Check your account email address ×

This Was A Defining Moment For The Republican Party

This was a defining moment for the republicans like the "Mission Accomplished" one was for Dubya

Source: Huffington Post

It chose tax cuts for millionaires over insurance for millions.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) reportedly delivered a message to his colleagues earlier this week, seeking their support for the American Health Care Act: “This is who we are. This will define us.”

It was one of the more accurate things he’s said in a long time.

The AHCA would expose many millions of Americans, including some of society’s most vulnerable members, to the possibility of crippling medical expenses ― forcing them to choose between financial hardship, medical hardship or both.

At the same time, it would lower taxes on corporations and wealthy Americans, to the tune of $594 billion over 10 years.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/health-care-bill-republican-party_us_590b8052e4b0d5d9049a7ab5?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

• Platinum Contributing Member

Iowa's last insurance carrier for the exchanges just announced they are dropping.   You can't even get Obamacare in a number of states.   How does anyone define that as a successful law? :lol:  

The dems fix for Obamacare is dropping the Medicare age to 55 and increasing who can get on Medicaid.  Their claim is more people are insured so the larger the insurance pool the lower the premiums.   :lol:   Have to laugh at that stupidity considering the vast number of those "newly insured" won't pay a dime.   Well who pays those premiums and deductibles?  

Aetna pulled out of 4 more states this month leaving one or none in a few places for Obamacare.  No I don't think this will hurt the repubs at all much to the confusion of the silly victory chanting Dems in the house. This will be seen as a half hearted repair of a flawed plan not to mention little or nothing of what the house passed will make it through the Senate.

Not sure why we keep messing with this.  LET IT BE!  Let everyone experience the wonderful-ness of Obamacare!  As most states already are.  MN increases are among the highest in the nation...for one of the healthiest states in the nation!

I guess getting it passed in the house only to have it torpedoed by the obstructionist party in the Senate can be used nicely as a type of "we tried...told you so" as Obamacare starts circling the drain. :dunno:

I just don't see it really being presented that way by liberal media.  Most people don't have a clue on the left other than those meanie R's are taking away our insurance!!!!!  RIghties may not fully understand it all either but at least they are on the side of following facts. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure why we keep messing with this.  LET IT BE!  Let everyone experience the wonderful-ness of Obamacare!  As most states already are.  MN increases are among the highest in the nation...for one of the healthiest states in the nation!

I guess getting it passed in the house only to have it torpedoed by the obstructionist party in the Senate can be used nicely as a type of "we tried...told you so" as Obamacare starts circling the drain. :dunno:

I just don't see it really being presented that way by liberal media.  Most people don't have a clue on the left other than those meanie R's are taking away our insurance!!!!!  RIghties may not fully understand it all either but at least they are on the side of following facts. 

Yep, they should let it collapse on itself like its already doing.  Honestly it will anyway because what's passed isn't getting thru the Senate no matter what.   The Senate is more liberal than the house.   Add in the few libertarian Senators like Rand Paul and it don't stand a chance.  

Besides what to do with all the private money already tied up in the HC and HCI industry everybody always avoids the other elephant in the room when the preach UHC.  The cost of care has to be controlled.   That means rationing or telling Dr.'s and Nurses they are no longer free market employees.   Good luck with that.  

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

This was a defining moment for the republicans like the "Mission Accomplished" one was for Dubya

Source: Huffington Post

It chose tax cuts for millionaires over insurance for millions.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) reportedly delivered a message to his colleagues earlier this week, seeking their support for the American Health Care Act: “This is who we are. This will define us.”

It was one of the more accurate things he’s said in a long time.

The AHCA would expose many millions of Americans, including some of society’s most vulnerable members, to the possibility of crippling medical expenses ― forcing them to choose between financial hardship, medical hardship or both.

At the same time, it would lower taxes on corporations and wealthy Americans, to the tune of $594 billion over 10 years.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/health-care-bill-republican-party_us_590b8052e4b0d5d9049a7ab5?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

The House bill is DOA in the Senate, $8 Billion over five years for a high risk pool, it's a joke :lol:  :lol:  

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Iowa's last insurance carrier for the exchanges just announced they are dropping.   You can't even get Obamacare in a number of states.   How does anyone define that as a successful law? :lol:  

The dems fix for Obamacare is dropping the Medicare age to 55 and increasing who can get on Medicaid.  Their claim is more people are insured so the larger the insurance pool the lower the premiums.   :lol:   Have to laugh at that stupidity considering the vast number of those "newly insured" won't pay a dime.   Well who pays those premiums and deductibles?  

Obamacare has been getting settled in pretty good in many states, and yes some states do have issues but it's nothing insurmountable.

The cat is out of the bag regarding healthcare as it's awful hard for a politician to giveth and then taketh, the Senators from many red states that signed up for the the expansion of Medicaid understand this.

The House bill, the American Health Care Act, has raised an array of concerns among Senate Republicans, chiefly among lawmakers from swing states who are opposed to the cap on ObamaCare's Medicaid expansion that would take effect in 2020.

GOP senators are also troubled by analyses that the legislation would significantly cut federal subsidies for people between the ages of 50 and 65, especially in rural areas such as Maine, Montana, Nebraska and North Carolina.

Did I mention that the cat is out of the bag? 

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

The House bill is DOA in the Senate, $8 Billion over five years for a high risk pool, it's a joke :lol:  :lol:  

Obamacare has been getting settled in pretty good in many states, and yes some states do have issues but it's nothing insurmountable.

The cat is out of the bag regarding healthcare as it's awful hard for a politician to giveth and then taketh, the Senators from many red states that signed up for the the expansion of Medicaid understand this.

Did I mention that the cat is out of the bag? 

So what is the fix in the states having issues?   Competition?  I disagree its working well in some states.  Many in those states can't afford the deductibles to begin with.  

I've always said that. (2nd bold)

I agree it won't pass the Senate without major changes.  Those changes will not be acceptable by conservative senators or house members.  Its dead where it sits.  

Just now, Highmark said:

So what is the fix in the states having issues?   Competition?  I disagree its working well in some states.  Many in those states can't afford the deductibles to begin with.  

I agree it won't pass the Senate without major changes.  Those changes will not be acceptable by conservative senators or house members.  Its dead where it sits.  

The people in Kentucky love the ACA, the Senate Majority leader knows this.

The Dems will be showing the republican celebration party at the white house after kicking 24 million off medicare.

The mid terms will kill every republican running.....every fuckin one.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep, they should let it collapse on itself like its already doing.  Honestly it will anyway because what's passed isn't getting thru the Senate no matter what.   The Senate is more liberal than the house.   Add in the few libertarian Senators like Rand Paul and it don't stand a chance.  

Besides what to do with all the private money already tied up in the HC and HCI industry everybody always avoids the other elephant in the room when the preach UHC.  The cost of care has to be controlled.   That means rationing or telling Dr.'s and Nurses they are no longer free market employees.   Good luck with that.  

I'm just trying to see whatever plan there may be.  This is the second go-round on this.  If it fails this time, Don should be able to claim "we tried", and put an arrow into the Dems about it as Americans are rudely awakened to the fact their state has little or no choice in coverage and what they do have is spendy as hell.

I'm for a UHC plan, but know it's probably not gonna happen because that's not the way America has evolved with HC... We have abuser/users, takers and payers.  "Abuser/users" eat as much as they can as many times as they can because they feel it is their right because they pay something for it OR they don't pay anything at all and are gonna use the shit out of it because they can.  The "takers" charge as much as they based on what they've negotiated with whatever carrier and sleep neatly along side them in bed.  The "payers" are the people in the middle that have insurance in case they need it and are treating it like they should.  The are the real ones suffering...and paying for most of it.  But fuck them!  Right?

Only way we have a chance at UHC is to "retrain" (unlikely) or deny (libs up in arms!) care to the system abusers.  Then we can look at cutting costs.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The people in Kentucky love the ACA, the Senate Majority leader knows this.

“A lot of people, they just know they have insurance but they don’t know it’s Obamacare,” said Amber Lewis, 34, who sells guns, Kennedy half dollars, baseball cards and knives every day at a booth at the Bull Creek Trade Center in Prestonburg, Kentucky.

Got to love those Hillbilly's. :lol:  

By the way all 4 Kentucky Reps voted for this bill.  Keep in mind for the most parts the states can keep Obamacare mostly intact if they want.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

“A lot of people, they just know they have insurance but they don’t know it’s Obamacare,” said Amber Lewis, 34, who sells guns, Kennedy half dollars, baseball cards and knives every day at a booth at the Bull Creek Trade Center in Prestonburg, Kentucky.

By the way all 4 Kentucky Reps voted for this bill.  Keep in mind for the most parts the states can keep Obamacare mostly intact if they want.  

:lol:

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm just trying to see whatever plan there may be.  This is the second go-round on this.  If it fails this time, Don should be able to claim "we tried", and put an arrow into the Dems about it as Americans are rudely awakened to the fact their state has little or no choice in coverage and what they do have is spendy as hell.

I'm for a UHC plan, but know it's probably not gonna happen because that's not the way America has evolved with HC... We have abuser/users, takers and payers.  "Abuser/users" eat as much as they can as many times as they can because they feel it is their right because they pay something for it OR they don't pay anything at all and are gonna use the shit out of it because they can.  The "takers" charge as much as they based on what they've negotiated with whatever carrier and sleep neatly along side them in bed.  The "payers" are the people in the middle that have insurance in case they need it and are treating it like they should.  The are the real ones suffering...and paying for most of it.  But fuck them!  Right?

Only way we have a chance at UHC is to "retrain" (unlikely) or deny (libs up in arms!) care to the system abusers.  Then we can look at cutting costs.

The problem with UHC in America is the trillions of dollars in private assets held currently in the HCI.   People can make all the claims they want but that has to be dealt with in some way shape or form.  Whether America goes to a mixed system like Canada where the govt doesn't own HC facilities (yet still controls the costs) or fully owns the whole system (like England) has to be worked out.  I've NEVER seen a reasonable plan to deal with this.   

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Australia has a better healthcare plan then the US

My second largest customer is an Australian Company and I can tell you they disagree.  

Do Republicans have a glowing light on their heads? :lol:

How can you come on here day after day questioning Trumps or anyones   judgement when you have a retard like pelosi leading your party?

Is she even sane?  flailing her arms around, speaking gibberish.   

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

You have to admire an entrepreneur who has such a wide spectrum of products :lol:  

8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Ihc is the fix brah. That or remove the employer mandate and let the free market prevail!

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The Dems will be showing the republican celebration party at the white house after kicking 24 million off medicare.

The mid terms will kill every republican running.....every fuckin one.

The only people who think Obunga care is worth half a sweet fuck are the ones like you who have never had to right the check every month and the layabouts who get it for free