Check your account email address ×

Canadian police warn that posting videos of alleged package thieves could be ‘violation' of their privacy

• Platinum Contributing Member

I've heard it all now.   :lmao:  Canada...where only the rights of criminals matter.  

https://www.foxnews.com/media/canadian-police-warn-posting-videos-alleged-package-thieves-violation-privacy

'You cannot post the images yourself because you have to remember, in Canada, we have a presumption of innocence,' the police officer warned

Police in the Canadian province of Quebec warned citizens against posting surveillance footage of their packages being stolen because it could violate the "private life" of the alleged thieves. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Well in theory you are not posting the vid of a theif , they dont become one untill convicted.

Well crimestoppers do that all the time for suspects, they are not guilty at that time.

Commie Canada, 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Well in theory you are not posting the vid of a theif , they dont become one untill convicted.

Freedom of speech....If the person stealing shit on video is upset then let them sue for slander and see if they win. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Freedom of speech....If the person stealing shit on video is upset then let them sue for slander and see if they win. 

Guy here had his house robbed and called out the people on fb, and they responded and said sorry lmao 

I heard that. They should be thankful I don't shoot them, on my fucking porch.

Think that's bad?

Read below. 

Police chief defends the charge because it's the law. Change the fucking law.

Guy came in with a weapon. Should have been able to plug him in the store.

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/news/crime/peterborough-store-clerk-charged-with-assault-after-allegedly-beating-would-be-robber-with-the-latters/article_67696b7a-a839-5757-b92c-ef34f608ca26.html

The cop needs to go to actual law school, not police collage.

It would never fly in court.

There is no right to privacy virtually anywhere but in your own home, and the liable laws here are a fucking joke.

10 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

The cop needs to go to actual law school, not police collage.

It would never fly in court.

There is no right to privacy virtually anywhere but in your own home, and the liable laws here are a fucking joke.

I think you need to open your eyes and see what's happening in your own country.

Show me a case where the posting of video of a theft,  similar to this has led to a finding of liable, or a trial, let alone conviction.

Please, I'd be very interested to be found wrong.

The cop IMO is spouting idle threats, which they do all the time.

It's highly effective on the frightened and ill-informed. 

Edited by Voodoo

3 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Show me a case where the posting of video of a theft,  similar to this has led to a finding of liable, or a trial, let alone conviction.

The cop IMO is spouting idle threats. 

Did you ever think they would should down peoples bank accounts for protesting against the government.

Wake the fuck up.

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Did you ever think they would should down peoples bank accounts for protesting against the government.

Wake the fuck up.

I did not, but many, myself included didn't realize what a  completely detestable weasel Trudeau was either.

I underestimated him. Not again.

Can't seem to control the pro hamas animals, but farmers, truckers and patriots.......hold my chardonnay 

Edited by Voodoo

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

The cop IMO is spouting idle threats, which they do all the time.

It's highly effective on the frightened and ill-informed. 

:goodpost:

i removed his name but it's in the local paper. i posted the video on another site , dude tells me he saw the truck . local detective went looking and found him, the truck , sled. the sled comes back after the trial. 

, 39, of Schoharie, NY was arrested by the Greene County Sheriff's Office at 9:59 a.m. on December 26, 2023 and charged with two counts of fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony, and two counts of third-degree criminal trespass, a misdemeanor. He was issued an appearance ticket to Catskill Town Court.