Check your account email address ×

anyone freshwater fishing?

season is young but stripers are running as well as herring. smallmouths i think are still coming but they hit last night. many more trips to come

• Like 1

we're opening the cottage next weekend, and I was planning to drop the sleds off at storage and pick up the boat this weekend.  then we begin... ;)

• Like 1

Walleye & sauger fishing has been fantastic here ... some absolute hogs.  Here's just a few pics from a buddy/local guide who's loving it this spring (and so are his customers):

image.thumb.png.2e8234f9a838db88cbb2a784c426be44.png

image.thumb.png.3e8bf9886dc25e450b5686de665bfe71.png

image.thumb.png.ba9b15f750be8fe513acb4ea27e0d2a0.png

And then there was this from another guide, just up the river about a month ago:

image.thumb.png.0d174435acea05e64943f06a1de6c038.png

• Like 2

That last one is a hog.  Holy.  

Sadly my boat is still in storage.  Lake house is getting remodeled and that is sapping all my time.  Season isn't open here in MN though anyways so I'd have to trailer to wi.

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

they spawners? we get the big ones usually now. dinner is gonna be good for those boys

That last one was definitely pre-spawn.  It's post-spawn now but they're still biting and good sized fish out there to catch.  Needless to say, the river's been BUSY!!

we have the striper rush in the hudson river. busy is an understatement. they are getting some monsters. local guy here caught a 17lb brown. i ididn't believe it till i saw it. holy shit

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Walleye & sauger fishing has been fantastic here ... some absolute hogs.  Here's just a few pics from a buddy/local guide who's loving it this spring (and so are his customers):

image.thumb.png.2e8234f9a838db88cbb2a784c426be44.png

image.thumb.png.3e8bf9886dc25e450b5686de665bfe71.png

image.thumb.png.ba9b15f750be8fe513acb4ea27e0d2a0.png

And then there was this from another guide, just up the river about a month ago:

image.thumb.png.0d174435acea05e64943f06a1de6c038.png

Saw that last one on Facebook, damn submarine lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Was supposed to be out on Lake Superior today but was canceled due to wind. :sad:

My parents made a trip to superior a couple weeks ago and did decent. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The day boat haddock charters here are limiting out (15) early the last few days

Ive never gone this time of yr. Im assuming they are in a lot closer then mid summer ?

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Ive never gone this time of yr. Im assuming they are in a lot closer then mid summer ?

I saw reports on full day charters and not sure if they were out to Jeffries. Nice big fish though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I saw reports on full day charters and not sure if they were out to Jeffries. Nice big fish though.

That can be a long ride. Especially if it gets a little rough.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, ckf said:

That can be a long ride. Especially if it gets a little rough.

it is , thats why i was wondering if they are being caught closer. 

Coming back in from Jefferies I usualy fall asleep

• Like 1

i went on a 12 hour marathon to jeffries. i brought home 20lbs of cod filets. got my money's worth. it was a bachelor party. those guys were drinking and eating. they said in every picture i was fishing. first mate just hung out bullshitting. after a few minutes he asked if i was good . yup. i caught most of what was in the coolers but we split it up. he fileted on the way back. i had to drive back to ny when i hit land so i had no booze. those guys hit land , and were fucked. i left 9pm, they were done. so much for the bachelor party. i had to drink coffee to make the drive home. up early , 12 hours on the boat, then driving home in the dark. i'm a champ behind the wheel, but i'm sleeping by the first stop sign as a passenger . unless i have doubt in your driving...

• Like 1

i scored a good one yesterday. i have been looking for an extra kayak to have on hand. feel bad out there killing it and my buddy doesn't have a kayak. marketplace was loaded and one in my town stuck out , no response. i was browsing in the  morning and found it . wilderness systems tsunami 140 , with a rudder. about a half hour away for 550.00. i messaged him, he popped right back, i knew exactly where his house is. i took a buddy just in case. i pull up he's waiting. the boat is a 2020 , he used it 5 times. sweet seat, rudder, 2 hatches, 2 mesh bags on the deck. then he gave me a pump, paddle float, anchor with rope, life jacket, cockpit cover, deck bag , and a carbon paddle. like my buddy said i bought the accessories. the boat without the rudder looks like 1699.00 , rudder is 341.00 on amazon. i got a smokin deal and it's all like new. nice young kid with too many irons in the fire. i'm gonna try it , and maybe switch from my tandem 145t , let my buddy use it. this thing i got today is beautiful. paddle is 349.00 , weighs 26 ounces. thursday it's on !

https://www.confluenceoutdoor.com/en-us/products/tsunami-140-day-touring-kayak/9720408179

https://oklahomakayak.com/products/aqua-bound-tango-fiberglass-2-piece-straight-shaft-paddle?variant=41915802812571

• Like 1