Check your account email address ×

The fear and loathing was thick among some of the most wealthy Americans

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao:

A new report from Slate finds the conservative political king-makers

Edited by Highmark

I don’t understand either the EV fanatics or the anti-EV’s. IMO both are fucking insane. Trying to have a conversation with either is pointless. But that’s the state of almost everything these days. Realistically the market is broad enough to support both ICE and EV’s and will for years to come. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t understand either the EV fanatics or the anti-EV’s. IMO both are fucking insane. Trying to have a conversation with either is pointless. But that’s the state of almost everything these days. Realistically the market is broad enough to support both ICE and EV’s and will for years to come. 

Exactly, all of it. It's the "for me or against me mentality" with everything these days. Zero middle ground on any topic.

Just now, HSR said:

Exactly, all of it. It's the "for me or against me mentality" with everything these days. Zero middle ground on any topic.

It’s like we’re moving back into the dark ages. Weird shit. 

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Black or white defines the new stupid.  Plenty of it on here...

• Like 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

It’s like we’re moving back into the dark ages. Weird shit. 

Definitely regressing as of late.

Just now, Deephaven said:

Black or white defines the new stupid.  Plenty of it on here...

Uber amounts

Just now, BOHICA said:

Dealership model of sales is a dinosaur only kept alive by politics

And used cars are to be sold how?  

And let's be real, Tesla only did that to save costs.  It was not at all to be better for the consumer or experience.  Funny in particular now that Tesla basically uses dealerships...

• Like 1

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And used cars are to be sold how?  

And let's be real, Tesla only did that to save costs.  It was not at all to be better for the consumer or experience.  Funny in particular now that Tesla basically uses dealerships...

Craigslist and Facebook market place are the best used cars.  Dealers aren’t really needed or desired by most consumers

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Craigslist and Facebook market place are the best used cars.  Dealers aren’t really needed or desired by most consumers

Most my ass.  You are completely out of touch with reality.  Dealers make nearly no money on new cars so they are kept in business by consumers that don't like them?  Lol.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Most my ass.  You are completely out of touch with reality.  Dealers make nearly no money on new cars so they are kept in business by consumers that don't like them?  Lol.

Yes most…

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/study-americans-feel-taken-advantage-of-at-the-car-dealership-300301866.html

Craigslist is basically dead.

Facebook is not how most people want to shop.  

As for taken advantage of, no shit.  Have you seen their buildings? ...but yet people keep going.  

Either way, the Tesla store IS a dealership so it's rather funny you are making the argument you are.  

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Craigslist is basically dead.

Facebook is not how most people want to shop.  

As for taken advantage of, no shit.  Have you seen their buildings? ...but yet people keep going.  

Either way, the Tesla store IS a dealership so it's rather funny you are making the argument you are.  

So you are good with if a manufacture want to eliminate the middleman(dealership) and open factory stores like Tesla.  Many states dealerships fight such a thing.  In many states Tesla has had some lengthy battles opening dealerships….  Why is that?

Autos would be cheaper for the consumer if they eliminated the middleman.

15 hours ago, BOHICA said:

What a bunch of whiny cry babies!
A convention of misinformation being spewed by the attendees.   What are they so scared of?  

https://jalopnik.com/car-dealers-see-evs-as-a-threat-to-their-immense-power-1850490719

My take is that if the govt continues to harm the auto industry with ridiculous café standards at the same time subsidizing a large cap competitor that sells direct...They should be worried about their future. 

16 hours ago, BOHICA said:

What a bunch of whiny cry babies!
A convention of misinformation being spewed by the attendees.   What are they so scared of?  

https://jalopnik.com/car-dealers-see-evs-as-a-threat-to-their-immense-power-1850490719

Applies to most subjects from your right wing cult :lol: You just happen to care about EV’s. 

29 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Applies to most subjects from your right wing cult :lol: You just happen to care about EV’s. 

Dude you really have a problem with comprehension 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I really have never ran into a anti-EV fanatic that says they shouldn't exist at all.   I have however ran into lots and lots of people that claim the ICE engine should all but be immediately banned.   There might be both groups but I'd hardly say they are equal. 

Kind of reminds me of the whole gender thing....one side says whatever you want to do and the other side says you must conform and we are going to shove it down your throat. 

Edited by Highmark

15 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Dealership model of sales is a dinosaur only kept alive by politics

There will always be some sort of "dealership" model to handle repairs specifically warranty. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Highmark said:

There will always be some sort of "dealership" model to handle repairs specifically warranty. 

Yes.  There will always be repair facilities.