2025 plan for a sled  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's you plan for a 2025 sled?

• Snowcheck a 2025
    • Purchase left over 2024
    • Keep current sled
    • Sell current sled
    • Get out of the sport

Rough year so what's your 2025 plan for a sled? 

I'm my worst enemy and snowchecked a 2025 Polaris XCR 850.  Being a 9R is $3099.00 more than a 850 comes with a 2 year warranty -vs- 4 year on a 850 just couldn't justify a 9R.

If your looking to update lots a deals on in stock 2024 sled.

2025 XCR.jpg

• Like 1

• Doug changed the title to 2025 plan for a sled Poll

Congrats on the new ride for 2025, Doug!  I'm going to be holding onto mine since it's still new and I'd take a bath trying to get rid of it & into a new one.  That said, if I were going new it'd likely be a 9R Assault as I got a pretty good price on that sled.  Something tells me, snowcheck for '25 is gonna be a bit on the slim side for the manufacturers and deals on 2024's are going to be hard to pass up.

Talked to my dealer for a while and they sold 5 snowcheck sleds so far and have about 30 builds to price out.  Couple guys bought a left over 24's as there's also some dealer incentives to move them.  

As for the subject of the price and warranty difference between the 850 and 9R there was lot of dealers not happy and questioning way such a big difference.  Never got a good answer that he heard.  I could see maybe $1200.00 difference but not $3099.00.

My dealer also pointed out that the Boost also takes a big hit on trade in and figures the 9R will be the same.  A customer that wants to buy a Boost or now 9R now will almost always buy a new one vs a 1 or 2 year old Boost.  Selling a used boost is a hard sell.

• Like 1

New sled is dependent on location of new home....Went looking yesterday...local Doo ) Lynx Dealership  - dealer sent everything back to BRP....

Comments from BRP rep four more dealers in his area sent their inventory back + dropped the sled 🛷 line 😞....

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Going to keep the sleds I have.  Trying to decide if we need a 3rd.  If the deal is right, we do.

There's some good deals on 2024's right now.  Most included a 2 year warranty which is all you get on a 9R or Boost for this year's snowcheck

• Like 1

Going to keep mine. The way cat keeps fucking around and find out is not good. They launched the 858 at haydays and I couldn’t buy it and the catalyst was sold out and you couldn’t find one pisses me off. I found a catalyst and it was easy