Check your account email address ×

Biden Admin Sued Over Rule That Mandates Emissions Standards

XCR1250

logo_dark.svg

NEWS 

Biden Admin Sued Over Rule That Mandates Emissions Standards For States

Dec 23, 2023   DailyWire.com
WASHINGTON, DC - DECEMBER 20: U.S. President Joe Biden returns to the White House December 20, 2023 in Washington, DC. President Biden traveled to Milwaukee and gave remarks at the Wisconsin Black Chamber of Commerce earlier in the day.
Credit: Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images.

Twenty-one states, led by Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron, are challenging a new rule from the Biden administration that would mandate that states create emission standards and report back to the federal government on their progress. 

The rule from the Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) would mandate that state departments of transportation come up with goals to reduce CO2 emissions. The Republican attorneys general say that rule is unconstitutional and would harm rural areas where more driving is necessary. 

“President Biden is unconstitutionally ramming his radical climate agenda through administrative agencies that lack Congressional authority to implement such actions,” Cameron said. “We will not stand by while this administration attempts to circumvent the legislative process.”

The rule, which is set to go into effect on January 8, “requires State departments of transportation (State DOT) and metropolitan planning organizations (MPO) to establish declining carbon dioxide (CO2) targets for the GHG measure and report on progress toward the achievement of those targets. The rule does not mandate how low targets must be.”

The FHWA will also be empowered to “assess whether State DOTs have made significant progress toward achieving their targets.”

A  joint complaint was filed on Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky by Cameron and the attorneys general of Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

“Congress has not given FHWA or DOT authority to regulate greenhouse gas emissions,” the complaint says. “Nor can the Agencies compel the States to administer a federal regulatory program or mandate them to further Executive policy wishes absent some other authority to do so — which is lacking as to this rule.”

The complaint challenges President Joe Biden, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, the FHWA, and FHWA Administrator Shailen Bhatt. It says that the rule is unconstitutional and violates the principles of federalism. 

Montana AG Austin Knudsen said the rule was another aspect of the Biden administration’s attempt to implement a “radical green agenda.”

“This rule is another unlawful and overreaching regulation by the Biden Administration to force the President’s radical green agenda onto Americans regardless of the costs,” Montana AG Austin Knudsen said. “This one-size-fits-all approach might work for the Washington, DC bureaucrats who cooked it up, but it won’t work for Montana.”

• Like 1

At this point we just need Trump to come in and reverse every single thing this fucking corrupt retarded pants shitter has done. Absolutely fuck him. Trump should bankrupt Ukraine too and seize the assets of every Ukrainian oligarch who stole our money. 

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, f7ben said:

At this point we just need Trump to come in and reverse every single thing this fucking corrupt retarded pants shitter has done. Absolutely fuck him. Trump should bankrupt Ukraine too and seize the assets of every Ukrainian oligarch who stole our money. 

It isn't just Biden, it's the entire communist, fascist, global warming, Democrat Party and the rest of the useless fucktards associated with them. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It isn't just Biden, it's the entire communist, fascist, global warming, Democrat Party and the rest of the useless fucktards associated with them. 

Yup , just the worst fucking morons alive. I think I finally reached my breaking point with them. They are too fucking stupid and it’s starting to negatively impact my life. Taxes , guns ….fucking gas powered weed wackers. You name it democrats can fuck it up 

• Like 4

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, f7ben said:

That would be epic 

34 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Repugs hate progress.  You know it’s a great  rule when Repug states challenge common sense and the dumbest of the dumb on FSCE are triggered :lol: 

You are not progressives, you are retarded regressives. Climate change is a radical, agenda driven lie and that's a fact. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Repugs hate progress.  You know it’s a great  rule when Repug states challenge common sense and the dumbest of the dumb on FSCE are triggered :lol: 

They hate clean air….how fucked in the head are they?

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

They hate clean air….how fucked in the head are they?

That'd be your party.  Only "cleaning" they care to do is what is politically visible.  If they truly cared there would no longer be any cheap shit here from China as the shipping costs would be too high.  All the dems want their cheap shit though so they pick a political target instead of one that could actually make a difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Deephaven said:

That'd be your party.  Only "cleaning" they care to do is what is politically visible.  If they truly cared there would no longer be any cheap shit here from China as the shipping costs would be too high.  All the dems want their cheap shit though so they pick a political target instead of one that could actually make a difference.

And shouldn’t professional sports be outlawed?

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything I said or is related to my quote, but I could care less what other people spend their money on.  Not my choice.

I mean if they really believed in lowering emissions or that were in a climate emergency 

5 minutes ago, Rod said:

I mean if they really believed in lowering emissions or that were in a climate emergency 

I never said shit about any climate emergency, was responding to his "they hate clean air".  The biggest pollutant to the air is something the dems ignore.

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I never said shit about any climate emergency, was responding to his "they hate clean air".  The biggest pollutant to the air is something the dems ignore.

Man your reading and comprehension is HSR bad. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Your projecting the republicans again.

Just now, Deephaven said:

Not at all.  You made the statement about clean air, yet your party is ignoring the biggest gain for clean air.  

Better check the history books to see who has done a better job cleaning up the environment from the fed down to the local boards.

Its not the republicans

Not the point.  Wrong thing to chase.  You state you are worried about clean air and that your party wants to do something about it and I clarified that is bullshit.  If they did care they would, but it's all about political gain.  I also said nothing about the environment, just commenting on your absurd clean air comment.  Your party sucks at cleaning the air and doesn't care.  If they did, they would actually do something...but they like cheap chinese shit too much making them not care.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Not the point.  Wrong thing to chase.  You state you are worried about clean air and that your party wants to do something about it and I clarified that is bullshit.  If they did care they would, but it's all about political gain.  I also said nothing about the environment, just commenting on your absurd clean air comment.  Your party sucks at cleaning the air and doesn't care.  If they did, they would actually do something...but they like cheap chinese shit too much making them not care.

Then why did every Republican vote against the inflation reduction act? (Now remember it contained huge clean air and environmental incentives)
To think you consider the environment not about clean air is nuts.

The Chinese? 

IMG_1930.png

• Haha 1