****2018 Official ATV and SxS picture thread****

Just now, xcr700 said:

That you can buy a brand new atv all done up for mud already.  They had the mud pros at chudds when I was working there, but who buys an ac atv?  

Good question

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I just found it odd as the engines are identical..could be the ecm or fuel pressure, dunno.

Ya who knows....or its a typo...in one sentence they say the 1000 has 90+ hp and then just down from it it says 88hp. Lol

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

I remember when I worked for chudds ,the techs told me the poo 850 I bought had the same or more hp than the 1000 thundercat toilet :lol:

Ya i think the most a t cat was was 68 at the crank.

10 hours ago, xcr700 said:

I remember when I worked for chudds ,the techs told me the poo 850 I bought had the same or more hp than the 1000 thundercat toilet :lol:

My 850 was 78HP according to Polaris, it was a good wheeler, zero problems with it.

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

My 850 was 78HP according to Polaris, it was a good wheeler, zero problems with it.

Out here the 850s and 1000s cant keep front driveshafts front diffs and axles in them without going to aftermarket parts.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Out here the 850s and 1000s cant keep front driveshafts front diffs and axles in them without going to aftermarket parts.

I had to replace u-joints on my wifes 800 after many 1000's of miles, normal maintenance I figured.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I had to replace u-joints on my wifes 800 after many 1000's of miles, normal maintenance I figured.

Yes but youre running stockish tires are you not?

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

It actually didn't like starting in -30c . Even with a boost.  I like my old 500 with the recoil backup 

That seems to be the limit for all the machines ive had....i take the battery out overnight when were at the cabin in the winter .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

Yes but youre running stockish tires are you not?

I always have run stock tires, however if I keep any of my long enough this time I'll probably use a more highway tread tire as they last much longer when driven on pavement, been seeing so many now who are going that route and claim that hold up many times longer.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I always have run stock tires, however if I keep any of my long enough this time I'll probably use a more highway tread tire as they last much longer when driven on pavement, been seeing so many now who are going that route and claim that hold up many times longer.

That is why you havent seen many issues...Stock polaris front ends dont hold up well to larger mud tires. Can Ams weak spot are rear diffs...they are not shimmed right from the factory and wear out quickly.