Check your account email address ×

the GD Soo...

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Not sure. Haven’t headed out that way yet. waiting on c2c to get here. My friends have been drinking since 830am out there and may have lost a drunken wife under a trailer. 

I think everyone but Bunke and cadarette I had in my top 5 is broke already. I forget if I put Tommy Bauer in there or not

We have no idea what's going on but it's a show guys... add this shit show to your snowmobile bucket list.  WAY more people here than witness the Iron Dog in every piss ant village in Alaska.

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

We have no idea what's going on but it's a show guys... add this shit show to your snowmobile bucket list.  WAY more people here than witness the Iron Dog in every piss ant village in Alaska.

No one gives a shit about this race. There isn’t even any snow there. It’d be more popular if they switched to racing SxS’s. 

16 minutes ago, AK440 said:

No one gives a shit about this race. There isn’t even any snow there. It’d be more popular if they switched to racing SxS’s. 

Get outta here and go  :fishing: Somewheres else.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hayward said:

Get outta here and go  :fishing: Somewheres else.

Ya going start crying? Oval racing is dead. No OEM cares about it except for Polaris. 

6 hours ago, hayward said:

I thought mud by noon?:dunno:

I see no such mud...

It’s staid just under freezing. The track actually held up well. I have seen way worse in the past. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I saw that, also he got hurt and didn’t race

Yeah his team mates were running it. There were a lot of wrecks this year. Zach blew an engine early on as well I herd 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 1

the i500 is basically a massive party for Sault St Marie... with a badass snowmobile race going on at the same time.  you can't get a true appreciation for the race or the speed they're getting on the straights from your television, phone or computer. 

as I stated earlier, add it to your list... worth it.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the i500 is basically a massive party for Sault St Marie... with a badass snowmobile race going on at the same time.  you can't get a true appreciation for the race or the speed they're getting on the straights from your television, phone or computer. 

as I stated earlier, add it to your list... worth it.  :thumbsup:

It’s better with snow as people can spread out more on both sides of the hill vs all stacked up like they were. The track was actually really good as there was no snow. If there would have been a lot of snow on it with the weather we have had, it would have been a different story. 

On 2/3/2024 at 8:06 PM, Palu49 said:

A cat engineer was racing a catalyst there…

Langaas racing ran a Catalyst and then...

On 2/3/2024 at 8:13 PM, Not greg b said:

It blew up. 

has that been confirmed yet, or did the belt drive fail?  

:ashamed:

anyhoo... if you want to get on the box at the GD Soo you better bring a trusty old Procross SX based sled.  congratulations to Gunnar and the old timers.

https://www.arcticinsider.com/cadarette-collision-puts-arctic-cat-on-the-soo-i-500-podium/ 

also... wtf happened to Selby @fortune46x?   did the sled just tip over like most skidoos?

he outlasted Herf... ^_^

On 2/3/2024 at 2:00 PM, AK440 said:

Does that washer fluid induced hangover comment also include the Yamaha team from ALASKA?    I was actually rooting for them and their mislabeled ZR 7000 and @Not greg b met one of their buddies in a bar.  Pretty sure he took a picture of their hauler as well.  Seems they even have local support.  The German omelette was excellent.  

Screenshot_20240205-081012.png