Check your account email address ×

US oil production breaks records; expert explains why gas prices remain high

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR) - The United States was a major record-breaker last year when it came to oil production. International Energy Statistics reports the U.S. produced more crude oil than any other nation at any point in history at about 12.9 million barrels a day. Despite the high inventory, gas prices are still creeping higher. 

Commodity trading expert Eugene Graner with Heartland Investor Services Inc. said that even though we’re a world leader in oil production, gas prices are still based on the world oil market. Graner said that’s because we don’t keep all the oil we produce.

“We still import, but we export oil as well. That’s because oil, similar to wheat and corn, is fungible. So, since we can export oil for logistic reasons, it makes sense to export one coast and import into another coast— we rise and fall with world oil prices,” said Graner.

Graner said the cost of gas on a national level can still be impacted by conflict and oil prices and production overseas.

He said the regional cost of gas can be impacted by refinery closures, maintenance or capacity.

https://www.kfyrtv.com/2024/03/29/us-oil-production-breaks-records-expert-explains-why-gas-prices-remain-high/

@Pete 

will more drilling and a pipeline help? 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Biden and the dems want oil gone. They are doing everything possible to make this happen.

Trump was soooo much better and gas was cheaper.

keep trying to fluff his balls to help him..

i dont give a fuck what you say cunt 2 cunt tds fuck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Pete said:

Biden and the dems want oil gone. They are doing everything possible to make this happen.

Ya they are pumping more than Trump ever did to get rid of it!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Ya they are pumping more than Trump ever did to get rid of it!

Gas was cheaper under trump

SBYL

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Oh look. It's Easter again.

Pete is angry again and saying stupid shit that makes no sense.

Trumps was better for America.

Ronald Regan: are you better off now than 4 years ago?

:lol2:

Just now, Pete said:

Trumps was better for America.

Ronald Regan: are you better off now than 4 years ago?

:lol2:

Sadly I am way better off than 4 years ago.  Last year alone put me 5 years closer to retirement.  Anyone with any brain should have made a shitload of money last year.

Either way, as usual, completely unrelated to the topic at hand which is the price of gas   Trump is not why the gas was cheap.  If you stupidly think differently explain it to us simpletons.  We are dying for a laugh.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

how?

how would Trump make gasoline cheaper?

what am I 'saying'?   you've been provided with ample information to formulate some sort of rational response.  please, explain what Trump can or might do to lower gas prices.  :news:   

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Gas was cheaper under trump

so it will be exactly the same as soon as he's back in office?

Everything including gas was way cheaper under trump. That’s a fact that 80% of America sees. 

No amount of bs spin is gonna help. Nothing.

its out of control and America is gonna drop the hammer in November 

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Everything including gas was way cheaper under trump. That’s a fact that 80% of America sees. 

Still cheering for that recession to drive deflation? Or have you rethought about that one yet.

Posted (edited)

Wars were virtually non-existent under Trump....... Now you have Ukraine and we have Israel  and unrest throughout the world... much of the blame is to be put on Biden.

He is a weak feckless leader, that the world has taken advantage of and just doesn't give a shit.  

We need a strong leader to simmer everything down And the price of fuel will follow...   .karenfuckinteed.

Anyone want to take me up on that bet 10% fuel prices will be lower in 3 months?.?.... Nope, didn't think so.

Keeping being gaslighted by the MSM and post your little articles that you feel relevant .:lol:

It all revolves around speculation... Trump will loosen regulations big time, reinstate Keystone. Get rid of this terrible mandate for Electric Vehicles and give Americans free choice of what they want to drive and purchase. It will just be a much friendlier atmosphere for fossil fuels.   It will make all the difference in the world on fuel prices.

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Anyone want to take me up on that bet 10% fuel prices will be lower in 3 months?.?.... Nope, didn't think so.

Gas price’s move 10% all the time. Why can’t he just lower them down to what they were when he left?

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

how is he going to lower the price of Everything ???

maybe we should stick to gas first... so how will he lower the price of it?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Tiny Pete wants more horses. Let’s go way back.

52 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Sadly I am way better off than 4 years ago.  Last year alone put me 5 years closer to retirement.  Anyone with any brain should have made a shitload of money last year.

Either way, as usual, completely unrelated to the topic at hand which is the price of gas   Trump is not why the gas was cheap.  If you stupidly think differently explain it to us simpletons.  We are dying for a laugh.

Hey dipshit, your own personally financial situation is not the measure of the overall state of the economy. Roughly 40% of our population is not in even the stock market. The lower and middle class people are getting hammered and these are the people that Democrats (lie about representing) supposedly care about and the Dems are failing miserably and hopefully those voters feel the pain right up to election time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Wars were virtually non-existent under Trump....... Now you have Ukraine and we have Israel  and unrest throughout the world... much of the blame is to be put on Biden.

He is a weak feckless leader, that the world has taken advantage of and just doesn't give a shit.  

We need a strong leader to simmer everything down And the price of fuel will follow...   .karenfuckinteed.

Keeping being gaslighted by the MSM and post your little articles that you feel relevant .:lol:

It all revolves around speculation... Trump will loosen regulations big time, reinstate Keystone. Get rid of this terrible mandate for Electric Vehicles and give Americans free choice of what they want to drive and purchase. It will just be a much friendlier atmosphere for fossil fuels.   It will make all the difference in the world on fuel prices.

lordy... :lol2:

so he's going to resolve the illegal invasion of Ukraine and create peace in the middle east to stabilize oil/fuel prices which are controlled primarily by global supply/demand, price speculation and OPEC?    factual articles from the gas/oil industry, or data from EIA are now MSM... holy fuck:lolz:  are you denying we're setting records for US oil production and EXPORTS?  I mean seriously... that's some funny shit.  

loosen regulations to produce and ship more oil out of the country?  we don't use the vast majority of oil we pump out of the ground or shoot down a pipeline.  get rid of EV's so people can purchase more vehicles that burn gasoline and create higher demand... not that I'm an EV fanboi, but think about what you said... it's laughable.   I could go on... and on and on.  9_9

now... had you said Trump had an infrastructure plan to build new refineries capable of processing US crude I'd have said 'sounds good' or something of that nature.  the fact is the man has no plan, he rode into office on Obama's economic coat tails and he's looking at becoming POTUS heading into a possible recession.

he's a bible, tennis shoe, nft and social media selling clown.  please point me to his plan to reduce the debt, curb inflation and lower gas prices... to begin with.   you won't find them in meme's or in trumparea.org  

and Happy Easter  :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Hey dipshit, your own personally financial situation is not the measure of the overall state of the economy. Roughly 40% of our population is not in even the stock market. The lower and middle class people are getting hammered and these are the people that Democrats (lie about representing) supposedly care about and the Dems are failing miserably and hopefully those voters feel the pain right up to election time.

how is Trump going to lower the price of groceries?   :pc: 

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

He asked about me.

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Tiny Pete wants more horses. Let’s go way back.

Jesus you are one delusional mother fucker. I bet you and joe were good friends too

youre so extreme it’s laughable.

stick to your cigars and cognac while pointing fingers from your pedestal. Thats what elitist NE shit bags do

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Gas is still cheap.  Period.  Unless you’re broke like @Pete

No it’s not and 80% of America agrees with me. 

SBYL

:lmao:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Gas is still cheap.  Period.  Unless you’re broke like @Pete

It's not cheap in California.