Check your account email address ×

Best U.S. small towns list includes 5 from Minnesota, western Wisconsin

• Platinum Contributing Member

1,000's of small towns like those in the US.   Neat article but its basically drawn out of a hat. 

I have to laugh at #99 Fairfield, Iowa.   Known statewide as a complete shithole.  Most Iowa rankings put in the top 10 worst places to live. :lol:  When I was 13 I played in the 13-15 yo Babe Ruth Iowa state baseball tournament.   We were housed with families from the community.   We were all warned multiple times to stay completely away from the Maharishi "students."  

Why it’s a great small town: Fairfield was built to honor and follow the teachings of Indian guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. People arrive in town to practice the Transcendental Meditation technique he developed and find that much of the town was built following the architectural principles of the Maharishi.

All the feel-goodness in this town carries over. There are 150 nonprofits and 400 start-up companies here, and the town is attempting to become sustainable in support of the environment.

Fun fact: Transcendental Meditation is practiced at the Maharishi University of Management.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, racer254 said:

I think we all understand why and which way they probably lean.  I bet they are "woke" liberal towns........NOT

Grand Marais most certainly is...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

I was told on FS that a small town has a population under 300 so this study is irrelevant. Sorry but FS members write the rules :ashamed::lol:

Hi. This is Henry. He’s my cousin, and my husband, and my brother….

Just went through warroad MN. It’s basically on the border. Really nice, clean, modern town. It’s a couple miles to the border and the Canadian side of the crossing is just a dump. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Just went through warroad MN. It’s basically on the border. Really nice, clean, modern town. It’s a couple miles to the border and the Canadian side of the crossing is just a dump. 

How’d the trip through MN and WI go?

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, racer254 said:

I think we all understand why and which way they probably lean.  I bet they are "woke" liberal towns........NOT

Have you had time to pull your foot out of your mouth :lmao:  

Self :owned: :lol: