Check your account email address ×

Laboratories of Democracy

Well the proof is in the pudding and now we know what works and what doesn't; so why the continued trek down the path of failure?

Laboratories of Democracy

Edited by Mileage Psycho
  • Like 1

Well let's face it, the wealthiest people in the world own all of the major media outlets. They have been spoon feeding us this bullshit for over 30 years. Fact is its a fucking lie. The elite have a vested interest in trying to destroy these growing and robust economies. It's time to tell them to fuck off...

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Weird but guys like Creepr and Sludgey say taxing the wealthy doesn't work and that we are just being manipulated by the left wing media.....hmmmmmmm......:read::read::read:

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Weird but guys like Creepr and Sludgey say taxing the wealthy doesn't work and that we are just being manipulated by the left wing media.....hmmmmmmm......:read::read::read:

who the hell knows.

Trickle down was supposed to let the job creators have more money to create jobs but it seems most of the jobs being created are overseas. 

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

who the hell knows.

Trickle down was supposed to let the job creators have more money to create jobs but it seems most of the jobs being created are overseas. 

Oh I know.....trickle down doesn't work and it's the Creeprs and Sludgeys of the world that are being bamboozled and manipulated.

21 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

who the hell knows.

They aren't being created there, they are being moved there.  

I like Bill, he's funny and makes a lot of good points.  They aren't all valid, but at least they are funny.  

I've got an uncle out in Orange County, where most of my extended family lives, who built a successful electronics manufacturing company in Orange County. At one point in the mid 2000's, he had over 700 employees. This year he's down to around 50 in his office. He now outsources over 2200 jobs in Singapore. In two years he's retiring.  His new owner?  A Singapore based company. And yep....it broke his heart to outsource those jobs and put all those people out of work.  He now makes less money outsourcing but he would have been bankrupt if he hadn't.  Maybe I'll send him this Bill Mahr video so he feels better about it all.  

Oh, he voted for Obama in 2008.  And so did the majority of the rest of my "kin".  They don't really see all this "wealth and prosperity" that Bill is speaking about.  Most are moving out.

hmmmmm.....

Edited by Zambroski

When I was younger I worked for a self made millionaire that made his money in commercial real estate. He was a big believer in the trickle down theory. The business that I worked for was a furniture store that didn't really do much business. In the summer we sold and rented canoes. We were really there just to keep the guy company.  Anyway, when he had a good year in the stock market he reward his four employees with bonuses. 

21 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Oh I know.....trickle down doesn't work and it's the Creeprs and Sludgeys of the world that are being bamboozled and manipulated.

Worked in Canada under our conservative government. We got the richest middle class in the world with it. Oops

2 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Worked in Canada under our conservative government. We got the richest middle class in the world with it. Oops

WGAF....doesn't work here.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

WGAF....doesn't work here.

One good reason is that we are rich in natural resources and have a small population. When commodities are good there is all kinds of work which gives great wages and spin off business. Middle class thrives when big business thrives in this environment. And western Canadians aren't lazy. Many Americans are so very lazy. 

Damn!  Forgot this little tidbit.  They (my family) also said crime is out of control.  Up like 20%????

Bill forgot to mention that when he mentioned all the illegals getting their free voter cards.  I wonder what else is being pushed up?  Healthcare, education, welfare.......but I get it, lots of people making minimum wage works well for the government.  Assuming they pay their 6% in taxes.  Lol!!  Real "core career jobs" too I'm sure.

Edited by Zambroski

19 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Damn!  Forgot this little tidbit.  They (my family) also said crime is out of control.  Up like 20%????

Bill forgot to mention that when he mentioned all the illegals getting their free voter cards.  I wonder what else is being pushed up?  Healthcare, education, welfare.......but I get it, lots of people making minimum wage works well for the government.  Assuming they pay their 6% in taxes.  Lol!!  Real "core career jobs" too I'm sure.

A 30 billion dollar deficit when Arnold left office in January 2011 to an 11 billion dollar surplus today along with strong economic growth is a model for success.

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

A 30 billion dollar deficit when Arnold left office in January 2011 to an 11 billion dollar surplus today along with strong economic growth is a model for success.

Just did some reading up on this.  "Experts" warning of a real risk in doing this and expect surplus monies to dry up fast since so much of it is loaded on the wealthiest in the state.  So, let's see if what they did was sustainable.  If it is, I'm more likely to see a solid variable.  But I see the capital gains tax on everything there will start to "get old" to a lot of people.  Well, the ones with assets anyway.  And it looks like the personal income tax amounts are at a deficit.  HUGE WARNING SIGN.

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just did some reading up on this.  "Experts" warning of a real risk in doing this and expect surplus monies to dry up fast since so much of it is loaded on the wealthiest in the state.  So, let's see if what they did was sustainable.  If it is, I'm more likely to see a solid variable.  But I see the capital gains tax on everything there will start to "get old" to a lot of people.  Well, the ones with assets anyway.  And it looks like the personal income tax amounts are at a deficit.  HUGE WARNING SIGN.

It would be great if we could have a politician running a campaign who laid a plan to raise taxes to be specifically used for wiping out the deficit, imagine the tax cut we could then have just from the reduced interest on the debt, of course what I'm talking about is long term thinking and that does seem to escape most pols who are only interested in winning another term. 

I love how people like to make out like there is this huge complex problem.

You can't spend more than you take in.

You can run to the bank (tax payers) and get a huge loan to create a surplus. But what happens when that runs out?

We all had to curb our spending when the economy crashed. Why don't we demand the same from our government.

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

You can run to the bank (tax payers) and get a huge loan to create a surplus. But what happens when that runs out?

We all had to curb our spending when the economy crashed. Why don't we demand the same from our government.

:bc:

25 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It would be great if we could have a politician running a campaign who laid a plan to raise taxes to be specifically used for wiping out the deficit, imagine the tax cut we could then have just from the reduced interest on the debt, of course what I'm talking about is long term thinking and that does seem to escape most pols who are only interested in winning another term. 

Most voters don't have any idea what the "deficit" means and how it affects them.  So, it doesn't matter to them.  Like Cold War stated...it's really not that difficult (maybe complicated....but not difficult).  Every state organization tightens their belt.  Slash government spending on public welfare and programs.  Increase sales taxes and make the wealthiest more accountable and PRESTO!!!!!   There it is.  Now maintaining it is the project but that's better than trying to keep sinking further in.  SHIT!  Most households fight this and win every year.  STOP FUCKING SPENDING AND EXTRA MONEY STARTS TO SHOW UP!!!  WEIRD!  And we don't have a tax base to tap into.  It'd be like us going to our employer stating..."Yeah, we're wanting to grow our savings so I'm gonna need a few more bucks every week."  JESUS!  

Problem is, these retard talking heads all have a "plan" to save money but not willing to cut any of their constituents flow...it's the other guys that need to make cuts.  :wall:

I said it before in here (I think), the first time government gets "shut down" because the two sides refuse to compromise for the American people...we should storm the fucking capital.  It's like a bunch of kids running the show there.

Edited by Zambroski

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Most voters don't have any idea what the "deficit" means and how it affects them.  So, it doesn't matter to them.  Like Cold War stated...it's really not that difficult (maybe complicated....but not difficult).  Every state organization tightens their belt.  Slash government spending on public welfare and programs.  Increase sales taxes and make the wealthiest more accountable and PRESTO!!!!!   There it is.  Now maintaining it is the project but that's better than trying to keep sinking further in.  SHIT!  Most households fight this and win every year.  STOP FUCKING SPENDING AND EXTRA MONEY STARTS TO SHOW UP!!!  WEIRD!  And we don't have a tax base to tap into.  It'd be like us going to our employer stating..."Yeah, we're wanting to grow our savings so I'm gonna need a few more bucks every week."  JESUS!  

Problem is, these retard talking heads all have a "plan" to save money but not willing to cut any of their constituents flow...it's the other guys that need to make cuts.  :wall:

I said it before in here (I think), the first time government gets "shut down" because the two sides refuse to compromise for the American people...we should storm the fucking capital.  It's like a bunch of kids running the show there.

As soon as a politician gets in that is trying to be fiscally conservative, we have articles complaining about it.  Thats the biggest problem.

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

California went from a 30 billion dollar deficit to a 11 billion dollar surplus in five years, meanwhile Kansas and Louisiana have gone from surplus budgets to deficit budgets in those time frames, and California's economy has grown while Kansas and Louisiana have seen a shrinking economy.

As Maher points out Republicans like to say the states are "Laboratories of Democracy", with that in mind we have a great success in California and we have abject failure in Kansas and Louisiana, so it's obvious that we have a model of success and we have models for failure; since when does it make sense to continually repeat the model for failure when we know what works?

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

California went from a 30 billion dollar deficit to a 11 billion dollar surplus in five years, meanwhile Kansas and Louisiana have gone from surplus budgets to deficit budgets in those time frames, and California's economy has grown while Kansas and Louisiana have seen a shrinking economy.

As Maher points out Republicans like to say the states are "Laboratories of Democracy", with that in mind we have a great success in California and we have abject failure in Kansas and Louisiana, so it's obvious that we have a model of success and we have models for failure; since when does it make sense to continually repeat the model for failure when we know what works?

Why are we in anyway comparing California with Loiusiana and Kansas?  Just stop.  They are unrelatable.  It's like saying "The United States has a GDP much higher than Guam's with a higher work force of white collar workers."

O.o

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

No one wants to talk about Michigan where our governor did the opposite and ended up with a surplus.

You can't lower taxes without cutting spending.

Our former governor put the state in a recession and ran business out of the state, racked up massive debt with tax & spend.

Raising taxes is not a long term solution without out curbing spending.

Edited by Cold War

38 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Comparing different states with vastly different economies and resources then pointing squarely at political ideology as reasoning for successes or failures is completely ridiculous