Check your account email address ×

Mexico demands investigation into US military-grade weapons being used by drug cartels

20 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I wonder how many other countries pay to have Naloxone handy in case of overdoses.

Would you rather see them all die?

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if there was no... or even less demand for narcotics in the US what kind of economic impact would it have on the cartels buying US military weapons to kill their fellow Mexican citizens with?

furthermore, what is the economic impact upon our healthcare system?  do you enjoy paying taxes for methadone clinics and narcan? 

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

Would you rather see them all die?

What would it do to the demand?   

Amazing that the taxpayers have to cover the cost of a drug to save the life of a possible OD, but diabetic meds have to be covered by the patient.  The concept is just ass-backwards.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Losing customers does nothing to demand?  That's a new one?

There will always be more. Demand has NEVER been an issue but you know that right?

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Nothing 

Most recovering addicts with years of clean time have been saved one or more times by Narcan. Today they’re fathers, mothers, sons and daughters leading productive lives and spreading a message of hope and direction to those that are still caught up in the life. 

• Like 1

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Most recovering addicts with years of clean time have been saved one or more times by Narcan. Today they’re fathers, mothers, sons and daughters leading productive lives and spreading a message of hope and direction to those that are still caught up in the life. 

Yes I know some.

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Did they ever stop going to methadone clinics?

In time some, yes. Some people just need that second chance in life to make it. Does it upset you by trying to help people in need?

Of course. Methadone is rarely used for the life of the patient. Most are off it within 18-24 months. Some 6-12 months. For a few it will be years. 

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

In time some, yes. Some people just need that second chance in life to make it. Does it upset you by trying to help people in need?

90% of those on methadone hate it. They want to come off it as soon as possible. Which sometimes is a mistake. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Of course. Methadone is rarely used for the life of the patient. Most are off it within 18-24 months. Some 6-12 months. For a few it will be years. 

Well, I only know of a few and it is never-ending. 

Drugs have created a never ending cycle.  Demand for many "legal" drugs are way up because of the demand for illegal ones.

Edited by racer254

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Start hanging out with better people. 

Funny, but you are the one carrying narcan nasal spray.....maybe you should hang out with better people.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Funny, but you are the one carrying narcan nasal spray.....maybe you should hang out with better people.

I have no need to hang out with better people. I’m retired and live the life of my choice. 

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Drugs have created a never ending cycle.

Correct, letting people OD won't solve anything.

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

One never knows the full life story, as to how someone got addicted to drugs.

The new generation of opioids are highly addictive.

It’s pretty easy to simply say, well don’t do them in the first place.

Decades ago, friends of mine at a party had coke. In my drunken state I tried it.

God damn what a high. I was in great physical shape already and I thought I was superman, for hours.

Next day the crash was crazy. If I could have got more I probably would have, got back on the dragon.

i have a lot of sympathy for those addicted. I love Satan’s soda more than I should.

Ive done things while drunk that would make Jesus weep, many times. 
My wife forgives me more than she should.

Not proud of it, not making excuses, just solidifies my perspective on addiction.

We need better treatment centres, and laws to force those addicted into them.

That flys against my freedom bone, but sometimes bad things must be done for good reasons.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Does saving them prove to solve anything?

I'm sure everyone of them and their families would easily answer YES.

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

I'm sure everyone of them and their families would easily answer YES.

I picked up a buddy from the airport, did 6 months in Afghanistan.

SOP for my unit. Send a vehicle, lots of buddies and a case of booze. Party on his way home.

Spiralled out of control when he got back.

I’d spend the time and money to make him right.

We owe him that.

• Like 1