Check your account email address ×

15,000 miles before becoming cleaner

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 4/27/2024 at 9:41 PM, BOHICA said:

Usually stay at hotels visiting family.  Never have plugged in at a families house but they are more like an airplane ride away.  Wife’s family is all around 30-40 miles from our location.  Got 2 chargers in my garage so no need to plug into neighbors.  I would never run an extension cord for an EV as to much crate drop.

most decent hotels anymore offer free charging for EV’s 

:lmao:Just because its not on your bill doesn't mean you're not being charged for it. 

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:Just because its not on your bill doesn't mean you're not being charged for it. 

My rate at hotels is the same whether I have an EV or not.  Most Hilton hotels don’t ask if you even have a vehicle unless they charge for parking which is rare from my experience.  

Edited by BOHICA

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My rate at hotels is the same whether I have an EV or not.  Most Hilton hotels don’t ask if you even have a vehicle unless they charge for parking which is rare from my experience.  

Yes they make everyone pay for it but to act like its free is being pretty obtuse to how corporations work.  Very little in life is actually "free." 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes they make everyone pay for it but to act like its free is being pretty obtuse to how corporations work. 

No they don’t.  They use it as an incentive to get more customers in and sell more rooms.  Kind of like rewards programs offered by hotels to get more customers.  Lots of business offer incentives to get people in the doors and buy products which don’t cost other consumers that chose to not take advantage of incentives and specials.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Hotels raise their rates for rooms enough to cover the EV crowd who cheer on how it’s free 

About like auto dealership raising what they charge for a vehicle to non coffee drinkers cause they offer free coffee to customers that drink coffee.  
😂 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

No they don’t.  They use it as an incentive to get more customers in and sell more rooms.  Kind of like rewards programs offered by hotels to get more customers.  Lots of business offer incentives to get people in the doors and buy products which don’t cost other consumers that chose to not take advantage of incentives and specials.

In the long run you pay.   Eventually everything becomes a charge or finds it way into the OH rates which are passed on to customers.   Business' eventually "bake them in" to calculating what to charge.  

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

About like auto dealership raising what they charge for a vehicle to non coffee drinkers cause they offer free coffee to customers that drink coffee.  
😂

Yeah its just like that.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

😂

Now if everyone staying at the hotel was charging their EV it would be even less “free” :lol:

On 4/27/2024 at 8:16 PM, BOHICA said:

In about 400 miles or so I need about 15-20 minutes of charge time. Enough to take a piss and move on.

you tapping your foot and finding a special friend in the restroom cause no way just taking a piss is long enough to recharge one of these fuckers. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

you tapping your foot and finding a special friend in the restroom cause no way just taking a piss is long enough to recharge one of these fuckers. 

Nope.  Charged up when you leave the house and I have yet to need to DC charge at destination as AC chargers where you sleep are abundant and typically free to use.  So just a few minutes here and there to charge enroute.  I rarely charge much above 50% on DC fast chargers