Check your account email address ×

BRICS is a joke

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

BRICS is suggesting a basket of currencies be used. The first step toward a one world digital currency. 

No they are developing their own. and yes one world digital currency or centralized "bitcoin" as MC might say... 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

No U!

As the reserve currency the US dollar had 85% of global exchanges in 1979. By “91 is had dropped to 46%. The percentage has gone and up and down since. It dropped following the introduction of the Euro and during times of inflation. It’s currently at 59% and slowly dropping due to inflation. This is normal and to be expected. America is the epicenter of the world for technology and new ideas. America is the leader and that’s not going anywhere. So you and AC can take your doom and gloom and go have a doom and gloom bukkakke session with one another. 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

As the reserve currency the US dollar had 85% of global exchanges in 1979. By “91 is had dropped to 46%. The percentage has gone and up and down since. It dropped following the introduction of the Euro and during times of inflation. It’s currently at 59% and slowly dropping due to inflation. This is normal and to be expected. America is the epicenter of the world for technology and new ideas. America is the leader and that’s not going anywhere. So you and AC can take your doom and gloom and go have a doom and gloom bukkakke session with one another. 

Its not just our doom and gloom anymore, now we have US officials saying it... 

35 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its not just our doom and gloom anymore, now we have US officials saying it... 

officials say a lot of things for attention. And why do you think that if the dollar falls from reserve currency status into second place against a basket of various currencies is a bad thing? Is the sun no longer going to shine or the crickets stop chirping? 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

officials say a lot of things for attention. And why do you think that if the dollar falls from reserve currency status into second place against a basket of various currencies is a bad thing? Is the sun no longer going to shine or the crickets stop chirping? 

Just another issue you will be eating crow on later...

Just now, spin_dry said:

You never answered my question….

I'm guessing some degree of massive economic crash. Higher and probably much higher inflation. I don't have a crystal ball like colonel macgregor so don't ask me when. 

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

I'm guessing some degree of massive economic crash. Higher and probably much higher inflation. I don't have a crystal ball like colonel macgregor so don't ask me when. 

There are some positive aspects of the dollar falling out of reserve status. It could lead to greater global, economic stability. It’ll buffer highs and lows based on America’s economic health. The Great Recession was caused in part due to the dollars reserve status. Of course this all depends on the “next” reserve currency and how responsibly that is managed. The Euro was a supposed attack on the dollar’s reserve status. That popped up to 20% of global exchanges and hasn’t moved. If the authoritarians of the planet want a crack at managing all that shit, let ‘em. Let see the mess they can create.  

Edited by spin_dry