Check your account email address ×

****2018 Official ATV and SxS picture thread****

56 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Really? Explain.

Yes really....fox podium way better deal. If you're gonna spend that kind of money....spend it on clutches....can am clutches are subpar.

Stock shocks suck period. You can't use the stock hp with those pos.

I've had stage 1s $999. Huge upgrade! And now Stage 4s. No comparison. 

Put clutches , exhaust , tuners all you want. For trail riding shocks are the biggest upgrade. Stock shocks are scary.

Set of clutches is around $2700 in Canada right now. I paid half that for my stage 4s.

16 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Stock shocks suck period. You can't use the stock hp with those pos.

I've had stage 1s $999. Huge upgrade! And now Stage 4s. No comparison. 

Put clutches , exhaust , tuners all you want. For trail riding shocks are the biggest upgrade. Stock shocks are scary.

Set of clutches is around $2700 in Canada right now. I paid half that for my stage 4s.

:lol: cvtech primary is 600 and stm secondary is 700....even getting a qrs rex x primary with a stm secondary wouldnt be 2700.....

You paid 1000 for all 4 elkas new?

Fox podiums are scary?

I just priced a rev x $1800 & a STM $900. Last month.

It is what it is.

I had a cvtech. Just dumped it last week and bought 2 new takeoff stockers. Mine were worn out. For the fast trail running we do I liked the stock primary better than the cvtech. I feel it's the weight. The stocker weighs way more and has a flyweight effect that I just like. The stocker will cruise right along while I found I was always on the gas with the cvtech.

Yes I got stage 1s for $999, all 4. And I think stage 4s were $1649??? When the big sale was on.

When you say podiums. You mean those $600 ones in the accessory catalog? If so the stage 1s at $999 were way better shock.

Any of you guys plow ice rinks with quads?

My brother lives on a lake and usually has a nice rink. It takes him forever with a shovel and snow blower so I'm letting him use my plow/quad set up this year. 

Will it do it with the standard mud tires? I'd rather not use chains but wondered if those short carbide tipped screws in the paddles would work. Comments? 

49 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I use mine to clean up the driveway, the main is plowed.  So long as there isn't to much snow the traction is fine.  Plow it frequently if you can cause once its overcome forget it.

X2....screws would be a bad idea...we use those for oval racing on ice....they tear the hell out of it....not great for an ice rink imo.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

I just priced a rev x $1800 & a STM $900. Last month.

It is what it is.

I had a cvtech. Just dumped it last week and bought 2 new takeoff stockers. Mine were worn out. For the fast trail running we do I liked the stock primary better than the cvtech. I feel it's the weight. The stocker weighs way more and has a flyweight effect that I just like. The stocker will cruise right along while I found I was always on the gas with the cvtech.

Yes I got stage 1s for $999, all 4. And I think stage 4s were $1649??? When the big sale was on.

When you say podiums. You mean those $600 ones in the accessory catalog? If so the stage 1s at $999 were way better shock.

What wore out out on your cv tech? You dont know how to set up a primary clutch ifyou say stock is better. 

We ride wide open most the time.....stock clutches eat belts...i guess for trail riding the stocks are ok....although the dry trail guys i know the primary and secondary is the 1st thing to go.

I wore out the stock clutches. 

I tried lots of setups. 1015, 1016 & 1017 springs. 2004, 2005 and 2006 weights. Tried every combo. I liked stock clutch best for what we do.

I have 370 hours and 13000kms. We ride fast. Only blew one belt. Gates kevlar on last trip with stock worn out primary. Was hot day. 30c. Was running 100 kmh when she went boom.

Just now, awful knawful said:

I wore out the stock clutches. 

I tried lots of setups. 1015, 1016 & 1017 springs. 2004, 2005 and 2006 weights. Tried every combo. I liked stock clutch best for what we do.

I have 370 hours and 13000kms. We ride fast. Only blew one belt. Gates kevlar on last trip with stock worn out primary. Was hot day. 30c. Was running 100 kmh when she went boom.

So youre no way running as hard as we are....we are on the rev limiter on most runs....my belts last a season easily....trail riding is easy on equipment.

Just now, awful knawful said:

I put stock belt back on  5000+ kms on that one. Rail beds, logging roads and trails. No belt issues till stocker wore out.

Cvtech was noisy as hell too.

So easy riding.

Can am stocker is known for its noise....its called the can am clunk. :lol:

20 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Whatever you say. We don't mud bog. Stock clutch is way quieter than cvtech.

Can am clunk is from the helix in the secondary.

What's your hours/ kms?

I have no idea the hrs or the kms on my sxs or my quad.

Why does the noise go away when you change stock primary and leave stock secondary? :lol:

I have a cv tech on my sxs and stock secondary....way quieter then stock.

8 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

QSC & stm. Clunk is still there with stock secondary. Where is the clunk in Stock primary?

You should go check your hours and kms. Maybe your not as fast as you think. Modded bike with stock shocks will not even try and keep up in the rough. No contest.

My shocks are better then your elkas. :lol:

you dont even have remote reservoirs. 

I didnt say i ride fast..you did. 

No clunk on my commander with stock secondary and cv tech primary.