Check your account email address ×

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

As I stated in another thread Trumps tweets are usually a tell of whats coming out about him.

Trump is getting very easy to read.....

Breaking from Bloomberg: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-20/mueller-is-said-to-expand-probe-to-trump-business-transactions

The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trump campaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe.

FBI investigators and others are looking at Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a controversial SoHo development with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch in 2008, the person said.

Agents are also interested in dealings with the Bank of Cyprus, where Wilbur Ross served as vice chairman before he became commerce secretary, as well as the efforts of Jared Kushner, the President’s son-in-law and White House aide, to secure financing for some of his family’s real estate properties. The information was provided by someone familiar with the developing inquiry but not authorized to speak publicly.

The roots of Mueller’s follow-the-money investigation lie in a wide-ranging money laundering probe launched by then-Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara last year, according to the person.

FBI agents had already been gathering information about Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, according to two people with knowledge of that probe. Prosecutors hadn’t yet begun presenting evidence to a grand jury. Trump fired Bharara in March.

The Bharara probe was consolidated into Mueller’s inquiry, showing that the special counsel is taking an overarching approach to his mandated investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Altogether, the various financial examinations constitute one thread of Mueller’s inquiry, which encompasses computer hacking and the dissemination of stolen campaign and voter information as well as the actions of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Joshua Stueve, Mueller’s spokesman, declined to comment, as did Abbe Lowell, a lawyer for Kushner and a Manafort spokesman.

Spokesmen for the White House, Trump Organization and Ross didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Trump said don't go there....Mueller just said Fuck you.

Investigation includes

-Wilbur Ross's connection to Bank of Cyprus
-Jared Kushner real estate deals
-Trump SoHo link to Bayrock

and much much more.

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And everyone said Mueller wouldn't allow leaks. :lol:  

Him and his team have been slowly building. Solid grounds for dismissal for some time now.  My guess is, the Dems would welcome it and are behind it.  Seriously.  It's really their only chance.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Mueller is a part of the executive branch.  :pc:

Myers v. United States, 272 U.S. 52 (1926), was a United States Supreme Court decision ruling that the President has the exclusive power to remove executive branch officials, and does not need the approval of the Senate or any other legislative body.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Mueller is a part of the executive branch.  :pc:

Myers v. United States, 272 U.S. 52 (1926), was a United States Supreme Court decision ruling that the President has the exclusive power to remove executive branch officials, and does not need the approval of the Senate or any other legislative body.

Nope

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/06/can-trump-fire-mueller/

12 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

The special counsel statute has never been challenged in court.   The SC would have to change a previous ruling which does not happen very often.    

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/13/can-trump-fire-special-counsel-robert-mueller-239500

It’s possible that Trump could circumvent DOJ entirely and fire Mueller on his own. It’s not clear that Trump has any constitutional duty to adhere by a Justice Department regulation, said Saikrishna Prakash, a professor at University of Virginia Law School and former clerk for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

“I don’t know how a rule of the Department of Justice can limit the president’s constitutional authority,” Prakash said, pointing to the president’s authority to remove officers of the executive branch, which could be interpreted to include a special counsel. “My view is the president can fire the special prosecutor without regard to what the rule says.”

“It’s not an open and shut case,” Prakash added, though he argued that even if Trump has the authority, it’s a different question whether he should exercise it.

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The special counsel statute has never been challenged in court.   The SC would have to change a previous ruling which does not happen very often.    

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/13/can-trump-fire-special-counsel-robert-mueller-239500

It’s possible that Trump could circumvent DOJ entirely and fire Mueller on his own. It’s not clear that Trump has any constitutional duty to adhere by a Justice Department regulation, said Saikrishna Prakash, a professor at University of Virginia Law School and former clerk for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

“I don’t know how a rule of the Department of Justice can limit the president’s constitutional authority,” Prakash said, pointing to the president’s authority to remove officers of the executive branch, which could be interpreted to include a special counsel. “My view is the president can fire the special prosecutor without regard to what the rule says.”

“It’s not an open and shut case,” Prakash added, though he argued that even if Trump has the authority, it’s a different question whether he should exercise it.

So creating a Constitutional crisis is going to help his cause how exactly?

He's fucked.  There's no way out and he knows it.

:bc:

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

So creating a Constitutional crisis is going to help his cause how exactly?

He's fucked.  There's no way out and he knows it.

:bc:

I agree that he should and probably would win the case based off the constitutional authority of the executive branch and the previous SC rulings.   Its another thing to go down that road.   The leaking alone from the investigation is troubling.   I want it to continue if it can be done in a non-political manner however there are a number of things that hint that might not be possible.   Comey and Muellers friendship is troubling.   The hiring of lawyers who donated to the Clinton's is as well.  I'd have much more confidence in Mueller if he'd root out and fire a few of the leakers.   Roles reversed I'd say the dems would be saying the same thing I am.  In fact I'm pretty sure they did back when Starr was SP.

Remember the rules have changed since the SP statute expired in 1999.  

This is it!!!! Trump and his family are going to jail for sure. Lock all of them commie bastards up so we can start talking about Hillary 2020 finally.

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Trump need shut the clown down ASAP, what a joke its turned into :guzzle:

He needs to shut down the guy and his team that are investigating him?

4 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Trump need shut the clown down ASAP, what a joke its turned into :guzzle:

A team of Clinton affiliates going after trump yup no conflict there!

Just now, Skidooski said:

He needs to shut down the guy and his team that are investigating him?

Yup a bunch of Thrillery hatchetmen just a disgusting pile of clown car hackery :guzzle: total witch hunt

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

trump has a lot to hide. 

Hes cooked and he knows it. Watch for crazy tweets tonight. He may even threaten the Pope of something.

Edited by Mainecat

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Hes cooked and he knows it. Watch for crazy tweets tonight. He may even threaten the Pope of something.

You're jealousy of rich people is just weird 

34 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree that he should and probably would win the case based off the constitutional authority of the executive branch and the previous SC rulings.   Its another thing to go down that road.   The leaking alone from the investigation is troubling.   I want it to continue if it can be done in a non-political manner however there are a number of things that hint that might not be possible.   Comey and Muellers friendship is troubling.   The hiring of lawyers who donated to the Clinton's is as well.  I'd have much more confidence in Mueller if he'd root out and fire a few of the leakers.   Roles reversed I'd say the dems would be saying the same thing I am.  In fact I'm pretty sure they did back when Starr was SP.

Remember the rules have changed since the SP statute expired in 1999.  

Comey and Mueller have a professional relationship, that's it.

The people on Mueller's team are highly respected professionals.  They will follow where the facts lead them and either Trump broke the law or he didn't.  It's pretty simple.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

What does that have to do with Trump being a lying anti American fuck head?

Being jealious of successful people is anti American 

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Being jealious of successful people is anti American 

Trump is a 4 time loser. I probably have more cash in my pocket than he has if he liquidated all his assets today

Just now, Mainecat said:

Trump is a 4 time loser. I probably have more cash in my pocket than he has if he liquidated all his assets today

Trump is a billionaire president and you're not k

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Trump is a billionaire president and you're not k

Are you sure he is a billionaire? I would guess he couldnt rub 2 nickles together and is upside down on all his investments.