Check your account email address ×

Ski doo 850 competition turbo dyno

Rod

1 minute ago, HSR said:

IIRC the boost made 196hp stock on their dyno.

They recently installed a new dyno. Their old one was always 10+ hp higher. They had a stock ctech 800 showing 168hp out of the the box where everyone else was in the mid 150s. It will be interesting to see what the other shops see stock out of it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HSR said:

IIRC the boost made 196hp stock on their dyno.

I used to hang on every word some of these reports had, especially if it was a sled I bought.  I also heard reports that the Boost weren't all that the hype cracked them up to be.  Who knows.  I don't have any dog in the fight.  If you can get a few more hp and keep it reliable out of a 850 2 stroke, I'm all for it.  i just wonder what the real world difference is down on the lake.  A sled length or 2?

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I used to hang on every word some of these reports had, especially if it was a sled I bought.  I also heard reports that the Boost weren't all that the hype cracked them up to be.  Who knows.  I don't have any dog in the fight.  If you can get a few more hp and keep it reliable out of a 850 2 stroke, I'm all for it.  i just wonder what the real world difference is down on the lake.  A sled length or 2?

It's all about the 60'!

:lol:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

Wasn’t the 1000 mock around the same power? 175 ish?

I dunno, seems like lottsa sleds advertising all this hp, but they don't have the top end of the older sleds.  If this Ski Doo won't crack at least 110 mph on good hardpack/ice GPS I would feel like I got ripped off.  Should go 120+ for what they cost.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

i just wonder what the real world difference is down on the lake.  A sled length or 2?

Way more than that unless you're on the pond. My buddy on his new 850 said our other buddy on his boost absolutely destroys him. Not even close anywhere.

My son says his Khaos boost is unbelievable in the deep powder and the mountains. Beat his buddies 850 Doo up so bad it got sold with 400 miles on it for the turbo doo.

14 minutes ago, HSR said:

Way more than that unless you're on the pond. My buddy on his new 850 said our other buddy on his boost absolutely destroys him. Not even close anywhere.

My son says his Khaos boost is unbelievable in the deep powder and the mountains. Beat his buddies 850 Doo up so bad it got sold with 400 miles on it for the turbo doo.

The Khaos is so bad ass

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

A sled length or 2?

It's more than that on the top end.  Father and son I ride with Father has a NA son has a boost.  They're close to about 70 then the boost starts pulling him.  Feels like riding the old triple triples with good top end pull.

My dealer has offered his boost demo to me multiple times.  Thanks but I'll pass because I know what will happen.

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

It's more than that on the top end.  Father and son I ride with Father has a NA son has a boost.  They're close to about 70 then the boost starts pulling him.  Feels like riding the old triple triples with good top end pull.

My dealer has offered his boost demo to me multiple times.  Thanks but I'll pass because I know what will happen.

Do they ride at any elevation?

With a turbo sled obviously elevation plays no part, N/A 5,000ft up you're down significantly with the HP

Just now, f7ben said:

Seriously , what’s the point of all that turbo bullshit when it barely makes any more power than a stock 850?

Hey I'm kinda in the middle here.  I'm so used to the preseason hype I barely pay attention anymore.  Always seems like real world, the hype never seems to amount to much.  You know like a few sled lengths or minor finger walk at top end. Some of these guys are saying otherwise.  Granted my Land barge is a different chassis than my Renegade, but I didn't see a 30 hp difference in claimed HP from my regular turbo vs. a turbo R.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey I'm kinda in the middle here.  I'm so used to the preseason hype I barely pay attention anymore.  Always seems like real world, the hype never seems to amount to much.  You know like a few sled lengths or minor finger walk at top end. Some of these guys are saying otherwise.  Granted my Land barge is a different chassis than my Renegade, but I didn't see a 30 hp difference in claimed HP from my regular turbo vs. a turbo R.

I just don’t see the point of all the cost and complexity in a flat land sled u less they are going to give us a legit 200hp. That seems to be the number where it will give you a smile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Seriously , what’s the point of all that turbo bullshit when it barely makes any more power than a stock 850?

On the bold, riding elevation...

Prolly take well to a good clutch job..

:hdchr:

:lol:

But in all seriousness with any elevation it's going to be noticable better than an N/A motor..

And people will buy anything if it says turbo on it.. so sell sell sell