Check your account email address ×

Textron moves another clueless avaition guy to lead position at TSV

krom

He is head of a textron group. Those people usually stay around a while unless the very top of the food chain gets pissed and cans them. It’s the heads of the companies that are the revolving door (like president of arctic cat, Jacobsen, ez-go ect). Us at the dealer ship level had about zero interaction with the group CEOs or even know who they were. They wouldn’t even waste their time going to the dealer meetings textron would put on for the dealers. 

48 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

He is head of a textron group. Those people usually stay around a while unless the very top of the food chain gets pissed and cans them. It’s the heads of the companies that are the revolving door (like president of arctic cat, Jacobsen, ez-go ect). Us at the dealer ship level had about zero interaction with the group CEOs or even know who they were. They wouldn’t even waste their time going to the dealer meetings textron would put on for the dealers. 

he is the 4th person in this position since AC was purchased

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, krom said:

he is the 4th person in this position since AC was purchased

Jesus I didn’t think they could get worse. I know they shut down all Jacobsen operations in the US and moved it across the pond to Ipswich a couple years ago. It’s their 9 millionth attempt to stop the money bleed from a mis manage company they can’t sell off. 

30 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Jesus I didn’t think they could get worse. I know they shut down all Jacobsen operations in the US and moved it across the pond to Ipswich a couple years ago. It’s their 9 millionth attempt to stop the money bleed from a mis manage company they can’t sell off. 

John Collins
Scott Ernest
Gunnar Kleveland
Rob Scholl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Premium said:

As you can tell by his list of accomplishments, giving a shit about arctic cat wasn’t even on his radar lol. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

As you can tell by his list of accomplishments, giving a shit about arctic cat wasn’t even on his radar lol. 

Well, they thought about the janitor, then went the correct way.

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

That one new model intro he participated in was embarrassing. Talking about how a grown man like him couldn't handle an adult sled but he liked the blast.

Having said that clowns in these positions typically have nothing to do with product development. I'm sure he made the decision that he would help by being in the presentation.

Edited by Art Vandelay

11 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

That one new model intro he participated in was embarrassing. Talking about how a grown man like him couldn't handle an adult sled but he liked the blast.

Having said that clowns in these positions typically have nothing to do with product development. I'm sure he made the decision that he would help by being in the presentation.

I am sure there was 50 slide power point presentation on it. I am pretty sure textron keeps the power point software in business 

14 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I had no problem with it.

"With 17 years of experience at Textron, Scholl has served in leadership roles across the company, including senior vice president, Global Sales & Flight Operations, vice president, Parts & Programs and vice president, Marketing at Textron Aviation. Prior to joining Textron Aviation in 2012, he served as director of Business Development at Textron’s CWC business and in the Corporate office in Sales & Marketing and Strategy."

Translated:

Scholl has moved positions fast enough that nobody is able to identify his incompetence.

I've seen the same thing happening at almost every company I've worked for.  The only difference between those corporate types getting promoted or fired is how quickly they can avoid taking ownership in their failures.  Companies and brands succeed, not because of them, but in spite of them.

Thus, I don't think this announcement means anything for Arctic Cat.  His most recent job lasted a year, during which time he took credit for things that probably took 5-10 years to put in motion.