Meme thread

SSFB

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Shifty said:

IMG_9135.jpeg

Ain’t that the truth.  I was at my in laws a couple years back. My FIL is bitching about this kid running up and down the street on his bike.  are you fucking serious????!!!!   Like we used to do all the time when we were kids.  Smh. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Ain’t that the truth.  I was at my in laws a couple years back. My FIL is bitching about this kid running up and down the street on his bike.  are you fucking serious????!!!!   Like we used to do all the time when we were kids.  Smh. 

I was lucky. I grew up in town, but with a big field right behind my house, owned by the neighbors,these neighbors were elderly,the husband was a decorated world war one vet, and his wife was a teacher who the local elementary school was named after.  they loved the neighborhood kids riding and playing in their field and they would sit on their porch or in their kitchen window all day long watching us. The cops would come all the time, and Mr. Lakeway would shuffle right out there and tell them to beat feet. It was great. 

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I was lucky. I grew up in town, but with a big field right behind my house, owned by the neighbors,these neighbors were elderly,the husband was a decorated world war one vet, and his wife was a teacher who the local elementary school was named after.  they loved the neighborhood kids riding and playing in their field and they would sit on their porch or in their kitchen window all day long watching us. The cops would come all the time, and Mr. Lakeway would shuffle right out there and tell them to beat feet. It was great. 

👍👍

It was very rural when we first moved out here. We had trails /fields everywhere to ride.  Now, they are all subdivisions . My daughter wants bikes or quads for her kids.  I told her that shit is over.  Nowhere to ride anymore.  They run up and down the street twice at your place and the police are going to be standing in your driveway. 🙄

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

👍👍

It was very rural when we first moved out here. We had trails /fields everywhere to ride.  Now, they are all subdivisions . My daughter wants bikes or quads for her kids.  I told her that shit is over.  Nowhere to ride anymore.  They run up and down the street twice at your place and the police are going to be standing in your driveway. 🙄

Same where I grew up.  We had hundreds of acres to run around on with mini-bikes, motorcycles, ATV's, snowmobiles, etc, that no one gave a shit about in the late 70's/early 80's.  That was all outlawed in my home town back in 1991 after some of us took advantage of a Halloween Blizzard that dumped 34" or so, and the plows had not been mounted on the plow trucks yet... Like we hurt anything riding sleds where cars couldn't go at the time!  Completely different world in so many areas today, like my dad used to say, PROGRESS!  Moved 15 miles out, and now we are completely surrounded again.

8 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Same where I grew up.  We had hundreds of acres to run around on with mini-bikes, motorcycles, ATV's, snowmobiles, etc, that no one gave a shit about in the late 70's/early 80's.  That was all outlawed in my home town back in 1991 after some of us took advantage of a Halloween Blizzard that dumped 34" or so, and the plows had not been mounted on the plow trucks yet... Like we hurt anything riding sleds where cars couldn't go at the time!  Completely different world in so many areas today, like my dad used to say, PROGRESS!  Moved 15 miles out, and now we are completely surrounded again.

Yup.  Things really started changing in the 90’s .  City people moved here with their city ideas. For years there were trails leading down to the lake through the edge of peoples property on the side of the road easement.  Fences started going up all along the road.  I remember the neighbors walking out to the field with tools to help you get your sled going when I was a kid. We had incident here about 20 years ago.  Some asshole was shooting into the air because kids were riding dirt bikes on the lot next to his house.  He didn’t even own the property! 

Different times, for sure.