Check your account email address ×

The Not So Polite Truth Behind Canada's COLLAPSING Economy!

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wonder why Awful Mouthful is avoiding this thread?🤔

6 hours ago, HSR said:

Maybe he's busy :dunno: is that OK with you? 

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

I'm sorry, when you quoted me I assumed you were. My mistake :bc:

Initially…I wasn’t talking to you initially but keep playing your dopey little games.

• Like 1

Just now, HSR said:

Lighten up :lol:

Video talks about your whole economy being based off of home prices…..which are greatly inflated. I’m not talking downfall of an empire type of downfall. We’re still talking about just Canada :lol: :bc: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Video talks about your whole economy being based off of home prices…..which are greatly inflated. I’m not talking downfall of an empire type of downfall. We’re still talking about just Canada :lol: :bc: 

Videos like that think the entire country revolves around the GTA. It doesn't although the people there think it does too:thumbsup:

49 minutes ago, HSR said:

Could you maybe set your alarm for 9:30ish and reply to any Canada related threads and then go back to sleep? I think it would make some guys happier :lol:

I go to bed at 6am. I was up at 10:30 but my wife had day off so we did some stuff together.

I'm back at work.

Sorry if I'm cranky. 😎

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

I go to bed at 6am. I was up at 10:30 but my wife had day off so we did some stuff together.

I'm back at work.

Sorry if I'm cranky. 😎

I’m finishing my last midnight tonight. Haven’t slept well at all. Last two nights got no nap at work and 16hr shifts. Too much stuff going at home to sleep much. Worked 100 hrs at days job in last 8 days and stuff going at home and side jobs too. Need a break 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So what…doesn’t mean your country isn’t fucked which is the point.

Once we get that stupid cunt out of Ottawa we will be hopefully in better shape.

But these millennials living well beyond their means are their own worse enemy.

It took me 20 years to be in a position to buy a new sled. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I’m finishing my last midnight tonight. Haven’t slept well at all. Last two nights got no nap at work and 16hr shifts. Too much stuff going at home to sleep much. Worked 100 hrs at days job in last 8 days and stuff going at home and side jobs too. Need a break 

Yep shift work isn't for everyone. 

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

I love it though , I work a DuPont swing shift. I get a 9 day stretch off inside every 28 day pattern. Start my 9 days off in about 12 hours. That’s when the real work starts lol , I come here to rest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love it though , I work a DuPont swing shift. I get a 9 day stretch off inside every 28 day pattern. Start my 9 days off in about 12 hours. That’s when the real work starts lol , I come here to rest 

Yeah we work 2 days, 2 nights and 4 days off.

I'm a guy that doesn't stop much always on the go. Work is my downtime. My parents are 73&74 and I'm their first call. I have a garage door to fix tomorrow I've been told.

I also do overtime, I'm over 300 hours so far, and I'm on the ERT (emergency response team) at work now. 

If I can get 5 hours of sleep I'm good. Been doing it for 25 years now, don't think I could go back to days.

I just got home 2 days ago, I'm pulling 14x14 sets of night and days. this run was a night shift rotation.

Off for 6wks going on a vacation

Edited by toslow

33 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I liked the first 20 or so years, but the last 10 years not so  much.

14 hours ago, HSR said:

Economies go up and down Jim. Yes we are in a bad spot but we'll be fine:thumb: I do believe your country is FAR more in debt than mine.

But continue to be the pot calling the kettle black.

Part of which is you haven't needed to build out your military because you rely on the USA....

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Part of which is you haven't needed to build out your military because you rely on the USA....

For protection from who? :lol: holy fucking shit you might actually be fully retarded if you think the US military serves any purpose other than stealing taxpayer wealth at a rate no other program could ever dream of 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

For protection from who? :lol: holy fucking shit you might actually be fully retarded if you think the US military serves any purpose other than stealing taxpayer wealth at a rate no other program could ever dream of 

While I agree our military budget is completely out of control...not just the cost of equipment, but personel is over the top as well....that being said Canada is far down the list of military spending.  Italy spends more for instance. 

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

While I agree our military budget is completely out of control...not just the cost of equipment, but personel is over the top as well....that being said Canada is far down the list of military spending.  Italy spends more for instance. 

So you’re not a peace through strength Repug :snack:

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

So you’re not a peace through strength Repug :snack:

I do believe that our projected power has both benefits and draw backs. I do believe that we haven't been tested since imperial Japan because of our military strength.  But I also believe that the military adventures around the world weaken our moral standing and cause blowback.

speak softly and carry a big stick

57 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I do believe that our projected power has both benefits and draw backs. I do believe that we haven't been tested since imperial Japan because of our military strength.  But I also believe that the military adventures around the world weaken our moral standing and cause blowback.

speak softly and carry a big stick

Nobody who’s carried the big stick throughout history has been able to resist using it for nefarious reasons. There should be no big sticks 

• Like 1

The Nooks in this thread would have a leg to stand on if they paid their fair share and contributed the requisite 2% of GDP towards NATO.

Not only live in our shadow, but can't even pony up the price of admission.

No wonder they hate Trump... he called out their asses for being the freeloaders they are... down with the Czechs and the Slovenians down in the 1.29% range....

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1