Check your account email address ×

Ukraine troops withdraw from front-line city of Avdiivka, army chief says

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Threat to Europe...... :lmao:One thing we've learned from this conflict is that US and NATO intelligence has been lying to us about Russia for decades.   The idea that Russia would or could move on NATO is fucking absurd. 

The Pentagon has been over selling Russia for decades. The only successful weapon system Russia has made in the last 70 years is the AK47 everything else has sucked.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The Pentagon has been over selling Russia for decades. The only successful weapon system Russia has made in the last 70 years is the AK47 everything else has sucked.

They also made hypersonic missiles 

• Platinum Contributing Member
33 minutes ago, akvanden said:

As if that’s a prerequisite in sharing your opinion that war is awful, which it absolutely is. We can’t make Ukraine fight, especially for as long and hard as they have been, but we can and should give them weapons to defend their homeland for as long as they are willing to.

I've never been opposed to having them buy weapons.   Same goes for Israel.  Their war their dime.

That doesn't change the fact that there is good evidence the whole thing could have been avoided and was predicated by NATO aggression over the years.   You can claim it was defensive but its still aggression.   We would do the EXACT same thing if China, Russia, North Korea and Iran put "defensive" weapons surrounding us.

You need to see my other two posts with an open mind.  

Edited by Highmark

21 minutes ago, Rod said:

Like 3 of them.   :lol:  Their gen 5 fighter is suppose to be so awesome and I don't think they have a dozen of them operational.  I don't think they've been confidant enough to even use them in Ukraine.

If global assessment of their GDP is even remotely accurate then its easy to tell their military simply isn't that formidable. 

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Like 3 of them.   :lol:  Their gen 4 fighter is suppose to be so awesome and I don't think they have a dozen of them.

If global assessment of their GDP is even remotely accurate then its easy to tell their military simply isn't that formidable. 

Well they have decimated the 2nd largest military in nato somehow 

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

Well they have decimated the 2nd largest military in nato somehow 

Who would that be?  Ukraine isn't in NATO and Turkey is likely the 2nd largest military in NATO. 

Edited by Highmark

38 minutes ago, Highmark said:

We would do the EXACT same thing if China, Russia, North Korea and Iran put "defensive" weapons surrounding us.

If we threatened our neighbors with invasion and annexation, then I suppose we’d deserve it when they reached out to China for help. And if we did then invade to try and stop it, I’d assume they’d fight and not just rollover like a few here wish Ukraine did.

43 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You need to see my other two posts with an open mind.  

I have no issues with your opinion though we may disagree. If you don’t think we should be helping Ukraine in their fight, so be it. You’re at least able to articulate why - others not so much.

47 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Who would that be?  Ukraine isn't in NATO and Turkey is likely the 2nd largest military in NATO. 

Ukraine is basically nato 

all their money, training and equipment is from nato 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, akvanden said:

We don’t have to give them anything new to gather intelligence, test strategies, etc.

Yes, we need intel for the next eleventy trillion dollar forever war!

32 minutes ago, akvanden said:

If we threatened our neighbors with invasion and annexation, then I suppose we’d deserve it when they reached out to China for help. And if we did then invade to try and stop it, I’d assume they’d fight and not just rollover like a few here wish Ukraine did.

I have no issues with your opinion though we may disagree. If you don’t think we should be helping Ukraine in their fight, so be it. You’re at least able to articulate why - others not so much.

Well we surround those countries with military bases, navel assets and WMD's so I'd say that's far worse than threats. 

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Consistency is only a virtue if you strive toward getting shit right.  Still, it does make him sort of fun to follow.  And sad.

A winning strategy!  That and pilfering billions from nations around the world to set these Nazi fuck heads up good an proper somewhere else.  

Nothing new at all is needed there and even if it was, we have military doctrines that prevent us from handing over our new technology to defeated armies or enemies.  BUT...since this administration is a fucking joke and really, treasonous on every level.  You might be right.  

Just wait til Russia runs out of bullets, then Ukraine will make its move with its 85 year olds left in the army. 

36 minutes ago, Rod said:

Ukraine is basically nato 

all their money, training and equipment is from nato 

Assuming we could stick within the bounds of conventional warfare, Russia would be gone from Ukraine in a months time if NATO became fully involved.

5 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Assuming we could stick within the bounds of conventional warfare, Russia would be gone from Ukraine in a months time if NATO became fully involved.

Who’s going to run them out? The 30 fat Germans armed with sticks?

18 minutes ago, Rod said:

Who’s going to run them out? The 30 fat Germans armed with sticks?

Yeah that’s basically the only thing NATO is holding back is 30 Germans. They’ve already expended their air superiority, naval assets, troops, properly trained tank divisions, things like that. 

8 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Yeah that’s basically the only thing NATO is holding back is 30 Germans. They’ve already expended their air superiority, naval assets, troops, properly trained tank divisions, things like that. 

What army in nato is going to push the Russians out?

2 hours ago, Rod said:

:lol: No they haven’t. Russia refitted an existing air launched ballistic missile from the Cold War era with some extra maneuverability. It’s all bullshit. Ukraine has already shot down several. You believe all the Russian hype. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

:lol: No they haven’t. Russia refitted an existing air launched ballistic missile from the Cold War era with some extra maneuverability. It’s all bullshit. Ukraine has already shot down several. You believe all the Russian hype. 

Oh thpin. You believe the cutest things 

57 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well we surround those countries with military bases, navel assets and WMD's so I'd say that's far worse than threats. 

Nonsense. America is claiming no territory as theirs. There are defense agreements that have been entered into by some European countries for protection. Meanwhile China has claimed all of the South China Sea and constructed island bases loaded with military hardware. They’re also terrorizing Vietnam, Philippines, and other south East Asian countries with their pathetic navel forces.  Russia has also invaded and occupied four countries since Putin came to power. These are the facts. 

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

So Ukraine is losing?

Ukraine didn’t have a chance against russia’s long held willingness to throw bodies into a war. Putin is really no different than Stalin in this regard. In fact, he’s followed stalin’s blueprint to the tee. Including the use of other nation’s assets to fight a war after his have been exhausted. In the end Russia will have gained nothing. They’ve created so much hate in Ukraine and throughout Europe that they’ll never have any stability or legitimacy in Ukraine. They don’t have the resources or man power to control the entire area. They created a Vietnam on their own doorstep. 

• Like 1