Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They have already raced, and won on the belt drive. What makes the company $$? Racing, or selling sleds to consumers? I have a hunch you have no fucking clue.

which 2,000 mile race have they competed with the belt drive in?  

:guzzle:

48 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

which 2,000 mile race have they competed with the belt drive in?  

:guzzle:

Put 1500 on a proto, with zero issues. Even if they broke one, way easier to replace than a chain btw.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Put 1500 on a proto, with zero issues. Even if they broke one, way easier to replace than a chain btw.

is that what the marketing team said?

9_9

btw, it's not the belt breaking I'd be concerned with.  ;)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

did they run a slipper... and specifically which 'racers'?  :pc:

They ran the sled race conditions for over 1500 miles. No slipper. It can be googled. I get it. This is a modern sled, not one pushing 15 years old. Above your brain waves and pay grade. Zach for one. 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

They ran the sled race conditions for over 1500 miles. No slipper. It can be googled. I get it. This is a modern sled, not one pushing 15 years old. Above your brain waves and pay grade. Zach for one. 

Zach told you this?  

anchorman-i-dont-believe-you.gif.2fb59572ff4d22d51fffb4208ebf307d.gif

do you understand what other components that could potentially be stressed are in the drivetrain that one might concern themself with aside from the belt when running a belt drive?

why do you think they ran a slipper in the Procross RXC?

do you know what a slipper is yet from the prior conversation regarding the topic?

enlighten me or us with your brilliance Mr. I take my shit to the dealer... :news:

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Iron Dog racers qualify for race discounts. Polaris lists it right on their website. Cat doesn’t have its shit together as usual and doesn’t have faith in the belt drive system for racing. This is why they didn’t make the race sleds a available. That impacted the Iron Dog because Ski-Doo doesn’t offer the support Polaris does and Polaris already maxed out their allocation of race sleds. 

A non-riding keyboard warrior like yourself never had a snowball’s chance in hell to get an RXC. :news:

Qualifying and getting a discounted sled are 2 different things.

Anyone can apply, but as budgets are tightened by Polaris and Cat, the best chance as getting something next year is to buy a year old one or a snow check that someone has backed out on.

It isn't like 300 people apply for 400 race sleds and they build 400 discounted race sleds.  More like a build slot of 150 or 100 XC race sleds is allotted on the line and the race department manager is in change of offering the selected racers a chance to buy their allotment.  

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Zach told you this?  

anchorman-i-dont-believe-you.gif.2fb59572ff4d22d51fffb4208ebf307d.gif

do you understand what other components that could potentially be stressed are in the drivetrain that one might concern themself with aside from the belt when running a belt drive?

why do you think they ran a slipper in the Procross RXC?

do you know what a slipper is yet from the prior conversation regarding the topic?

enlighten me or us with your brilliance Mr. I take my shit to the dealer... :news:

They ran a slipper in the old chain case version because chains dont stretch, they break. The belt drive has been used in racing on cats for many years. Google it.i assume you are older than 7 so you can do this on your own.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

They ran a slipper in the old chain case version because chains dont stretch, they break. The belt drive has been used in racing on cats for many years. Google it.i assume you are older than 7 so you can do this on your own. I dont take my sleds to the dealer. I do my own maintenance, but even if I did, wtf does that even mean? Fuck you are an ignorant person.

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

They ran a slipper in the old chain case version because chains dont stretch, they break. The belt drive has been used in racing on cats for many years. Google it.i assume you are older than 7 so you can do this on your own.

so the belt will break, or what could actually break when shock loading the driveline now?  :news:

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

you suck at this when you're flustered

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so the belt will break, or what could actually break when shock loading the driveline now?  :news:

you suck at this when you're flustered

Pretty confident the only slipper gear Cat used on modern race sleds was the snocross. You suck at googling. As Fox Mulder said, the truth is out there. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Pretty confident the only slipper gear Cat used on modern race sleds was the snocross. You suck at googling. As Fox Mulder said, the truth is out there. 

and as usual you're wrong...

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/arc/62b0c477f7131700850e48ef/chain-case-assembly

why do you think #12 is $454 ?

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Good racers know when to let off in those situations as well. But they ride sleds that you can actually get parts for, unlike yours. Ebay?

I'm not saying I hope parts will get broken, I know something has to give though.  could be drivers, could be the drive shaft end, could be the jack shaft, could be something... and to think they're putting these in the hands of goobers that ride like you... :lol2:   Funny, I just got some parts from Country Cat last week, they must be for the wrong sled.   you wanna run your Catalyst against the old ebay 500 special this year, or did you come up with a new lame excuse?  

• Like 1

and as usual you're wrong...

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/arc/62b0c477f7131700850e48ef/chain-case-assembly

why do you think #12 is $454 ?

I'm not saying I hope parts will get broken, I know something has to give though.  could be drivers, could be the drive shaft end, could be the jack shaft, could be something... and to think they're putting these in the hands of goobers that ride like you... :lol2:   Funny, I just got some parts from Country Cat last week, they must be for the wrong sled.   you wanna run your Catalyst against the old ebay 500 special this year, or did you come up with a new lame excuse?  

You are all talk. I will trust those in the know over a guy whose life revolves on trying to be smart in a sled website. Fucking pathetic. See you are getting called out by others as well. I love it! 

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You are all talk. I will trust those in the know over a guy whose life revolves on trying to be smart in a sled website. Fucking pathetic. See you are getting called out by others as well. I love it! 

how about the Mt Zion race, in the old fuckers class?  that should give you ample time to break-in your belt drive.  :news:

called out?  by whom?  :lol2:

cor24.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how about the Mt Zion race, in the old fuckers class?  that should give you ample time to break-in your belt drive.  :news:

called out?  by whom?  :lol2:

cor24.png

Some one else who finds you unlikable. I trail ride, in trails. I follow the laws and belong to every club that I ride their trails. I'm not some one like you that thinks they own the trails. At 56 years old, be my guest and over ride. The world will be better off WHEN the accident happens. Came across enough of you idiots the last 5 years alone.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Some one else who finds you unlikable. I trail ride, in trails. I follow the laws and belong to every club that I ride their trails. I'm not some one like you that thinks they own the trails. At 56 years old, be my guest and over ride. The world will be better off WHEN the accident happens. Came across enough of you idiots the last 5 years alone.

holy fuck are you a special kind of stupid... :roflcrying:

holy fuck are you a special kind of stupid... :roflcrying:

No. But you sure are. Has there ever been a post on here that a shallow fuck that you are, did not start? Something strong tells me not a chance.

17 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Qualifying and getting a discounted sled are 2 different things.

Anyone can apply, but as budgets are tightened by Polaris and Cat, the best chance as getting something next year is to buy a year old one or a snow check that someone has backed out on.

It isn't like 300 people apply for 400 race sleds and they build 400 discounted race sleds.  More like a build slot of 150 or 100 XC race sleds is allotted on the line and the race department manager is in change of offering the selected racers a chance to buy their allotment.  

Do you know a round about of how many people generally apply for a sled? I have a feeling it’s either way more or way less than people would think.

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Do you know a round about of how many people generally apply for a sled? I have a feeling it’s either way more or way less than people would think.

They have way fewer people applying than they used to. The OEM’s end up selling the extra sleds for a $1 each to the big teams in MN for a tax write off and to save on shipping costs. The big teams end up selling those sleds at the end of the season. 

8 hours ago, Palu49 said:

After 2+ years of purging people from the Cat program, I don't know.  I'm thinking it is under 200 for the RXC.  Was maybe 200-300 before the purges?

5 hours ago, AK440 said:

They have way fewer people applying than they used to. The OEM’s end up selling the extra sleds for a $1 each to the big teams in MN for a tax write off and to save on shipping costs. The big teams end up selling those sleds at the end of the season. 

The only team(s) that I know got sleds for free (or $1) were Polaris sno-x teams. 

Doo and Cat would give you a PG&A budget.  Polaris would give their big teams a free sled (or sleds) to sell for their PG&A budget.  

I know that has miffed some Polaris racers in the past.  

• Like 2

On 10/28/2023 at 4:30 PM, AK440 said:

Iron Dog racers qualify for race discounts. Polaris lists it right on their website. Cat doesn’t have its shit together as usual and doesn’t have faith in the belt drive system for racing. This is why they didn’t make the race sleds a available. That impacted the Iron Dog because Ski-Doo doesn’t offer the support Polaris does and Polaris already maxed out their allocation of race sleds. 

A non-riding keyboard warrior like yourself never had a snowball’s chance in hell to get an RXC. :news:

On 10/28/2023 at 4:35 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

not this year from Cat Chuckie... same with @Palu49 and probably @racinfarmer

let's see precisely what kind of jalopy you're riding this winter... go take a picture of it with a shoe hanging on the left handlebar end and a gallon of white milk on the seat... or washer fluid if you have any left.  

:)

He doesn't have any left.  Said he drank it all.

As for the iron dog racers not getting allocation. No shit.  No one including cat cares about the iron dog 

• Haha 1