Check your account email address ×

A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Wow they have voice activated, GoPro now?  

I have the first generation, haven't used it in many years.  Didn't know that either.

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Standard equipment since 2016.

As a goof I attached mine to the shovel one evening facing the blade, then walked around the yard and picked up dog shit... Because everyone was doing GoPro 'stuff', but not that.

Wonder if I can get the footage off the old laptop in the garage?

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Lol, doesn't even look drunk.

You need a yacht to land a fish that big...

or a net without a hole in the bottom.   my favorite part was when he threw the rod and reel in the water. 

:lolz:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The rod and reel was funny, but if the 2nd net didn't break he could have retrieved the rod with the lure and line .

Looks like the fish was already off the line by then.... I'm surprised he even  had a second attempt at that fish with the 2nd net. Must have been fighting for quite awhile and was tuckered out near the surface.

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I have the first generation, haven't used it in many years.  Didn't know that either.

As a goof I attached mine to the shovel one evening facing the blade, then walked around the yard and picked up dog shit... Because everyone was doing GoPro 'stuff', but not that.

Wonder if I can get the footage off the old laptop in the garage?

A couple buddies ran them when they first came out.  Pain in the ass actually, and despite the awesome film quality, they were hard to download, guys would lose their cameras, etc..  I wonder how the voice activation works on a snowmobile or a dirtbike, with all that noise.  My brother and I were up on the Canadian border like 12 or 13, and started to see major moose tracks, like the trail was just mashed down completely.  Zipping along around 30-40 mph, and all of a sudden, 6 monsters come running out of this skidder chute, brother goes to activate his Go Pro, was semi panicked, because he wanted to get the shot and its not often you see that many bulls at once.  He reaches for the camera, and doesn't realize it was already on, so as soon as you see them pop into the frame, he shuts the camera off.  :lol:  AG is threatening to get a drone cam to follow us around this year, that could be cool, as long as you're not spending all day fiddle fucking with cameras and drones.

Here's what I'm preparing for today... taking several largemouth lures and very specific gear to the Bahamas with us.  Will probably donate whatever tackle I have left over at the end of the trip to one of the locals.  If I can land one half the size of this pig I'll be thrilled.

Sea Bassn'... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Here's what I'm preparing for today... taking several largemouth lures and very specific gear to the Bahamas with us.  Will probably donate whatever tackle I have left over at the end of the trip to one of the locals.  If I can land one half the size of this pig I'll be thrilled.

Used to do yearly trips to fish inshore with my bass tackle.  Casting is by far the most fun way to fish.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Used to do yearly trips to fish inshore with my bass tackle.  Casting is by far the most fun way to fish.

Noodlin is fun too!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

you'd probably laugh at what I'm taking for gear... because I am.   but everything is going in a carry on. 

here's one piece... 

https://www.amazon.com/EOW-Portable-Telescopic-Spinning-Collapsible/dp/B0BX5TK3HF/ref=pd_lpo_sccl_2/146-0071667-7530609?pd_rd_w=3Ix6m&content-id=amzn1.sym.116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_p=116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_r=HTPSQN69EFCT582M937C&pd_rd_wg=lHkXh&pd_rd_r=1f426b3e-17f2-4266-a58f-4c70be1ba2cc&pd_rd_i=B0BX8D3GRB&th=1

reels are partially taken apart so they fit in a drybox

4 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Noodlin is fun too!

for rays and sharks?   :roflcrying:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

And Moray Eels!😂🥴

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So yeah, I would laugh.  I have a rod case for checking rods.  Only time I ever check luggage.  Next summer I will come out your way with the ranger.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What kind of lures are you bringing?

16 hours ago, Deephaven said:

So yeah, I would laugh.  I have a rod case for checking rods.  Only time I ever check luggage.  Next summer I will come out your way with the ranger.

this is an exploratory trip and fishing isn't the top priority... fun and relaxation for the wife and daughter is.  if/when we return I'll have a better idea of what to bring next time.   

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

What kind of lures are you bringing?

several colors of Yum Pulse and Christie Craw with offset hooks and belly busters, as well as a few tubes as to not snag on rocks.  some old rapalas and swim baits I don't give a fuck about.  a few live bait, or 'meat' rigs.  then a few jigs for smaller fish around our rental. 

• Thanks 1