Check your account email address ×

No ice on the big lake in mn

12 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Best western?

Cove point 

I screwd the pooch today spent about 2 hrs attempting to get out about 5 trips in to the river up to my balls .

Sled still there . Tomarrow another ugly day .prob 5 miles from a road or trail 

20230318_154055.jpg

20230318_154104.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_192412_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_192441_Messages.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Cove point 

I screwd the pooch today spent about 2 hrs attempting to get out about 5 trips in to the river up to my balls .

Sled still there . Tomarrow another ugly day .prob 5 miles from a road or trail 

20230318_154055.jpg

20230318_154104.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_192412_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_192441_Messages.jpg

Is that your sled Ezra?? JFC !!!!!!

9 hours ago, HSR said:

Is that your sled Ezra?? JFC !!!!!!

Yep it's my shit show . Looking for open hardware stores on the north shore right now for hip waders come along cable sled etc etc . 

• Sad 1

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yep it's my shit show . Looking for open hardware stores on the north shore right now for hip waders come along cable sled etc etc . 

Hobo freight winch strap it to a tree manual or battery powered. Might be a good option 🤷‍♂️ 

https://www.harborfreight.com/2000-lb-marine-electric-winch-64602.html

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Z-drag bro... ;)

https://paddlingmag.com/skills/safety-rescue-skills/z-drag/

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

shit show?  

not to be a dick, but tow from the spindles not the ski tips  ;)

Yeah it was towed 99% of the way kissing bumpers. Honestly last 400 yards to the road was hell crust kept giving way and tow sled would trench in and fill the dead sled nose with snow instantly. We were getting 5 to 8 feet at a time then both stuck . Last 200feet was road and tow straps to road and hook it to the truck .

Getting to old for this shit lol 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah it was towed 99% of the way kissing bumpers. Honestly last 400 yards to the road was hell crust kept giving way and tow sled would trench in and fill the dead sled nose with snow instantly. We were getting 5 to 8 feet at a time then both stuck . Last 200feet was road and tow straps to road and hook it to the truck .

My buddy outside two harbors has a bearcat groomer special, would've been good for that.  He's got a winch on it too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

My buddy outside two harbors has a bearcat groomer special, would've been good for that.  He's got a winch on it too.

Prob not willing to take it down the baptism River in March though lol 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Prob not willing to take it down the baptism River in March though lol 

Yeah probably not, it's fallen through before where other sleds haven't.  Tank.

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

do you carry a Snow Bungee or any extraction items?  if I were an off trail rider those seem rather handy.  the z-drag mentioned above, you can come up with your own cheap from Fleet Farm.  doesn't take up much space and you'd be amazed at how much power and leverage you get pulling on a rope by hand.  

https://greenchileadv.com/products/gcag-z-drag-recovery-system

https://www.nrs.com/nrs-z-drag-kit/p9rx

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

do you carry a Snow Bungee or any extraction items?  if I were an off trail rider those seem rather handy.  the z-drag mentioned above, you can come up with your own cheap from Fleet Farm.  doesn't take up much space and you'd be amazed at how much power and leverage you get pulling on a rope by hand.  

https://greenchileadv.com/products/gcag-z-drag-recovery-system

https://www.nrs.com/nrs-z-drag-kit/p9rx

Yeah we have snow bunji and recovery rope .wratchet straps . Other thing only 2 of us . Closest tree was just over 50 feet . And after you broke thrugh the crust there was at lest 3 feet of sugar snow .just part after the deal 

Litteraly ripped the carbon fiber bar off the rmk yanking .

We are pretty well versed in getting stuck sleds out 

But this one was more or less wedged in between 2 ice shelves 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah we have snow bunji and recovery rope .wratchet straps . Other thing only 2 of us . Closest tree was just over 50 feet . And after you broke thrugh the crust there was at lest 3 feet of sugar snow .just part after the deal 

Litteraly ripped the carbon fiber bar off the rmk yanking .

We are pretty well versed in getting stuck sleds out 

But this one was more or less wedged in between 2 ice shelves 

in theory you could use another sled as the anchor point.  regardless, I've used a Z with success numerous times and it's a handy piece of kit.

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

in theory you could use another sled as the anchor point.  regardless, I've used a Z with success numerous times and it's a handy piece of kit.

Well let's put it this way the 2 ton comealong I bought that morning was pretty much junk when we were done . It is still out there . 

Pretty much the 6ft Ice chipper bar was used to pry the track from out from under the ice ledge . As we used come along on fr to yank it out . As we also used pry bar to lift sled ass end up as best we could. 

Getting our sucked but was almost worse getting it back to a road lol .

Still frozen in my shop have a feeling after looking at h20 line it was deep and far enough on its side h20 got In over tip of can and down pipe and in to motor . Will start tearing in to her tonight . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Well let's put it this way the 2 ton comealong I bought that morning was pretty much junk when we were done . It is still out there . 

Pretty much the 6ft Ice chipper bar was used to pry the track from out from under the ice ledge . As we used come along on fr to yank it out . As we also used pry bar to lift sled ass end up as best we could. 

Getting our sucked but was almost worse getting it back to a road lol .

Still frozen in my shop have a feeling after looking at h20 line it was deep and far enough on its side h20 got In over tip of can and down pipe and in to motor . Will start tearing in to her tonight . 

Getting running as fast as possible. Shouldn’t be to bad. Pull the plugs, spin it over until it quits shooting out water and start it. Then fog the hell out of it. My back hurts after seeing those pictures 

• Like 1

Glad you got it out, @Ez ryder.  That sucks.

I buried the family cat a couple of weeks ago and found only a couple of inches of frost under the snow.  Expected it to kick my ass, but was 3 feet down in no time.  It's amazing how little frost there was, north of Hwy 2.  When all this stuff starts to melt, it's going to be gone fast I think.

1 minute ago, p51mstg said:

Glad you got it out, @Ez ryder.  That sucks.

I buried the family cat a couple of weeks ago and found only a couple of inches of frost under the snow.  Expected it to kick my ass, but was 3 feet down in no time.  It's amazing how little frost there was, north of Hwy 2.  When all this stuff starts to melt, it's going to be gone fast I think.

The frost is the same here. The guys I know that log have been riding "light in the seat" this winter.