Check your account email address ×

The Republican case against Biden takes a body blow ... from Fox News

Mainecat

The Republican case against Biden takes a body blow ... from Fox News

There are two central arguments in the Republican effort to impeach President Biden, neither validated. 

The first is that Joe Biden benefited financially from his son Hunter’s business efforts — that Hunter Biden’s leveraging of his last name to generate consulting contracts trickled up to his father. Investigations by House Republicans, particularly the Oversight Committee led by Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) have failed to show any such connection, despite months of looking. Instead, this assertion relies on insinuations about Joe Biden making phone calls to his son — and depends on ignoring exculpatory evidence from Hunter Biden’s former business partner. 

The other central attack on the president involves Hunter Biden’s work for the Ukrainian energy company Burisma. This relationship was adjudicated robustly during the first impeachment of President Donald Trump, a probe that centered on Trump’s desire to have the new Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, announce an investigation into the Bidens before the 2020 election. 

Trump world’s belief that Joe Biden had sought the ouster of Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Viktor Shokin, to benefit Burisma and Hunter Biden was debunked in 2019. Perhaps in part because Fox News did its best to ignore the evidence in that impeachment inquiry, claims about the now-president trying to get Shokin fired back in 2015 and 2016 have been elevated again as though they retain validity. 
They don’t — as Fox News unintentionally made clear over the weekend. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-republican-case-against-biden-takes-a-body-blow-from-fox-news/ar-AA1heUW3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e5d1c9ab1e5c4a8aa6e2c59ed8d8555c&ei=113 
Edited by Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well we heard Biden's own words of getting the prosecutor fired or you're not getting the money.....Quid Pro Quo Joe.

With that being said, I hope he is not impeached or at least not removed from office..........The Goat 🐐 has an easy election win in his pocket with Biden in office.  No need to rock the boat.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Newsome as a the VP would be a shoe in.

Joe Biden is a vegetable. He won’t be on the ballot in 2024. If you can’t see what’s plainly in front of your face, you’re beyond help. Biden is incapable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Joe Biden is a vegetable. He won’t be on the ballot in 2024. If you can’t see what’s plainly in front of your face, you’re beyond help. Biden is incapable. 

Maybe so but his swamp is better.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Maybe so but his swamp is better.

See. That wasn’t too hard to admit. Newsom’s voting record has been surprisingly moderate since 2021. He’s been pissing in the progressive’s pool for 2 years and they’re not liking it. Much of what he’s up against in California is the courts. I’m not a fan of his, but he’s not the progressive MAGA makes him out to be. Between Biden and Trump…he actually appears normal….and young. 

On 9/6/2023 at 4:06 PM, spin_dry said:

Newsom would destroy trump. Then he’d spread the ridiculous poison that has killed off California business across the country. Biden and trump are both stupid. Newsom is smart. And there’s the danger. 

On 9/6/2023 at 5:49 PM, spin_dry said:

Newsom makes trump look old and feeble. He’s young, handsome, and full of energy. He’s got the charisma factor. He’s also smart. He’d picked apart Hanity in the same way he’d destroy Trump. Unfortunately he’s a snake. 

On 9/6/2023 at 6:21 PM, spin_dry said:

Newsom scares the fuck out of me. He’s too good. 

On 9/6/2023 at 9:58 PM, spin_dry said:

One certainly can’t blame everything going on in California on Newsom. Much of the decline has been caused by local progressive governments and a quickly declining flow of goods and cash now that China is in full decline. Of all the states, California made bank on china’s monumental rise as an economic power. Why do you think politicians from California favored and protected China so much? I think Newsom is much more of a moderate and less of a progressive. But the truth of this is uncertain because of his slimy tendency to be more concerned about his brand than he is governing. He’s an expert at creating an image of likability and believability. Of all the current politicians, he is by far the most manipulative. 

56 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

See. That wasn’t too hard to admit. Newsom’s voting record has been surprisingly moderate since 2021. He’s been pissing in the progressive’s pool for 2 years and they’re not liking it. Much of what he’s up against in California is the courts. I’m not a fan of his, but he’s not the progressive MAGA makes him out to be. Between Biden and Trump…he actually appears normal….and young. 

Good god you are full of shit.😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Your not a fan of anyone. That’s your problem.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Joe's going to retire after the GOP gets done with there impeachment Inquiry and endorse Newsom..

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

This is the GOP version of russiagate. Make accusations and pretend they’ve been proven. Sit back and watch the gullible shills pick up the ball and run with it. 

Did Hunter and the entire family get millions of dollars?

Did Biden get on 24 business calls with Hunter?

Did Biden have dinner with these partners?

How did hunter come to own his Porsche? 

To say this is Russia gate is completely irresponsible. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The guy is a first class tit sucker.  He wants more handouts.

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

You’ll be eating the crumbs out of the people’s asses that’s convinced you of all that. Just like I told the russiagate worshippers. I am surrounded by fools. 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Your not a fan of anyone. That’s your problem.

That is correct. They’re all full of shit and have no intentions of doing right for America. I’m just sitting back and watching the miserable shills fight it out here. 

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You’ll be eating the crumbs out of the people’s asses that’s convinced you of all that. Just like I told the russiagate worshippers. I am surrounded by fools. 

Those were facts...sorry you choose not to participate in reality.