Check your account email address ×

Kudos to the people around Allegany state park area. Super friendly to bikers.

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

who the fuck would ride a bike on sled trails. quick way to get killed. we have our own fat bike system along with cross country

We don't have that stuff out in the land of rocks and cows.  I've come across everything short of a semi on the trails around here.  Farm equipment, cars/vans/pickups, ATVs, SxS, XC skiers, runners, dog walkers, fat bikes, horse riders, one of those stupid fucking Snow Dog things, SnowBears, etc.

Even on my private playground I still find the occasional XC skier or snow shoe'r.

36 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

who the fuck would ride a bike on sled trails. quick way to get killed. we have our own fat bike system along with cross country

See fat tire bikes on sled trails in Wisconsin every year

1 hour ago, Doug said:

See fat tire bikes on sled trails in Wisconsin every year

We usually don’t here.  They get treated properly when we do….that’s why.

Bikes legally don't have to stop for stop signs in MN.

As for fat bikers, they ask for snowmobiles to come on their trails to pack them for them.  Totally fine with mixed trails and the clubs realize they don't have the right away.  The tre hugging morons that also ride them however suck donkey dick 

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Bikes legally don't have to stop for stop signs in MN.

As for fat bikers, they ask for snowmobiles to come on their trails to pack them for them.  Totally fine with mixed trails and the clubs realize they don't have the right away.  The tre hugging morons that also ride them however suck donkey dick 

This isn’t correct.  All bicyclists in MN can ride on roads but must obey all traffic laws.  Including signs.

They just don’t feel they have to.  I don’t mind them so much as long as they are making an effort to stay clear of traffic.  Riding the white line always gets them a quick honk from me as my mirror flashed by their head within a foot or so.

I help people learn.  It’s what I do.  :lmao:

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This isn’t correct.  All bicyclists in MN can ride on roads but must obey all traffic laws.  Including signs.

They just don’t feel they have to.  I don’t mind them so much as long as they are making an effort to stay clear of traffic.  Riding the white line always gets them a quick honk from me as my mirror flashed by their head within a foot or so.

I help people learn.  It’s what I do.  :lmao:

Not true at all.  As of last year they are allowed to run stop signs.

Here is the excerpt since Google > you.

Sec. 7. 

Minnesota Statutes 2022, section 169.222, is amended by adding a subdivision to
read:

Subd. 4a. 

Stopping requirements. 

(a) For purposes of this subdivision, "in the vicinity"
means located in an intersection or approaching an intersection in a manner that constitutes
a hazard of collision during the time that a bicycle operator would occupy the intersection.

(b) A bicycle operator who approaches a stop sign must slow to a speed that allows for
stopping before entering the intersection or the nearest crosswalk. Notwithstanding
subdivision 1 and section 169.06, subdivision 4, if there is not a vehicle in the vicinity, the
operator may make a turn or proceed through the intersection without stopping.

(c) A bicycle operator who approaches a traffic-control signal with a steady red indication,
including a circular red signal or red arrow signal, must slow to a speed that allows for
stopping before entering the intersection or the nearest crosswalk. Notwithstanding
subdivision 1 and section 169.06, subdivision 5, if there is not a vehicle in the vicinity, the
operator:

(1) may make a right-hand turn, or a left-hand turn onto a one-way roadway, without
stopping; and

(2) must otherwise perform a complete stop and then may make a turn or proceed through
the intersection before the traffic-control signal indication changes to green.

(d) Nothing in this subdivision alters the right-of-way requirements under section 169.20.
The provisions under this subdivision do not apply when traffic is controlled by a peace
officer or a person authorized to control traffic under section 169.06.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sec. 7. 

read:

Subd. 4a. 

Stopping requirements. 

means located in an intersection or approaching an intersection in a manner that constitutes
a hazard of collision during the time that a bicycle operator would occupy the intersection.

(b) A bicycle operator who approaches a stop sign must slow to a speed that allows for
subdivision 1 and section 169.06, subdivision 4, if there is not a vehicle in the vicinity, the

(c) A bicycle operator who approaches a traffic-control signal with a steady red indication,
including a circular red signal or red arrow signal, must slow to a speed that allows for
subdivision 1 and section 169.06, subdivision 5, if there is not a vehicle in the vicinity, the
operator:

(1) may make a right-hand turn, or a left-hand turn onto a one-way roadway, without
stopping; and

(2) must otherwise perform a complete stop and then may make a turn or proceed through

(d) Nothing in this subdivision alters the right-of-way requirements under section 169.20.
The provisions under this subdivision do not apply when traffic is controlled by a peace

If only they followed the bolded part of the rule, I’m fine with the rest.

I wasn't rationalizing it or agreeing, but can tell you I sure the fuck don't stop.  Don't on a sled either.  That being said I am not dumb enough to not give cars the right away as I don't want to get smoked again.  I've been hit by a car 2x and neither were because of anything I did.  Guy ran a red once and another as he passed me purposefully swerved into me and I was hugging the side of the road big time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I wasn't rationalizing it or agreeing, but can tell you I sure the fuck don't stop.  Don't on a sled either.  That being said I am not dumb enough to not give cars the right away as I don't want to get smoked again.  I've been hit by a car 2x and neither were because of anything I did.  Guy ran a red once and another as he passed me purposefully swerved into me and I was hugging the side of the road big time.

That's why you got hit several times.

Haven't learned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's why you got hit several times.

Haven't learned.

Wasn't several.  And both times the cars had space.  You can't read, but of course we can tell that from all your posts.

32 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sec. 7. 

read:

Subd. 4a. 

Stopping requirements. 

operator:

stopping; and

Ahh...well, that's new.  Another reason to despise them if you ask me.  And they are fine with it...as am I.

To me it’s the same as the people parking in the left lane of freeways running the speed limit or below.  Give me all the excuses you want, my favorite is “it’s not a race!” - well then just move the fuck over and let me go, what is so difficult about that?  

Rolling stop signs, it’s something we all do… just don’t blow them insisting it’s your right. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

To me it’s the same as the people parking in the left lane of freeways running the speed limit or below.  

Those fuckers should be shot.

With bikers it is always a few that fuck it up for the rest.  Same guys that ride off trail right across a marked sign are the idiots who would bike 4 wide down a road with no shoulder.  Fuck them both.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Those fuckers should be shot.

With bikers it is always a few that fuck it up for the rest.  Same guys that ride off trail right across a marked sign are the idiots who would bike 4 wide down a road with no shoulder.  Fuck them both.

While it's very true that a small minority ruin the reps for the majority.  There are several groups where it's hard to identify just who is the minority anymore.  I'd say road bicyclists make this list for sure.  My area is eaten up with pedal folk and the sentiment about them is pretty much the same; despise.  They all roll out to the country on weekends and figure we can all just suck it and deal with their disregard for road rules in a manner that can almost assuredly lead to their maiming and/or death.  It's some kind of mental impairment thing.

Edited by Zambroski

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I have a coworker that bikes to work and blindly runs stuff wide open.  I damn near hit him once turning into the parking lot.  I had ROW since he was turning across traffic.

He came into my office all pissy reading me the riot act.  

I don't care what riot act he is going to read me.  He might win the legal battle, but if he is a bloodied pile of flesh on the underside of some Fedex truck, he certainly lost the war.

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

you just got recognized and was dealt with accordingly

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Years ago I was sitting at a stop light in the semi.  Light turns green, the line starts going and BAM, some road squid plowed full speed boardside into the Grand Marq in front of me.  Like I don't even think the person hit the brakes.  Never heard how either party made out.

The road crowd that gets me on narrower roads are the ones that pretty much ride the center line.  Fine if you want to ride in your peloton, but damn, move the F off the center line.  It isn't always possible to give you 3+ feet of room when it is a narrow gravel shoulder.

Hell, I don't trust vehicles to stay between the lines.  If I'm on a road, it has a wide shoulder and I'm damn near to the gravel.

They are in the same league as BMW, Audi, and Tesla leasees.

Those are just the road bike crowd in the winter.

I can understand the two Side by side thing as a safety for visibility . Hugging the centre line is dumb.  Give the cars a chance to miss you.  

I ride gravel and back roads for distance mostly because there is less traffic. It lowers the odds and people are more polite. 

When I’m with traffic in the city I don’t sneak up the inside at a light. I figure if the car took a while to pass, I’m not going to make them do it all over again 

Mountain biking is more fun all around. The trees only occasionally jump out at you and I’ve got a good group that goes once or twice a week. 

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Ahh...well, that's new.  Another reason to despise them if you ask me.  And they are fine with it...as am I.

Funny how you hated them for breaking the law then found out you were wrong about the law and didn’t change your mind. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Let them blow thru stop signs and then god will sort them out. I'm sure they'd be tickled pink to go to haven in their spandex suits 

20 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Years ago I was sitting at a stop light in the semi.  Light turns green, the line starts going and BAM, some road squid plowed full speed boardside into the Grand Marq in front of me.  Like I don't even think the person hit the brakes.  Never heard how either party made out.

Had one here not long ago crossed in front of a semi style flatbed truck in down town Pittsburgh Pa., the cameras at the intersection show the semi truck had the Green Light and the Bike had a Red Light & No crossing sign lit at the cross walk for pedestrians, he passed away a few days after the accident.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Let them blow thru stop signs and then god will sort them out. I'm sure they'd be tickled pink to go to haven in their spandex suits 

Quite a few comments about what bikers wear on here.  Maybe cyclists be safer if you closeted individuals would keep your eyes on the road and stop trying to check out their junk. 

Edited by revkevsdi
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Quite a few comments about what bikers wear on here.  Maybe cyclists be safer if you closeted individuals would keep your eyes on the road and stop trying to check out their junk. 

I ride the dirt and you'll never catch me dead in super snug nut huggers thanks

• Haha 1