Check your account email address ×

Mexico demands investigation into US military-grade weapons being used by drug cartels

• Platinum Contributing Member

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico wants an urgent investigation into how U.S. military-grade weapons are increasingly being found in the hands of Mexican drug cartels, Mexico’s top diplomat said Monday.

Mexico’s army is finding belt-fed machine guns, rocket launchers and grenades that are not sold for civilian use in the United States.

“The (Mexican) Defense Department has warned the United States about weapons entering Mexico that are for the exclusive use of the U.S. army,” Foreign Relations Secretary Alicia Bárcena said. “It is very urgent that an investigation into this be carried out.”

Why can't I get a C6 belt fed 7.62? 

I'm just a bad ass on the C6. Like captain Kill.

Maybe a  Grenade launcher. 

Carl G?

There is the second, right?

If I had a rocket launcher some some of a bitch would die.

Edited by Voodoo

Just now, Voodoo said:

Why can't I get a C6 belt fed 7.62? 

If I had a rocket launcher some some of a bitch would die.

Well sir, I beleive you may have answered your own question

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Well sir, I beleive you may have answered your own question

Totally.

If someone like me had access to the weapon systems I had in the military shit would be different.

I'm a pacifist. 

Killing people is the absolute last resort.

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Those are legal in New Hampshire…..but you just can’t buy pot here. No helmet and no seatbelts required cheap liquor too.

You need a federal license for an automatic gun

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Let's keep leaving all our military equipment behind in foreign lands.  Many here have said it is a bad thing. 

Americans addiction and long term love affair with narcotics is the reason there's  cartels in the first place. 

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the weapons mentioned came from the ME or Afghanistan... 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Americans addiction and long term love affair with narcotics is the reason there's  cartels in the first place. 

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the weapons mentioned came from the ME or Afghanistan... 

Yeah, it's Americans fault again.  Tell me, when does the emotional liberal ever find fault with anyone but America?

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, it's Americans fault again.  Tell me, when does the emotional liberal ever find fault with anyone but America?

who buys more narcotics from Mexico than liberal or conservative Americans?  

please, tell me... :news:

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The United States has a large population, a strong economy, and a very large and sparsely guarded border—which adds up to many easy-to-reach potential customers with ample disposable income, making the US an appealing market for drug smugglers.

Let's make it easier by OPENING the border.

LET'S GO BRANDON

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

The United States has a large population, a strong economy, and a very large and sparsely guarded border—which adds up to many easy-to-reach potential customers with ample disposable income, making the US an appealing market for drug smugglers.

Let's make it easier by OPENING the border.

LET'S GO BRANDON

interesting straw man analogy with a touch of BDS

as a self proclaimed fiscal conservative... can you tell me what the annual pricetag of the US federal prison system is?  once you assertain the amount please find out what percentage of people enrolled in the US federal prison system are in prison on drug related charges and approximate the annual cost to US taxpayers. 

if there was no... or even less demand for narcotics in the US what kind of economic impact would it have on the cartels buying US military weapons to kill their fellow Mexican citizens with?

furthermore, what is the economic impact upon our healthcare system?  do you enjoy paying taxes for methadone clinics and narcan? 

lmk when you start seeing your hypocrisy here... :news:

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

America’s next war is going to be with Mexico and Latin America. Within the next 2-3 years the cartels are going to get lit up by American special forces. It’s going to get ugly. There’s really no other solution. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

America’s next war is going to be with Mexico and Latin America. Within the next 2-3 years the cartels are going to get lit up by American special forces. It’s going to get ugly. There’s really no other solution. 

Of course there is another solution. Ignore drugs. Let them come into the country. A certain % of Americans will always do drugs. You cannot stop that. Flood the fucking market. let the prices drop like a rock and the huge profit margins will drop with them. 

When they do , many on the supply side will drop out of the game. 

7 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Of course there is another solution. Ignore drugs. Let them come into the country. A certain % of Americans will always do drugs. You cannot stop that. Flood the fucking market. let the prices drop like a rock and the huge profit margins will drop with them. 

When they do , many on the supply side will drop out of the game. 

In the past I’d agree. But decriminalizing drugs at this point has been a disaster. With the addictive potential of synthetic opioids and stimulants and more just around the corner, makes decriminalizing a non-starter. Even with well funded treatment, these kids aren’t going to stop. The permissiveness of drug use has been a massive mistake. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

In the past I’d agree. But decriminalizing drugs at this point has been a disaster. With the addictive potential of synthetic opioids and stimulants and more just around the corner, makes decriminalizing a non-starter. Even with well funded treatment, these kids aren’t going to stop. The permissiveness of drug use has been a massive mistake. 

Correct , they are not going to stop. So why do we insist on trying to control the supply when we know we cant. All it does is create artificial high prices causing junkies to commit more crimes then they would otherwise. 

Im not saying legalization. Im saying Just let it flow. It is not like the number of junkies will double. 

Legalization in Portland has been a huge failure. But some of that is because it attracts junkies from elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Correct , they are not going to stop. So why do we insist on trying to control the supply when we know we cant. All it does is create artificial high prices causing junkies to commit more crimes then they would otherwise. 

Im not saying legalization. Im saying Just let it flow. It is not like the number of junkies will double. 

Legalization in Portland has been a huge failure. But some of that is because it attracts junkies from elsewhere.

Tha absolute failure of legalization in Portland is completely due to liberal policies of the city. Take away the free needles, shoot up spots, and free meals and shit would be different 

8 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Tha absolute failure of legalization in Portland is completely due to liberal policies of the city. Take away the free needles, shoot up spots, and free meals and shit would be different 

Take away free needles and you’ll see health problems/contagious diseases skyrocket along with medical costs. Free needles is a big money saver in the days of legalized drugs. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Take away free needles and you’ll see health problems/contagious diseases skyrocket along with medical costs. Free needles is a big money saver in the days of legalized drugs. 

It is, Part of Portlands failure was to not have a dedicated place , be it a homeless camp, city drug den , call it what you will, Pick a place in a shithole part of town and let em run free in that hood. Outside of that hood bust their balls so bad they dont want to leave.

Instead their problem is spread out across the city interfearing with commorce.

19 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Basically, stop perpetuating and encouraging the use of drugs.  Stop having the taxpayers paying for methadone clinics and narcan and finally STOP universal HC for these people.  Eventually the drugs have the worst effect possible and darwin takes over.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

interesting straw man analogy with a touch of BDS

as a self proclaimed fiscal conservative... can you tell me what the annual pricetag of the US federal prison system is?  once you assertain the amount please find out what percentage of people enrolled in the US federal prison system are in prison on drug related charges and approximate the annual cost to US taxpayers. 

if there was no... or even less demand for narcotics in the US what kind of economic impact would it have on the cartels buying US military weapons to kill their fellow Mexican citizens with?

furthermore, what is the economic impact upon our healthcare system?  do you enjoy paying taxes for methadone clinics and narcan? 

lmk when you start seeing your hypocrisy here... :news:

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Basically, stop perpetuating and encouraging the use of drugs.  Stop having the taxpayers paying for methadone clinics and narcan and finally STOP universal HC for these people.  Eventually the drugs have the worst effect possible and darwin takes over.

:wtf: