Check your account email address ×

656 *mass* shootings for 2023

Just now, Cat45 said:

Why is it so hard to understand that new gun laws only take rights away from the law abiding citizens. The criminals don't care about the laws, if they did they wouldn't be criminals. We have a law saying it's illegal to kill people, does that stop murders? 

Then stop making it so easy for them to get them. What is so hard to understand about that. If all it takes to fool your system for Johnny P. Methhead is to have his GF buy the gun he picks out it doesn't take a genius to see you are the cause of your own problems. Keep flooding the streets with guns and what do you expect to happen?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Then stop making it so easy for them to get them. What is so hard to understand about that. If all it takes to fool your system for Johnny P. Methhead is to have his GF buy the gun he picks out it doesn't take a genius to see you are the cause of your own problems. Keep flooding the streets with guns and what do you expect to happen?

It's the fact that that simple law is ignored by our gvmt that makes legal gun owners respond with " fuck you" when there is talk of more gun laws.

Just now, HSR said:

So how do you propose to fix that problem? If the gf has nothing on her record to prevent her from buying a gun how do you justify not allowing it? I know freedom and fighting for your rights is a foreign concept to you since canada never has had to fight for independence. Will you be ok with the government taking your hunting rifles? It could easily happen since they already outlawed a bunch of different weapons

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

So how do you propose to fix that problem? If the gf has nothing on her record to prevent her from buying a gun how do you justify not allowing it? I know freedom and fighting for your rights is a foreign concept to you since canada never has had to fight for independence. Will you be ok with the government taking your hunting rifles? It could easily happen since they already outlawed a bunch of different weapons

Simple, ATF has the right to inspect each gun store once a yr. Go in , read their book. Take pics of female buyers and go to theior home and ask to see the gun.

Expensive , sure , but probably the most effective way to combat guns in the hands of criminals. 

But it will do jack shit if they are not prosecuted. 

That in itself creates a whole new slew of problems as most have kids and inprisoning them means more kids in the foster system , even thou most will probably be better off not growing up in the envirement their mother lives in.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Simple, ATF has the right to inspect each gun store once a yr. Go in , read their book. Take pics of female buyers and go to theior home and ask to see the gun.

Expensive , sure , but probably the most effective way to combat guns in the hands of criminals. 

That in itself creates a whole new slew of problems as most have kids and inprisoning them means more kids in the foster system , even thou most will probably be better off not growing up in the envirement their mother lives in.

If that was the only option or have gun confiscation like canada i guess it would be tolerable. There's always that slippery slope of a gun register and the government sticking their nose where it doesn't belong 

9 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I'm pretty sure you had fuck all to do with fighting for independence:lol:

I don't live my life in fear of "what if?" sorry.

14 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Good effort on your points same results 👏 

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I appreciate that you at least have a suggestion on how to make things better. 

Just now, HSR said:

I'm pretty sure you had fuck all to do with fighting for independence:lol:

I don't live my life in fear of "what if?" sorry.

Sure sounds like you live in fear of "what if an illegal gun from another country comes to my country" maybe you should focus on what your government is doing to stop the weapons coming in. Most of these are perfectly legal here but your daddy government doesn't think you're capable of handling them. Must suck to be a bootlicker. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Sure sounds like you live in fear of "what if an illegal gun from another country comes to my country" maybe you should focus on what your government is doing to stop the weapons coming in. Most of these are perfectly legal here but your daddy government doesn't think you're capable of handling them. Must suck to be a bootlicker. 

They have been here for years causing crime. Maybe our government should look at the source not the route much like drugs. Sorry but perfectly legal guns aren't getting smuggled into Canada. Name calling :lol: I'm done with you.

Your post really didn't deserve a response it's so bizarre.

EDIT: Google 1812 :lol:

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

I appreciate that you at least have a suggestion on how to make things better. 

Every responsable gun owner wants to see guns out of the hands of criminals. But all pols ever suggest is do nothing , feel good legislation. 

That being said , trying to combat illegal guns is as tough as combating illegal drugs. 

If there is a demand and someone can make money supplying that demand . The illegal gun market will continue to flourish.

• Like 1

Just now, HSR said:

They have been here for years causing crime. Maybe our government should look at the source not the route much like drugs. Sorry but perfectly legal guns aren't getting smuggled into Canada. Name calling :lol: I'm done with you.

Your post really didn't deserve a response it's so bizarre.

So what weapons are being smuggled that you're so worried about that aren't legal in the states? What will you do if your government says your rifles are illegal? I bet you turn them in 

Too late the guns are here to stay no matter what the government does, we have way too many guns in circulation in this country that are not registered let alone the registered guns.    

20 hours ago, HSR said:

Sorry I'm not buy it. Maybe back when cable news was the source but I don't think China is filtering TikTok or Elon doing it on Twitter. There is just way too many ways for that kinda news to get out such as a forum like this. Why would the pro gun states hide that kind of news? Saying it's "The Man" keeping it quiet isn't a valid argument point for me. 

Because thats how the algorithms work. The news feeds and information you see on Facebook, twitter, youtube or even just google, are all based off what they track you watching most.

You dont even have to click on a link, they track how long you look at the links as you scroll through. 

The "random" links that you see will be drastically different than mine.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HSR said:

You mean like this from 4 days ago?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ghost-guns-canada-1.6884071

EDIT: we treat then the same as all the illegal handguns here from the US.

But what do you actually think qualifies as a ghost gun?

Especially how they differ for us vs you guys, as im sure your laws in terms of making your own guns are extremely restrictive.

18 hours ago, Cat45 said:

They already are. There are single shot hunting rifles on the current list of guns they're trying to ban.

5 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

They already are. There are single shot hunting rifles on the current list of guns they're trying to ban.

Yeah i can see in the not so distant future the canucks loosing what little gun rights they still have. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

They will lose any battle to take away hunting rifles to the First Nations. Not a chance. 

19 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Exactly how is that legal with no warrant or probable cause of a crime?

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

They will lose any battle to take away hunting rifles to the First Nations. Not a chance. 

Well, the current weapons list Trudeau is pushing, makes no distinction for who can have them. Banned is banned

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

Since when does the atf concern themselves with being legal?

I agree however if they came to see a gun I or my wife purchased they better come with a warrant or I'd tell them on video that I respectfully decline.

They go after way less than 1% of the people that lie on their 4473's.   How about we start there and don't give a slap on the wrist like Hunter got.   

The FBI, in reviewing instant background checks for firearm purchases, detected 112,000 lie-and-try crimes in fiscal 2017 alone, and federal investigators had names and addresses on the filled-out forms. How many were prosecuted? Twelve, according to a recent Government Accountability Office report.
Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

Well, the current weapons list Trudeau is pushing, makes no distinction for who can have them. Banned is banned

It might help if you guys didn't have so much gun violence and mass shootings in the news every week. Gives the libs lots to be scared about. 

Now are you guys really trying to turn this thread around to be about Canada?? Wow. Zero mass shootings this year is all you need to know.