Check your account email address ×

BRICS is a joke

38 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Do the pacifists on the site actually want to do something about China, a strategic threat? Sounds like war mongering.

Welcome to reality.

Right , China is a huge problem. Russia is not. Fuck Ukraine 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Right , China is a huge problem. Russia is not. Fuck Ukraine 

NATO only exists because of Russia. Sweden and Finland aren’t joining because Russia’s “not a problem.”

What supporting Ukraine does do is allow us to eventually redirect resources to more vital areas such as the pacific.

20 minutes ago, akvanden said:

NATO only exists because of Russia. Sweden and Finland aren’t joining because Russia’s “not a problem.”

What supporting Ukraine does do is allow us to eventually redirect resources to more vital areas such as the pacific.

Is Russia on our fucking border or threatening any country aside from fully corrupt former soviet bloc nations?

A simple fucking yes or no would do 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Is Russia on our fucking border or threatening any country aside from fully corrupt former soviet bloc nations?

A simple fucking yes or no would do 

No. China also no.

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

China is directly assaulting us economically 

Yes they are, and so is Russia. How much IP was stolen during the solar winds hack? Estimates of 100s of billions to contain and fix. Who knows the long term impacts of what was actually stolen.

The world isn't so black and white. There's a whole lot of long term strategic thinking that goes into decision making other than "did they attack us physically or not," "do they border us or not," etc.

9 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Yes they are, and so is Russia. How much IP was stolen during the solar winds hack? Estimates of 100s of billions to contain and fix. Who knows the long term impacts of what was actually stolen.

The world isn't so black and white. There's a whole lot of long term strategic thinking that goes into decision making other than "did they attack us physically or not," "do they border us or not," etc.

I don’t believe Russia is behind 90% of what they are blamed for. They have been the default scapegoat for every single thing that has upset the political class applecart. I’d assume you think Snowden and Assange are Russian agents and the DNC email leak was actually a Russian hack :lol: 

2 hours ago, akvanden said:

Do the pacifists on the site actually want to do something about China, a strategic threat? Sounds like war mongering.

Welcome to reality.

Well I have been bitching about China since 1999. The time to address them was back then when Clinton and dubya were giving away the country. Now let's fight them when they have the world's largest navy and a 200,000,000 man standing army and they are plotting the rest of the world against us! 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I don’t believe Russia is behind 90% of what they are blamed for. They have been the default scapegoat for every single thing that has upset the political class applecart. I’d assume you think Snowden and Assange are Russian agents and the DNC email leak was actually a Russian hack :lol: 

The idiots have broken rear view mirrors. 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ok, well, everything points to Russia being behind solarwinds. 

I’m just glad we’re on the same page on China, even if it doesn’t pass your Russian litmus test. China is and will be our biggest threat. We just happen to be taking advantage of Russia’s fuckup in the meantime.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

But stop buying their shit. The reason they have a huge military is because of the American consumers demand for cheap shit.

You misspelled dependency...

• Like 1

Our involvement in Ukraine pushed China and Russia together.  The weakness of Biden pushed the Saudis and Iran together. Our lack of foresight pushed Africa to China over the last decade. 

54 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Our involvement in Ukraine pushed China and Russia together.  The weakness of Biden pushed the Saudis and Iran together. Our lack of foresight pushed Africa to China over the last decade. 

Our involvement everywhere is pushing everyone against us. Wouldn't it be crazy if we focused on us first?