Check your account email address ×

Anyone remember these tanks?

12 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well I have had just about everything pictured through out the years, green fake quaker pedal bike,  stingray, free spirit, 10spd,..I'm still pedaling and killing it on my Jedi..

p3pb13671500.jpg

That's a cool looking bike. Buddy bought a bike with hydrolic brakes around 15 years ago. Looked something a mountain bike hybrid or something.  Spent 3k:guzzle: 

I was just happy on my 200 dollar CCM ice bike

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well I have had just about everything pictured through out the years, green fake quaker pedal bike,  stingray, free spirit, 10spd,..I'm still pedaling and killing it on my Jedi..

p3pb13671500.jpg

Nice DH bike.  When my uncle was working at Trek, I bought pretty much the top of the line Session.  Holy hell, that was a bike!

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Nice DH bike.  When my uncle was working at Trek, I bought pretty much the top of the line Session.  Holy hell, that was a bike!

Thanks :bc:, I like trek, I had pretty nice Remedy a few years back, was a great trail bike. I am still rocking my Trek Bruiser dj bike, frigging this is so hammered on. 

p3pb12268894.jpg

10 hours ago, Cold War said:

Always got stuck with hand me down bikes. When  I was probably 10 or 11 I worked all summer at a friend's tree farm and bought a brand new Mongoose.   I thought it was the shit.

Yup, cool as hell and the bike to have, until BMX bikes came out.

Yup 1975 or 6 i think it was. the huffy thunder road   first (factory) BMX bike i ever saw.            Image result for huffy thunder road for sale

24 minutes ago, old indy said:

Yup 1975 or 6 i think it was. the huffy thunder road   first (factory) BMX bike i ever saw.            Image result for huffy thunder road for sale

That is bad ass.  Huffy got branded the un-cool bike, once BMX took off.  I think it was after ET came out, everybody was getting these high dollar bikes and you couldn't be on no kmart special Huffy.  

I dig the metal pedals with teeth on them.............The horror!!!!!!!  :lol: 

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There were some tree-huggers trying to ride these out on the sled trails a few years back.  They were walking them.:lol:

I guess the fad didn't last to long.

7815.jpg

The bike shops here sell a bunch of those.  Not sure where people ride them because I never see them on the trails. 

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The bike shops here sell a bunch of those.  Not sure where people ride them because I never see them on the trails. 

They were pitched they could go anywhere even in snow.  I guess the fellows riding them though if the sleds covered varying terrain, then so could they.  Only place I see them is on flat trails.  

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They were pitched they could go anywhere even in snow.  I guess the fellows riding them though if the sleds covered varying terrain, then so could they.  Only place I see them is on flat trails.  

I know people commute with them in the winter in the Twin Cities and I've seen a couple on the plowed bike path here, but that is it.  

12 hours ago, Cold War said:

I had the toy. 

Cheap ass parents would never spring for a bike like that.

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

LOL I remember going to Jc Pennys with them to pick it up .

I don't remember either one of you fucks living at my house when I was a kid :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I had a really cool bike back in the 70's.   Full suspension, heavy and a single speed.   Damn that thing was cool for its time.   

13 hours ago, Cold War said:

That is bad ass.  Huffy got branded the un-cool bike, once BMX took off.  I think it was after ET came out, everybody was getting these high dollar bikes and you couldn't be on no kmart special Huffy.  

I dig the metal pedals with teeth on them.............The horror!!!!!!!  :lol: 

You're right, they did get branded the un cool bike even though they more or less pioneered the trend.   :dunno:        I never went the bmx route, went from a banana seat bike to a 10 speed. But i was doing hare scrambles on a bultaco 175 about the time it caught on in the mid 70s. pretty much dropped peddling once i got a dirt bike.