Check your account email address ×

Question.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

And i would submit that men have been starving other men since 1000 years before capitalism.  

That's true, however, we've never before had the technical capability to feed everyone on the planet.

We do today, and we don't use that ability, which is the point. 

1 minute ago, Im4snow said:

The bottom 10% in America today live better lives than the 1% of 100 years ago.....thanks ultimately to capitalism and the results that it produces.  

To an idealist though, it ain't fair.  

We can credit capitalism with all these great things (that are actually the fruits of labor, not capital) but we never once blame capitalism for all the shitty things it's caused.

Weird...

2 minutes ago, Im4snow said:

The bottom 10% in America today live better lives than the 1% of 100 years ago.....thanks ultimately to capitalism and the results that it produces.  

To an idealist though, it ain't fair.  

Bullshit....that is to innovation. The bottom 10% from 300 years ago lived better than the top 1% from 800 years ago. Dont be a fucking moron. Capitalism did not spurn modern medicine. Nor did it create all of the innovation that exists as a result of government funding. 

Your iphone and your toaster exist because of exploiting slaves to create them. That is not fucking capitalism your retatded piece of shit

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I hate those commercials.  We turn the channel every time they come on.  Not to ignore it...but to stave off hatred for people's blatant stupidity.  But...we digress....

Capitalism......even dogs and cats are suffering the ill effects. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Bullshit....that is to innovation. The bottom 10% from 300 years ago lived better than the top 1% from 800 years ago. Dont be a fucking moron. Capitalism did not spurn modern medicine. Nor did it create all of the innovation that exists as a result of government funding. 

Your iphone and your toaster exist because of exploiting slaves to create them. That is not fucking capitalism your retatded piece of shit

Dude thinks the sun rises and sets in Ayn rand's depends...

• Platinum Contributing Member

None of this lofty rhetoric solves the core issue of getting the food to starving people in a manner that works without violence and bloodshed. Africa is for the most part is  a fucked up continent and you can blame the British, French, Dutch, The United States.....whomever you like but it doesn't solve the issue now.

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

None of this lofty rhetoric solves the core issue of getting the food to starving people in a manner that works without violence and bloodshed. Africa is for the most part is  a fucked up continent and you can blame the British, French, Dutch, The United States.....whomever you like but it doesn't solve the issue now.

No, the only way to solve it now is to slaughter the bourgeoisie and seize the means of production. 

The the thing is with liberals is they like to feel superior based on their "higher morals" and better ideas, but not actually want to do any work to support their better ideas.  Moto has all the answers but wants someone else to do the hard stuff.

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

The world produces enough food to feed everyone on the planet and still have leftovers. 

Why, then, are there still people who are starving? 

The world produces enough clean water for everyone yet some people don't have clean water to drink.

The world produces enough lumber for everyone to have a house yet some people live in mud huts.

The world produces enough electricity for everyone to have lights yet some live in complete darkness.

The world produces enough automobiles for everyone to have a couple yet some people have to walk to work.

Why is it that some people never reach their full potential.  

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No, the only way to solve it now is to slaughter the bourgeoisie and seize the means of production. 

And the African Warlords will still slit your throat.

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

The the thing is with liberals is they like to feel superior based on their "higher morals" and better ideas, but not actually want to do any work to support their better ideas.  Moto has all the answers but wants someone else to do the hard stuff.

Ooooof.  Did you just call Moto a liberal?  That's what it sounded like.  One:  that's just mean.  Two:  now he has to kill you for it. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I want all of us to 'do the hard stuff' because we care about our fellow man.

Instead we have vested ourselves in the idea that people have to starve in order for us to feel better about ourselves. Need to have someone to look down upon. 

It's a weird social behavior.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Instead we have vested ourselves in the idea that people have to starve in order for us to feel better about ourselves. Need to have someone to look down upon. 

Holy Fuck you are off the rails.

Nah, I'm dead fucking on. 

How many times have you seen the justification "hey, at least you don't live in Somalia"?

That's it....that means I want them to starve and I look down on them? Weaker than fuck.

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Is that why all you do is sit around in your gitch and smoke reefer? Way to change the world there bud 

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

That's it....that means I want them to starve and I look down on them? Weaker than fuck.

No, the subtext is 'shut up about that, because you have it better than him'

No, the subtext is 'shut up about that, because you have it better than him'

Oh fuck I remember saying to my daughter that there are starving kids in Africa so finish your dinner.....what is your analysis of that? 

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Is that why all you do is sit around in your gitch and smoke reefer? Way to change the world there bud 

I know, starving people should just marry into families with large farms. It's not our fault they are stupid. 

• Like 1

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Oh fuck I remember saying to my daughter that there are starving kids in Africa so finish your dinner.....what is your analysis of that? 

That's  why we so readily accept gaslighting like this. We've been taught to be grateful for what we have and not be wasteful, which isn't a bad thing at all, in and of itself. 

However, making an obstinate kid finish their dinner is worlds apart from making a worker accept shit wages or dangerous working conditions.

But so many fail to see that difference, and capitalists use this failure to gaslight workers into thinking they're crazy to think they deserve better wages or decent working conditions.

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Some of the responses here demonstrate exactly why capitalism is a disease infecting the entire human race. 

If you don't give away 100% of your fucking weed, shoot yourself in the head.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I know, starving people should just marry into families with large farms. It's not our fault they are stupid. 

Is that what you did?