BOHICA

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Probably everyone within your circles tbh 

Well if all the voices in your head agree who am I to argue:dunno:

Now go tell everyone in the colony you got a win :bc:

• Gold Member
13 hours ago, toslow said:

How is that new rivian doing on tires?

I swapped some new Nokian winters on month ago.  Also scored a 10,000 mile set of take off wheels and tires that are being delivered tomorrow so I don’t have to break down tires when swapping between winters and summers.  So I got tires for years and many many mile

Edited by BOHICA

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Well if all the voices in your head agree who am I to argue:dunno:

Now go tell everyone in the colony you got a win :bc:

I’m sure you’ll let them know since you’re already there friendo!

25 minutes ago, Rod said:

I’m sure you’ll let them know since you’re already there friendo!

Yes I know I always have a studio apartment rent free in there:bc:

Thanks for telling the entire forum that, very honest of you :lol::owned: again 

29 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I swapped some new Nokian winters on month ago.  Also scored a 10,000 mile set of take off wheels and tires that are being delivered tomorrow so I don’t have to break down tires when swapping between winters and summers.  So I got tires for years and many many mile

Look up the stats on tire life on that machine, you might want to sat down before you google it 

6,000 miles

According to The Drive, some owners have reported their tires were wearing out after as little as 6,000 miles (9,656 km), while less extreme reports detail replacement after around 12,000 miles (19,312 km). Either way, these figures are extremely poor given the average tire can last around 60,000 miles (96,560 km
Edited by toslow
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
24 minutes ago, toslow said:

Look up the stats on tire life on that machine, you might want to sat down before you google it 

Ya stock oem tires have a pretty dismal wear rating and with the power these things make and how fun they are it would be easy to blow through a set of tires in no time.  I would go back with non oem tires with a lot better wear rating vs the stockers  I changed the tesla tires to non oem tires once the stockers wore out at 30k miles and put on a non EV tire…. At 25k miles I’m still above 60% on them so they they will go 60,000 miles without issue and saw no meaningful efficiency loses.  And teslas are another that are suppose to go through tires.  But I put a lot higher rated treadwear tire on it then the stock so tire wear isn’t a concern anymore or a thought on that car.

IMG_3943.thumb.jpeg.e90696aa3ad5c44dda495a07c4688eda.jpeg

if I didn’t have 2 sets of summers I would go with the set of Michelin defender ltx’s that they just released..  50k tread wear warranty.  Either those or Nokian Outpost AT’s.

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
44 minutes ago, toslow said:

I don’t think it’s to do with power but more weight that’s killing the tires 

So hd pickups and semi tires last way longer and are heavier and a lot slower and less exciting to drive.  It’s all about power and it’s use and a piss poor treadwear rating from the factory from my experience.  Set of Michelin LTX’s on a 1 ton pickup that weighs 8000 plus pounds will go a long distance…. They have like a 800 treadwear rating though.

Edited by BOHICA

13 minutes ago, HSR said:

So you own an EV then ???

My daughter’s boyfriend has one and his family have 2. Plus my coworker has a i think he called it a polestar. Said winter tires and rims was like 5grand. But hey mister knowledge How many do you own?

Edited by toslow

36 minutes ago, toslow said:

My daughter’s boyfriend has one and his family have 2. Plus my coworker has a i think he called it a polestar. Said winter tires and rims was like 5grand. But hey mister knowledge How many do you own?

I'm not gay sorry.