Check your account email address ×

Alabama 5-year-old girl dies after being found in home’s laundry hamper: 'Precious and smart'

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ok hopefully I'm wrong but something doesn't smell right here.  5 yo's can be pretty small but this seems strange. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-5-year-old-girl-dies-after-being-found-homes-laundry-hamper-precious-smart

A five-year-old in Alabama was found dead in a laundry hamper, with those close to her describing her as a "precious, smart and inquisitive child," police said.

The Trussville Police Department identified the child as Khloe Teresa Williamson. 

Authorities said that the tragic incident happened just after 6:30 a.m. on Monday, November 13. 

Authorities said that Williamson was found by her family members in a laundry hamper in the family's residence.

The five-year-old was immediately transported to St. Vincent’s East by Trussville Fire and Rescue after she was found.

The Trussville Tribune, a local newspaper, said that officers confirmed that an autopsy revealed no trauma or signs of foul play. Police are awaiting the toxicology report to make a final determination in the case, but say the death appears accidental.

In a statement from Trussville City Schools posted on X, Superintendent Dr. Patrick Martin said the girl was the daughter of a teacher in the school district.

"This student was a precious, smart and inquisitive child whose heartbreaking loss affects us all," Martin said. "This is a very sad and tragic event, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family. We are arranging to have counselors on-site for our students and staff in the wake of this tragedy.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

They’re illegal in new construction here in CT.  Could have been a second floor to the basement, straight down.  Broken neck, who knows?  I can’t even imagine what those parents are going through.

Aren't you thinking of a laundry chute? I don't think that's what the story is talking about but if it is then it would make more sense of her being killed in one.

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Aren't you thinking of a laundry chute? I don't think that's what the story is talking about but if it is then it would make more sense of her being killed in one.

Yeah I thought it was the same, could be wrong.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Tragic. It’s just weird how these stories gain national attention. 

White parents and their neglect. This kind of stuff is only in the privileged areas where they actually have hampers