Check your account email address ×

Trump vows to end ‘madness’ of EV push

XCR1250

16 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Taxes aren't the problem.  Stupid fucking spending is requiring said taxes.  Fix the spending and the taxing becomes easier.  Ridiculous over sized useless government needs to be reduced.

I think thats what I said.  :bc: 

And Trump GREW that government and associated spending by nearly a trillion dollars.  He promised the opposite and yet spent like a libtard.  And yes, some was Covid but it grew like crazy pre-Covid under his time in office as well.  More failed campaign promises.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

So get rid of individual income tax since they are already “paying” corporate taxes anyways.  That is double taxation…. Without individual income tax, individuals would have more money in their pocket to pay Corp taxes if they choose to buy from the Corp.  largest consumers would pay the most which is the way it should be.

I'm not a believer in taxing consumption and corp taxes are taxing consumption.  

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

The average citizen loses more than half their income to various taxes.  All it has accomplished is an unsustainable cost and size of government.  Federal and state taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, gas taxes, utility taxes, the list goes on.  My truck went down in value last year, my property tax on it went up.  Yeah that makes sense.  Government is too big and costs too much. Very few politicians admit this, Trump did.

:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Deephaven said:

So you don't want to level the playing field but artificially subsidize everything made here.

Letting a company or person keep what's earned is not a subsidy.  :bc:

Listen I'm all for a significantly free trade system however there must be a balance when it comes to labor and regs that the US has where other countries don't.  I'm not naïve to think we can make everything here ourselves but we must make efforts to level the playing field.   

You aren't levelling the playing field but subsidizing local products with your approach.  This means that if in the free market something much better was available elsewhere for way less you would artificially inflate that in order to allow local companies to compete.  The economy is a world economy.  If we are too lazy to build goods that people want to buy than they shouldn't be sold.  The stupid subsidies encouraging people to buy electric cars is idiotic. 

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

And Trump GREW that government and associated spending by nearly a trillion dollars.  He promised the opposite and yet spent like a libtard.  And yes, some was Covid but it grew like crazy pre-Covid under his time in office as well.  More failed campaign promises.

He still had to get it through congress and we all know what that means, pork.  He said that he would NOT approve any more budgets like that first one.  You can call it broken campaign promises.  I'd call it not making that mistake twice, given what he now knows about that town.