with 450 hp and 510 ft/lbs instead even if I had to sacrifice a 1/2 an mpg while towing....  the ecoboost is unmatched in a 1/2 ton category if you want to pull and live in mountainous country.  Just a bad deal that these new ecoboost mall crawlers are such an extraordinary pickup that they demand such a premium that dealers mark them up so much...

Sucks that the small dealers are getting fucked over on them. Mark was supposed to get 3 17s last year, and only ended up getting one.  He's supposed to get 2 '18s and they're both already spoken for.  If he could get 3 of them,  I'd order one in a heartbeat

44 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The 5.0 gets better mileage towing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

NH but our fuel comes out of Mass. Used to be able to get non ethanol fuel in the northern half of the state that got theirs from Portland Maine but they changed that maybe 9 or 10 years ago now so all Ethanol fuel with different blend of butane summer vs winter. 

Oh, I have heard about Mass fuel, garbage. 

6 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

As I said that was going from Syracuse to Ithaca. I live in the suburbs/ country and work in downtown Syracuse,  so it's a good mix, rural/highway/city driving..

I could get bad milage if I wanted, I'm just never in a hurry to get anywhere,  so I just cruise in comfort getting 20+ mpg just about everywhere I go..

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, BEANPOLE DAVE said:

The 5.0 gets better mileage towing.

As a 5.0’s performance is good it is no match for the new ecoboost.  No 1/2 ton can match the ecoboost on performance

Edited by BOHICA

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

As a 5.0’s performance is good it is no match for the new ecoboost.  No 1/2 ton can match the ecoboost on performance

Fuel mileage is more important....wgaf how fast a pick up can go.