Check your account email address ×

Gun law already exists..

In 1934, Congress passed and President Roosevelt signed the National Firearms Act (NFA), which didn’t outlaw even one single gun. Instead, it put a tax on automatic weapons, sawed-off shotguns, and a variety of other weapons of war. That’s all it took to stop the slaughter...None of the weapons listed in the NFA are “illegal.” But they are under control...To be eligible to pay the tax, you must first acquire a Federal Firearms License...Step one is to fill out an application with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, which you can find here. You pay a fee that can range from $30 to $3000 (most are $200 for fully automatic weapons, a number that hasn’t changed since 1934), provide a photo, and submit your fingerprints...After you’ve been checked out, you’ll be called in for an in-person interview with an ATF Industry Operations Investigator, who will vet you for ownership of your very own fully automatic machine gun...There were no gun buy-back programs back in the 1930s, and nobody went door-to-door confiscating guns....But once everybody understood that it was illegal to sell or possess an automatic or sawed-off weapon of war without first getting a license and paying the tax, they simply started to disappear from the American scene (outside of licensed shooting ranges like today). 

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/national-firearms-act

Edited by Mainecat

The founding fathers are rolling in their graves watching America twist their words from the 1700's to claim a right to kill fellow citizens. It's almost as bad as people clinging to the bible because it works for their personal beliefs. Until Americans can ALL admit there is a gun problem not a mental health problem nothing will change. Every Country in the world has people with serious mental issues. America takes it to a whole other level. Why is that?? Muh rights!!!! 

14 minutes ago, HSR said:

The founding fathers are rolling in their graves watching America twist their words from the 1700's to claim a right to kill fellow citizens. It's almost as bad as people clinging to the bible because it works for their personal beliefs. Until Americans can ALL admit there is a gun problem not a mental health problem nothing will change. Every Country in the world has people with serious mental issues. America takes it to a whole other level. Why is that?? Muh rights!!!! 

It’s become the Wild West.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Fuck any gun control

I'd be interested if you felt the same if you lost your family to a mass shooter. I know you SAY nothing would change, but I highly doubt that.

Fuck them school children anyways , their just getting groomed at school. They should be skipping school and learning how to live on the streets , that will be invaluable experience living in the future US.  KILL EM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil people will find a way to kill...if it's not an ar15 it's a remmington woodsmaster. If we take away guns, they will use knives. If we take away the knives they will use arson. If we take away fire they will use a car....and so on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”

Who needs to twist those words. :dunno:

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

Evil people will find a way to kill...if it's not an ar15 it's a remmington woodsmaster. If we take away guns, they will use knives. If we take away the knives they will use arson. If we take away fire they will use a car....and so on. 

Exactly!!!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

It may however slow down the mass killings.

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It may however slow down the mass killings.

If we get rid of guns, knives, cars, pressure cookers etc sure. Maybe swords and machetes too. 

1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

Explain how the ar15 vs semi auto deer rifle? 

Guns in general. Pretty hard to kill 8 people in only a few seconds with a knife.

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Guns in general. Pretty hard to kill 8 people in only a few seconds with a knife.

How many legal gun owners in this country? 80-90 million....

Why infringe on their rights when it's 200 people fucking it up. 

I don't know the answer, but I'm not giving up my weapons. I've done nothing wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Honestly, I would think it would be easier in an elementary situation which is what is being discussed and probably lead to a lot more deaths, knifes aren't that loud when used, easier to conceal than a rifle..

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Honestly, I would think it would be easier in an elementary situation which is what is being discussed and probably lead to a lot more deaths, knifes aren't that loud when used, easier to conceal than a rifle..

I don't. I'd have no issue attacking someone with a knife if I was unarmed to defend the masses. If they have a gun that's different story. 

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I don't. I'd have no issue attacking someone with a knife if I was unarmed to defend the masses. If they have a gun that's different story. 

There is a shit ton of difference in shooting someone from a distance and doing the deed up close and personal. And no, I do not speak from experience, but I have it directly from those who have.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

There is a shit ton of difference in shooting someone from a distance and doing the deed up close and personal. And no, I do not speak from experience, but I have it directly from those who have.

Well ya. For starters you need to have a good aim.

Edited by Steve753

1 hour ago, HSR said:

I'd be interested if you felt the same if you lost your family to a mass shooter. I know you SAY nothing would change, but I highly doubt that.

Fuck them school children anyways , their just getting groomed at school. They should be skipping school and learning how to live on the streets , that will be invaluable experience living in the future US.  KILL EM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How in the fuck is gun control going to stop killings. You’d have to be a god damned absolute retard to think it will. Either eliminate every single gun or leave them all alone. A sawed off 12ga and a bag full of buckshot is 10x more dangerous than an AR 15

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”

Who needs to twist those words. :dunno:

So technically 1 gun per person would satisfy that. See what I did there.

39 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Sure carry 10 4 shot magazines and hope that POS doesn't jam up on the first shot.

As for the rest I guess that's why there is mass killings daily all over the world from cars,knives, fire. Great point!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Either eliminate every single gun

This is what America deserves right now. You've repeatedly shown you aren't responsible enough as a Country. Failing by epic proportions. Kids FFS.

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

This is what America deserves right now. You've repeatedly shown you aren't responsible enough as a Country. Failing by epic proportions. Kids FFS.

You’re an emotional fucking retard , kill yourself 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, f7ben said:

You’re an emotional fucking retard , kill yourself 

Kids getting shot does that to me. 

You guys laugh at our laws but you guys are the reason they are coming after ours. The entire world looks at the US and says "don't be like them".

Just now, HSR said:

Kids getting shot does that to me. 

You guys laugh at our laws but you guys are the reason they are coming after ours. The entire world looks at the US and says "don't be like them".

Kids get shot everyday , kids drown in pools , are starved , overdose , are aborted and on and on and on. Who gives a fuck. It’s a cruel shitty world. As long as bad guys , cops and military have guns I want mine too and you can fuck straight off if you think I’m gonna be a misty eyed faggot and turn them over cause it FOR THE KIDS DERRRRD

• Thanks 1