Check your account email address ×

Black market illegal grow operations set to make billions for Chinese nationals

WASHINGTON (Gray DC) - Mexican cartels have been the top dog of black-market marijuana trade in the U.S., according to the Washington Post. But now, border patrol says Chinese nationals quietly built a billion-dollar operation with illegal grow houses.

Experts say they show up with suitcases full of cash, ready to buy farmland in marijuana-friendly states. In Maine, border patrol was alerted to 270 different properties that were growing enough marijuana plants to produce an average of $4 billion a year.

“We have this increasing level of black-market activity that’s interfering with the state’s legal market and you have a lot of money laundering that’s taking place,” said Executive Vice President of Smart Approaches to Marijuana Luke Niforatos.

Full article:  https://www.wcax.com/2024/05/02/black-market-illegal-grow-operations-set-make-billions-chinese-nationals/?tbref=hp

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, ckf said:

WASHINGTON (Gray DC) - Mexican cartels have been the top dog of black-market marijuana trade in the U.S., according to the Washington Post. But now, border patrol says Chinese nationals quietly built a billion-dollar operation with illegal grow houses.

Experts say they show up with suitcases full of cash, ready to buy farmland in marijuana-friendly states. In Maine, border patrol was alerted to 270 different properties that were growing enough marijuana plants to produce an average of $4 billion a year.

“We have this increasing level of black-market activity that’s interfering with the state’s legal market and you have a lot of money laundering that’s taking place,” said Executive Vice President of Smart Approaches to Marijuana Luke Niforatos.

Full article:  https://www.wcax.com/2024/05/02/black-market-illegal-grow-operations-set-make-billions-chinese-nationals/?tbref=hp

Co worker and I were just talking about this yesterday. He said there was a big bust up in Maine bunch of Chinese.

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/crime/illegal-marijuana-grows-chinese-workers-maine-court-documents-investigation/97-ae363572-3d17-479a-bc90-5ea509eaecfc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Co worker and I were just talking about this yesterday. He said there was a big bust up in Maine bunch of Chinese.

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/crime/illegal-marijuana-grows-chinese-workers-maine-court-documents-investigation/97-ae363572-3d17-479a-bc90-5ea509eaecfc

I've been reading about it on one of the cannabis forums that I am on. I guess that ME is a very popular location for the Chinese to setup.

Got me thinking.. What sort of criminal activity do we export to other countries?  Where are the Americans setting up shop?

Or do we not waste our time with low level crime and instead focus on white collar financial and market manipulation and exporting freedom!  I think our lower/middle class is missing an opportunity here. 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've been reading about it on one of the cannabis forums that I am on. I guess that ME is a very popular location for the Chinese to setup.

Easy to hop the border and easy to stay hidden I guess. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Easy to hop the border and easy to stay hidden I guess. 

Some is probably shipped out from a quaint ME fishing village too. Lots of options from ME.

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s been going on for years. They buy a nice large home in a nice neighborhood and grow like a mofo….lo

And they don't even support CMP because they steal the power.

• Like 1

We had a big bust here a few years ago in the National Forest, Hunters seen them..was  Hispanics, helicopters were flying overhead, Fed Forest and local cops all over the place, they caught most of them and plowed the crops under after spraying them first we were told.

ny state is a feeding ground for this shit as well. legalized in 21, and fucked up the rest. still only minimal dispensaries. every gas station here is selling weed. buy papers and they will ask you. what did they think was gonna happen? they opened the door and left it swinging. then the stupid governor wants to make it a "priority" to shut them down. should have prioritized the supply chain and the issue would still be there , but smaller. they didn't want legal weed , just the money. our disgraced former governor cuomo legalized maybe to help himself but it was supposed to have been in the works. proved they had done nothing. weed isn't causing issues here. go get the fentanyl that is. local ems absorbed with folks dropping . 

2 hours ago, F3600 said:

Got me thinking.. What sort of criminal activity do we export to other countries?  Where are the Americans setting up shop?

Or do we not waste our time with low level crime and instead focus on white collar financial and market manipulation and exporting freedom!  I think our lower/middle class is missing an opportunity here. 

America ships firearms. Sig recently shuttered a main mfg plant in Germany and brought it to the US because of loose firearm export laws here. 

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

ny state is a feeding ground for this shit as well. legalized in 21, and fucked up the rest. still only minimal dispensaries. every gas station here is selling weed. buy papers and they will ask you. what did they think was gonna happen? they opened the door and left it swinging. then the stupid governor wants to make it a "priority" to shut them down. should have prioritized the supply chain and the issue would still be there , but smaller. they didn't want legal weed , just the money. our disgraced former governor cuomo legalized maybe to help himself but it was supposed to have been in the works. proved they had done nothing. weed isn't causing issues here. go get the fentanyl that is. local ems absorbed with folks dropping . 

Folks taking Fentanyl do it to themselves, no one is forcing them to take that crap that will kill them.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Folks taking Fentanyl do it to themselves, no one is forcing them to take that crap that will kill them.

no but they are taxing the system big time. it's in other drugs as well, people have no idea. 

issue with fentanyl now is that it is making its way into all drugs legal and illegal!!this shit needs to be gone!!!!

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Their choice to do dangerous drugs, they tossed themselves away.

A lot of the time they don't even know that they are buying fentanyl. The think that they are buying X but it can be fentanyl or laced with fentanyl.

59 minutes ago, ckf said:

A lot of the time they don't even know that they are buying fentanyl. The think that they are buying X but it can be fentanyl or laced with fentanyl.

What is "X"?

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

America ships firearms. Sig recently shuttered a main mfg plant in Germany and brought it to the US because of loose firearm export laws here. 

Good , they build em right here in NH

Just now, steve from amherst said:

extasy aka mollie

I was just using X as insert drug here. I should have just written it that way, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

local kid bought weed that somehow had fentanyl in it. almost died, they thought he crashed his quad because that's how they found him. in a ditch unresponsive. there are some that became addicted to pain killers after surgery . i was eating percocet like candy on and off for 11 months. 13mm kidney stone stuck in my ureter , took 7 tries with the laser to get it out. 8th time to fix the damage it did to my ureter. i would have a procedure , being in unbearable pain, eat a perc and breathe for few hours. i could feel it after just a few days when i stopped , my body wanted it and it made me feel like i had the flu. i powered through but many didn't. it made me not want to take them but i'm talking pain that on a 1-10 scale is 13. shit needs to be handled with care , plus i am fully aware what happens from that by watching so many others. including personal friends. oh and the worst thing is drinking along with pain meds. don't do that , watched my brother in law get where he could chew 20 hydros in 18 hours and a case of beer. he loved the mix. shit killed him though

23 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

that cunt Hochul needs to be dropped off in NYC in the middle of the illegal over run infested areas WITHOUT a protection detail:news:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1