Check your account email address ×

Sell your tools

So if they take away OBD port, do they really think that will stop people from accessing there vehicles data. It's just plain stupid to think that.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to update my sync software in my truck, ford's website said I had the latest update 3.0 xxxxx I knew there have been several updates since 3.0

I took me a couple of hours with the laptop and usb ports, I got it done and while is was in there I made a few more changes/ inhancements.

Added a button to turn on the rear view camera, disabled the vehicle in motion BS.  Now I can surf the internet on the trucks screen, watch video's ect.

Keep up on the current events on this site. Lol

20230622_120531.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

It's already started with the electronics today in vehicles.  My wife's Explorer had a blind spot system fault come up on the dash.  All I could do is tell her to wash the car and hopefully it goes off after awhile.  The light is still on so I asked my local mechanic if that is something he could look at and he won't touch it.  Off to the dealer we go.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

It's already started with the electronics today in vehicles.  My wife's Explorer had a blind spot system fault come up on the dash.  All I could do is tell her to wash the car and hopefully it goes off after awhile.  The light is still on so I asked my local mechanic if that is something he could look at and he won't touch it.  Off to the dealer we go.

I used forscan to shut off the tire monitors in my explorer. Wasn't paying those dolts to replace them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I used forscan to shut off the tire monitors in my explorer. Wasn't paying those dolts to replace them. 

In this case, my wife is driving it so I want all the safety systems to work.  She is under strict instruction to let me know every time a light comes on.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, MnDean said:

So if they take away OBD port, do they really think that will stop people from accessing there vehicles data. It's just plain stupid to think that.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to update my sync software in my truck, ford's website said I had the latest update 3.0 xxxxx I knew there have been several updates since 3.0

I took me a couple of hours with the laptop and usb ports, I got it done and while is was in there I made a few more changes/ inhancements.

Added a button to turn on the rear view camera, disabled the vehicle in motion BS.  Now I can surf the internet on the trucks screen, watch video's ect.

20230622_120531.jpg

You have Forescan obviously?

3 hours ago, MnDean said:

20230622_120531.jpg

Do you know how to take a 6.7 out of idle mode because of a clogged particulate filter and cat?

1 minute ago, MnDean said:

Yes, that is the best free software out there. 

I used it on my 18 SD. But it's not compatible with my 21 for some reason.

1 minute ago, MnDean said:

Might be your OBD link. I use OBDLink EX USB Auto-Switch.

I gave it to a friend who has an 18. I got it originally because I hated the double honk and wanted my lower lights on with my brights.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I gave it to a friend who has an 18. I got it originally because I hated the double honk and wanted my lower lights on with my brights.

I do know it works on a 21, also could be software, I have always updated to the latest versions that are available.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MnDean said:

I do know it works on a 21, also could be software, I have always updated to the latest versions that are available.

I've got a 23 SD ordered, but I think I'm going to be bumped to 24. I haven't seen anyone discussing forescan for 23s yet. It's the same interior as 20 F 150 with a few differences.  

Edited by Steve753

45 minutes ago, MnDean said:

Most manufacturers lag the latest software for diag and programing for 2 years.

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Most smaller independent shops aren’t going to invest the money to buy the adas equipment to perform that job correctly. Only a handful of independent shops around here that’ll do it and recalibrate it. Call around might find one and not have to pay high dealer prices.