Check your account email address ×

Extended forecast for Northeast looks bleak

Just now, Wildboer said:

At least the forecast down here has me netting some OT this morning :dunno:

The local businesses up here need snow bad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

At least the forecast down here has me netting some OT this morning :dunno:

Always on the borderline of snow and rain where I live. When we do get snow here it is often big with a Noreaster. But looks to be mostly rain this time.....maybe an inch or two before changeover. Snowblower will sit again and wasn't running too good anyway....think I have some carb issues with old gas.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

The local businesses up here need snow bad.

Our sales have definitely been down with the lack of snow recently, hopefully this is just a start.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
On 1/6/2024 at 11:05 AM, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Always on the borderline of snow and rain where I live. When we do get snow here it is often big with a Noreaster. But looks to be mostly rain this time.....maybe an inch or two before changeover. Snowblower will sit again and wasn't running too good anyway....think I have some carb issues with old gas.

Ah gotta run em dry for storage. 

Just threw some fresh 93 in my old Girl lol, took about 10 pulls sputted for a little but running good now. Be nice to throw some snow for a change. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4-5” so far here and the roads are a shit show, they’ve got all night to catch up for the morning churchgoers though. Jury’s still out on whether or not I’m getting called in to work a Sunday morning special :lol: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Ah gotta run em dry for storage

Just threw some fresh 93 in my old Girl lol, took about 10 pulls sputted for a little but running good now. Be nice to throw some snow for a change. 

3D697783-3BDC-4D88-8E0C-EC38A9911690.jpeg

Yeah I know...got this one last year from one of my customers on route real cheap.  Never used it yet and always meant to drain the gas but never got around to it:lmao:.   I admit I'm  bad....maintain my sleds about the same way. Shit, rather than messing and cleaning the carb I can get a new carb from Amazon for about 15 bucks.... Just swap it out and I'm good to go I did that on my other snow blower

Might try and fire it up tomorrow a.m. But only a few inches and super wet probably just get clogged in the chute.

34 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

4-5” so far here and the roads are a shit show, they’ve got all night to catch up for the morning churchgoers though. Jury’s still out on whether or not I’m getting called in to work a Sunday morning special :lol: 

Maybe 3 here...just turned to a mix of snow/rain but looking at radar it seems not much left to this storm here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EvilBird said:

just started here in CT :bc:

Hasn't amounted to much as of this morning, maybe 4-5", last night they were saying, 9-15", today 8-12".  I even sat in the hot tub last night when it started, cuz thats the best time to be in one, in a snow storm lol, but it was just spitting.  :bc: 

• Like 3

• Gold Member
Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 7:33 AM, DriftBusta said:

Hasn't amounted to much as of this morning, maybe 4-5", last night they were saying, 9-15", today 8-12".  I even sat in the hot tub last night when it started, cuz thats the best time to be in one, in a snow storm lol, but it was just spitting.  :bc: 

I got at least 7 inches here in Granby , checked it with the tape measure :lmao:

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 5

My buddy got about 13” an hour north of me. Pic is after it settled a bit overnight. His Subaru Crosstrek is buried in the middle of the pic.

Resized_Resized_20240107_070957.jpeg

Edited by Wildboer
  • Like 4

• Gold Member

Kinda a dud here 3.5” still snowing lightly and should the rest of the day. I don’t think we’re getting anywhere near the 12” high prediction probably barely get the low 6” prediction :sad:oh well 

• Sad 2

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I got 8-10" at my house

Get out there and rip up some grass!!!! It might be your only chance the way this winter is going :(

• Like 1

Just now, EvilBird said:

still snowing here too . Sled finally got wet . :fluffy:

F91F508E-200B-4CBD-A574-652947A973DB.jpeg

I knew that I could count on you to rip some up :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Get out there and rip up some grass!!!! It might be your only chance the way this winter is going :(

I don't have a sled!!:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I don't have a sled!!:lol:

I didn't realize that. Are you out of the spot for the time being or looking for a new ride?

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I didn't realize that. Are you out of the spot for the time being or looking for a new ride?

Sold my sled end of last season, looking for a used sled but it's not a priority at the moment, probably take this season off and pick something up going into next season. Planning on moving in the spring, so thinking of looking after I'm done with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Sold my sled end of last season, looking for a used sled but it's not a priority at the moment, probably take this season off and pick something up going into next season. Planning on moving in the spring, so thinking of looking after I'm done with that.

Cool! Are you staying in the same general area?

How's the new job going? Do you miss being on the road?