Check your account email address ×

****2018 Official ATV and SxS picture thread****

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm thinking about renting a Can Am Commander 800 next week for the wife and I to bomb around in next week, your thoughts :bc: 

Thats what I have....you will have a blast. Lots of room in the back for a cooler and whatever else you want to bring. :bc:

11 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Thats what I have....you will have a blast. Lots of room in the back for a cooler and whatever else you want to bring. :bc:

Great!

What is the top end on the 800? And how does it soak up the bumps?

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Great!

What is the top end on the 800? And how does it soak up the bumps?

Its more of a cruiser. If you want something that hauls ass...rent a maverick x3 or a razor 1000...

Just now, Legend said:

A commander will be a fairly rough ride. And loud in the cab. 

Like dave said, look towards a maverick, rzr 900 or 1000, or wildcat. 

I dont find my commander any louder then the others. :dunno:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

I dont find my commander any louder then the others. :dunno:

They are no doubt significantly louder than rzr's especially the 900 and 1000s.  2 of my riding buds have them. I have a 900 rzr 4 seater. 

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

They are no doubt significantly louder than rzr's especially the 900 and 1000s.  2 of my riding buds have them. I have a 900 rzr 4 seater. 

I beg to differ...where is the motor in your 4 seater?

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

I beg to differ...where is the motor in your 4 seater?

out back. 

And the commander engine is in-between the front seats. 

So how can it not be louder? Or hotter? 

Just now, Legend said:

out back

And the commander engine is in-between the front seats. 

So how can it not be louder? Or hotter? 

Exactly...So for you to compare your 4 seater to a commander 2 seater is not a good comparison....i spent the better part of the day riding in my buddies razor 1000 a few weeks back...was just as loud as my commander.....

any one know if the yam 08 rhino had any issues ? thinking on trading one for some work . wife has been busting my balls for a new sxs  for a few yrs after I sold the commander we never used . and about commander being loud mine was a loud pos had a bad howl from day 1 you could not even here the stereo cranked .

job will only cost me like 3g out of pocket If I was charging call it 6700  has under 1000 mi on it they say friend of a friend of a friend deal lol  

Edited by Ez ryder

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

any one know if the yam 08 rhino had any issues ? thinking on trading one for some work . wife has been busting my balls for a new sxs  for a few yrs after I sold the commander we never used . and about commander being loud mine was a loud pos had a bad howl from day 1 you could not even here the stereo cranked .

job will only cost me like 3g out of pocket If I was charging call it 6700  has under 1000 mi on it they say friend of a friend of a friend deal lol  

Sounds like you had a bad rear diff....can ams always had rear diff issues since 2010....they are not shimmed properly from the factory....its an easy fix if you know how to do it.

42 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Sounds like you had a bad rear diff....can ams always had rear diff issues since 2010....they are not shimmed properly from the factory....its an easy fix if you know how to do it.

I got 1st yr for 2 yrs dealer kept pushing off like it was normal so I said ok if this is normal then you will give me what it is worth as mint low mi trade then ha . they did on my outlander loved that thing hated the commander  

Edited by Ez ryder

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The cleanest Rhino out there is only worth 3K. 

really for a 700? I will tell you this after a few trips to the mailbox and poss to town on the trail she will be over it again. it will sit unused for a yr except if I yank it home to mark trail and pull stakes then I will be sick of looking at it and it will be for sale or trade , but if they are worth shit no point guess a yammi is a yammi heavy awful ride but run for ever

On 7/4/2017 at 9:24 AM, FAT DAVE said:

Its more of a cruiser. If you want something that hauls ass...rent a maverick x3 or a razor 1000...

My choices are a Textron Stampede or the Commander, the last time I took the wife out in a SxS we were in a Wildcat which really soaked up the rough very well.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My choices are a Textron Stampede or the Commander, the last time I took the wife out in a SxS we were in a Wildcat which really soaked up the rough very well.

The wildcat is a beast on dry trail...a bit underpowered tho compared to the competition....the stampede is very similar to the commander and actually is rated higher hp then the commander 800...but commander seems to get the power to the ground a little better....i also like the seating position better in the commander....you would be happy in either if you are just cruising....neither are built for speed. :bc:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

The wildcat is a beast on dry trail...a bit underpowered tho compared to the competition....the stampede is very similar to the commander and actually is rated higher hp then the commander 800...but commander seems to get the power to the ground a little better....i also like the seating position better in the commander....you would be happy in either if you are just cruising....neither are built for speed. :bc:

It will be a sight seeing day mostly on trail and some adventures on some goat paths :bc: 

The Commander is closer to where I'm staying so I'll go with that.

• Like 1