Check your account email address ×

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Are my posts showing on here? Something weird going on again.

Not seeing anything, Do a restart yet?

11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Not seeing anything, Do a restart yet?

I have..seems ok now but my WiFi has been acting weird..anyone an expert of Modem/Routers? I have some questions.. I just bought a new one exactly like the one I'm using now, kinda scared to hook it up, need someone to ask for sure. They are Centurylink.

21 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Some more details would help troubleshoot.

Ok..I have been having issues trying to install my WiFi on 3 different weather stations, 2 were identical WS's and 1 is a different brand name..anyhow the 1  station used to work great, I could see my inside home info when I was away from home, then it stopped working, I figured perhaps it was just old and worn out or?? It was purchased in 2019, anyhow I bought another one same brand & model, it never hooked up to WiFi, so I returned it, now another brand new one which is only a little over a week old, it won't hook to WiFi either so I assumed MAYBE the WiFi I have took a dump and bought another one, same brand, and Model number.  Centurylink C3000Z, and I'm a bit worried if I install it I'm not smart enough to make it work, then what if I try to put the old WiFi back online and it won't work either????? I know the Centurylink technican that was here a couple years ago told me to NEVER push the reset button which I had done back then..the new WiFi says to push and hold the reset button in for at least 40 seconds to aid in the installation along with a couple other tips to install. WHEW!

Edited by XCR1250

Have you always only used the modem/wifi supplied by Centurylink?  Reason I ask is most people would have a wifi router in addition to their cable modem which allows a lot more flexibillity.  The C3000 in a quick search either comes in 2.4 or 2.4 5GHZ.  Your weather station probably requires 2.4 for a longer distance communication.

First thing I would do is power off everything that has power and wifi and turn it back on.  It is possible that two devices are fighting for an IP address.  If that doesn't work, you have to decide how far you want to go.  Resetting your password means fun on every device, the alternative is to connect a new wifi modem only to the router you have and test that way.  IMO this is what I would do, but I run a full distributed network at my house to deal with the near 100 devices that are on it...

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Have you always only used the modem/wifi supplied by Centurylink?  Reason I ask is most people would have a wifi router in addition to their cable modem which allows a lot more flexibillity.  The C3000 in a quick search either comes in 2.4 or 2.4 5GHZ.  Your weather station probably requires 2.4 for a longer distance communication.

First thing I would do is power off everything that has power and wifi and turn it back on.  It is possible that two devices are fighting for an IP address.  If that doesn't work, you have to decide how far you want to go.  Resetting your password means fun on every device, the alternative is to connect a new wifi modem only to the router you have and test that way.  IMO this is what I would do, but I run a full distributed network at my house to deal with the near 100 devices that are on it...

Yes, have always used what Centurylink supplied me, it's both 2.4 and 5GH, I know it's using 2.4 for the Weather Station(s). I only have 1 Modem/Router..haven't attempted to install the new one as I'm worried if it don't install that I may not be able to figure out how to make the old one work..LOL

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yes, have always used what Centurylink supplied me, it's both 2.4 and 5GH, I know it's using 2.4 for the Weather Station(s). I only have 1 Modem/Router..haven't attempted to install the new one as I'm worried if it don't install that I may not be able to figure out how to make the old one work..LOL

Can you just plug your new wifi router into your old wifi router to test the new one? I have been running 2 wifi routers for years.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Can you just plug your new wifi router into your old wifi router to test the new one? I have been running 2 wifi routers for years.

Not sure, how and where would I plug it in? Both are Modem/Routers not just WiFi routers, but Modem too, whatever that means. LOL

Edited by XCR1250

• Platinum Contributing Member

Do you remember Burt , from that tv show soap ( where billy Crystal got his start ) 

This thread reminds me of that Burt thought he was invisible.

I say we start calling Don , Burt

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Not sure, how and where would I plug it in? Both are Modem/Routers not just WiFi routers, but Modem too, whatever that means. LOL

I didn't realize that they were also modems. My modem is just a modem and I have one router plugged into the modem and the other router plugged into the other router

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Do you remember Burt , from that tv show soap ( where billy Crystal got his start ) 

This thread reminds me of that Burt thought he was invisible.

I say we start calling Don , Burt

LOL, I watched a couple of episodes of Soap on YouTube a couple of months ago. That show was a riot :lol: