Check your account email address ×

Tough time to be a tech worker

BOHICA

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You get a new mop 

Aww man if ckf got me the new Swiffer WetJet I would feel appreciated around here. I heard they have them at Dootalk, just sayin'

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, HSR said:

Aww man if ckf got me the new Swiffer WetJet I would feel appreciated around here. I heard they have them at Dootalk, just sayin'

Is that place still active? 

You and a purple Swifter :lol:

6 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Not sitting at home crying for handouts.
The economy is in terrible shape because you have generation of brats that don't want to work and create wealth, products and services.
They have no skills and bitch about entry level pay at entry level jobs.
This is what happens when you have generation of soft, entitled, whimpering, easily triggered woke liberal brats.

I worked entry level and production line jobs for years, best thing for me. 
Makes you appreciate things, appreciate the dollar bill and help you work your way up the Mountain.
The problem is, brats don't want to climb or be exposed to any trauma or work, and thats the best thing in life, gratitude, caused by hard work and earning things yourself, and learning to appreciate better positions and the work it takes to make it.

Spot on. My BIL got out of the Marines, bought $5000 worth of tools, went to aeronautical school and became an aircraft mechanic. Worked for several smaller carriers before landing a job at Delta where he has worked his way up to a management position making six figures. Hard worker, applied himself and must've been really good at finding burnt fuses. :news:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Pffft they use them in the HCS lounge too.......... VS & Joe Pisscunt are good people, HCS has better bathrooms....... :lol:

1246935937_NewBathroomSinks.jpg.f6c863954e5e5df704bea255d4a20ddd.jpg1561832886_Puterdesk.jpg.a84fe87ca0a3ad7311e36fe6bd18eaf1.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HSR said:

i have a broom that i broke the handle on. it's pretty short but i still use it. she asked me what the hell is that , i handed it to her and said "compact car"

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2023 at 3:16 PM, BOHICA said:

Layoffs in that sector appear to be accelerating.  Now Yahoo is laying off 20% of its work force.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/02/09/yahoo-will-lay-off-nearly-1000-employees-by-end-of-2023.html

Anyone in the EV business will be next. Useless over priced golf carts!

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Anyone in the EV business will be next. Useless over priced golf carts!

Do you watch the gas pump dollar figures run up as you pump the gallons in the tank?  Like when you fill the sled to you look at the total you just shoved in the tank?  Do you savor that total?

Edited by BOHICA

17 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Do you watch the gas pump dollar figures run up as you pump the gallons in the tank?  Like when you fill the sled to you look at the total you just shoved in the tank?  Do you savor that total?

I dont because I hav money. What I don't have is time. Time is money to me. EV's cost money. Gas is cheap!

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I agree gas is cheap.  It can stand to go up

It wont, but electricity will continue to go higher and higher. Switched to natural gas for heat from electricity 250-400 a month cheaper in our winter. Spend that on gas for my toys and vehicles. Win, WIN!

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

I dont because I hav money. What I don't have is time. Time is money to me. EV's cost money. Gas is cheap!

Yet you drive your sled for gas mileage,weird.

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yet you drive your sled for gas mileage,weird.

Just to pass you off! It is fun making fun of Polaris. The Tesla of sleds. Reliability and recalls. 

Edited by ZR6000RR

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

lots of money to be made. if you are dumb you will make no money at anything unless you become a prison guard or something. car tech can make big money. no not at first but what job does? we would put a tech in to gm training , get them certified, inspector license, the works. mix flat rate in there and a hungry smart tech is making bank. warranty will slow you , but the service manager usually balances warranty with some gravy work . and if you know how to write the story even warranty is lucrative . not likely gonna see an ad for new techs for big money

There is good money once you put the years in learning and work hard.  Lazy people don’t think ahead they go for the most money now and that clearly isn’t auto repair. The ones that do think ahead aren’t getting into the car world more money and less fatigue on the body in other trades.

10 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

There is good money once you put the years in learning and work hard.  Lazy people don’t think ahead they go for the most money now and that clearly isn’t auto repair. The ones that do think ahead aren’t getting into the car world more money and less fatigue on the body in other trades.

many of the techs in the business are in it from love of cars. it's just what they like . i think most careers require the years of learning and hard work. who can walk right up and know it all? i could have done anything , but i was drawn to cars since i was a kid. it's done me well for 36 years. yes it started slow but with the knowledge i had i was making what i was worth. i was placed by a tech school i went to in high school. i was in the top 3, and my first dealer job right out of school was as easy as walking in the door. my instructor told them to hire me. i meet tons of folks in that business, many of them have become friends but also connections to many other types of business.