Check your account email address ×

How do we stop evil like this?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oxford-school-shooter-ethan-crumbley-twisted-journal-entries-revealed-court-suffer-just-like-me

I wish to hear the screams of the children as I shoot them," Crumbley wrote in one journal entry. He also expressed the desire to drown children and throw a child "off a cliff."

I don't know the answer, but clearly we need a way to remove people like this from our society before they act. Guns, no guns...it doesn't matter.  This kid was fucked and his parents nor the school system identified him as such. 

2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oxford-school-shooter-ethan-crumbley-twisted-journal-entries-revealed-court-suffer-just-like-me

I wish to hear the screams of the children as I shoot them," Crumbley wrote in one journal entry. He also expressed the desire to drown children and throw a child "off a cliff."

I don't know the answer, but clearly we need a way to remove people like this from our society before they act. Guns, no guns...it doesn't matter.  This kid was fucked and his parents nor the school system identified him as such. 

This is so typical of the total failure of the education system.

• Haha 1

Kid was screaming for help and no one did anything.  Shitty, selfish parents. Everyone cares now because they see him as way to push their agenda.  What is different here from the daily cold blooded juvenile killers is the community, police, courts, want to hold the parents accountable also. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

FFS no it isn’t.

The schools know and don't do a thing.  But now they will engage in conversion therapy against the parents.

Schools have become nothing but an indoctrination centre for the far left.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

The schools know and don't do a thing.  But now they will engage in conversion therapy against the parents.

Doubtful a conversation would’ve helped. Didn’t help the Columbine shooters. They were involved in tons of therapy. He would’ve done what they did, lied to the therapist. 

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Love how you blame the education system but not the parents.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

There was a time where someone like that would typically be in an 'institution'. They were sequestered away there, and could not hurt anyone. 

Downside of that is that they were sometimes abused in those places, and it's like being put in prison before a crime is committed, not an easy thing to justify today. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Love how you blame the education system but not the parents.

giphy.gif

Both to blame.  kid was having severe mental issues and they ignored it. No one is denying that. 
but ultimately the parents failed him miserably.  Do we want to go down this road though?   When and where  does a parents criminal   responsibilities end.  

20 minutes ago, Catalina said:

There was a time where someone like that would typically be in an 'institution'. They were sequestered away there, and could not hurt anyone. 

Downside of that is that they were sometimes abused in those places, and it's like being put in prison before a crime is committed, not an easy thing to justify today. 

As far as I know he had writings that were disturbing but no actual threats to a particular individual or individuals. Even if he did, that’s not a reason enough to lock him away. If it were, several on this site would be in a mental institution. 

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Both to blame.  kid was having severe mental issues and they ignored it. No one is denying that. 
but ultimately the parents failed him miserably.  Do we want to go down this road though?   When and where  does a parents criminal   responsibilities end.  

The school was aware of his internal thoughts? How? The parents? How? You have inside information? 

15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The school was aware of his internal thoughts? How? The parents? How? You have inside information? 

That’s a double edged sword you’re walking into 

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yeah, bro.  It’s been a every day story for over a year  here. I know more than I care to know.  But a brief summary just for you. 
not internal thoughts.  🙄Drawings and writings. Teachers did nothing, principal did nothing. 
Parents thought it was a good idea to buy him a gun to treat his mental illness.  When they heard the reports of the shooting they abandoned their son and ran.  

The negligence on the school was so bad they have been trying to overthrow laws where employees of the school can be held responsible.  
It would be like the kid having a heart attack in class and teachers/ administration said call the parents to come deal with this shit, not my problem.   Any decent human being would of reached out to help this kid and maybe  stopped it .  Garbage people all around. 

Edited by Cold War
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Sadly in todays day and age I don't think you can stop evil like that, too many want to protect people like him or place a label on him or he's just simply misunderstood all the way up to the point when things take a turn for the worst and very bad things happens. Now all the finger pointing and blaming begins as to should have seen or didn't see this coming. Yes some should be or should have been stopped sooner but if no one says or does anything nothing will happen until it's too late. We didn't see, hear or read any of this until this happened, we didn't have the money to get him help, no one took us seriously when we tried getting him help and so on down the line.... You never know who or what lives next door, down the street or in your community.

I don't know and I don't have an answer........ Bad people will find a way to do bad things with or without guns. 

38 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, bro.  It’s been a every day story for over a year  here. I know more than I care to know.  But a brief summary just for you. 
not internal thoughts.  🙄Drawings and writings. Teachers did nothing, principal did nothing. 
Parents thought it was a good idea to buy him a gun to treat his mental illness.  When they heard the reports of the shooting they abandoned their son and ran.  

The negligence on the school was so bad they have been trying to overthrow laws where employees of the school can be held responsible.  
It would be like the kid having a heart attack in class and teachers/ administration said call the parents to come deal with this shit, not my problem.   Any decent human being would have reached out to help this kid and maybe  stopped it .  Garbage people all around. 

Teachers and mental health professionals are mandated reporters. They are required by state and federal law to report suicidal and homicidal ideations. As well as sexual abuse. I had to do all three on many occasions. The reporting is done to law enforcement or the CPS or both. If they knew then they failed and did violate the law. 

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Teachers and mental health professionals are mandated reporters. They are required by state and federal law to report suicidal and homicidal ideations. As well as sexual abuse. I had to do all three on many occasions. The reporting is done to law enforcement or the CPS or both. If they knew then they failed and did violate the law. 

What I have been trying to tell you. They failed this kid and the families of the victims.  In Michigan you are immune to civil responsibility.  The parents have been trying to sue the school system, teachers, principal.  The parents have been in jail since capture after the incident. Without a pot to piss in. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

As far as I know he had writings that were disturbing but no actual threats to a particular individual or individuals. Even if he did, that’s not a reason enough to lock him away. If it were, several on this site would be in a mental institution. 

This site is a mental institution.  Did you not get the memo?

• Thanks 1