Check your account email address ×

Filling Lake Mead with Mississippi River Water No Longer a Pipe Dream

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

We have plenty of fresh water here and that won’t change unless idiots make bad decisions. People in dry areas of the country need to figure out there own problems or move to where there is water

Ya.  They will come to your area that has excess resources and increase the population density.  I would rather ship excess resources out vs bring people to the resources in my area as the population density increase and the politics they bring suck.  If we can keep them in their utopia the better off it is.  Plus selling resources to other regions brings in nice revenue.

but I guess as population grows and you want them moving next to you I guess it’s a case where different strokes for different folks.  I would rather the population grow in the desert

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Ya.  They will come to your area that has excess resources and increase the population density.  I would rather ship excess resources out vs bring people to the resources in my area as the population density increase and the politics they bring suck.  If we can keep them in their utopia the better off it is.  Plus selling resources to other regions brings in nice revenue.

but I guess as population grows and you want them moving next to you I guess it’s a case where different strokes for different folks.  I would rather the population grow in the desert

:lol: Sure….OK

• Gold Member
Just now, Skidooski said:

:lol: Sure….OK

Lots of conservatives don’t like the exodus of liberals from the desert into there areas.  It comes up from time to time.  I’m in agreement with those that are against liberal migration patterns.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Lots of conservatives don’t like the exodus of liberals from the desert into there areas.  It comes up from time to time.  I’m in agreement with those that are against liberal migration patterns.

Are we still talking about fresh water or have you moved on to some political argument?

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Fresh water….  Without fresh water migrations happen which are not all that pleasing.

So you think they should migrate their asses out of the desert then…K 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So send them your water from Idaho

Ours goes to the Columbia River drainage.  Salmon need it more than Californians/desert dwellers.  Endangered species act as well as personal water rights would likely prevent it.

they could easily suck some water up from the Mississippi River delta and send it to headwaters of the Colorado with no affect on anything other then keeping people where they are.

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Matt said:

Spend a lot of time on the Mississippi Delta do you?  This doesn't effect the Midwest at all. Not like that harebrained scheme of sticking a giant straw in Lake Michigan.

Not much different than building a city in a frigid siberian hellscape and having to import heating oil and gas.

Ya ok because people never lived where it was cold before pipelines?????  Come on man.  You are better than this....  You know what people didn't do back then???????    Live in the fucking desert!!!!!!  With no water and no food.  What a fucking stupid argument....

Edited by poopooforme

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ours goes to the Columbia River drainage.  Salmon need it more than Californians/desert dwellers.  Endangered species act as well as personal water rights would likely prevent it.

they could easily suck some water up from the Mississippi River delta and send it to headwaters of the Colorado with no affect on anything other then keeping people where they are.

So you’re all for having them fend for themselves and not have your water too eh. Can’t say I blame ya  :lol:

what’s the chances of the Mississippi running low? 

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So you’re all for having them fend for themselves and not have your water too eh. Can’t say I blame ya  :lol:

what’s the chances of the Mississippi running low? 

If we can get around endangered species act sure we can send water down from where the Columbia River drains into the pacific.  I’m ok with that.  But it would likely be more of a jaunt to lake mead over some rugged country.  Sending from Mississippi drainage into the Gulf of Mexico seems like a great option.  Any river is pretty much used up and worthless at a point that it dumps into and ocean.  It’s a resource that can be pumped out.  Great Lakes wouldn’t miss any water pumped out from where the Mississippi dumps into the Gulf of Mexico.

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member

Lots of existing pipeline ROW running from the Mississippi River exit in the Gulf of Mexico that could tie into and dump directly into the Colorado river.  Be pretty easy to put a water pipeline on existing right of way and pretty dump right into lake Powell 

EF4109FB-627E-4FC0-B57E-C0E816199836.jpeg

9 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Billionaires. Your buddies. 

You have too much money. There will be some people stopping by to take your possessions and your monies. Enjoy! 

19 hours ago, poopooforme said:

Ya ok because people never lived where it was cold before pipelines?????  Come on man.  You are better than this....  You know what people didn't do back then???????    Live in the fucking desert!!!!!!  With no water and no food.  What a fucking stupid argument....

Humans have been living in deserts longer than they've been living in frigid temps.  Let's have Minneapolis go back to burning wood and buffalo shit to heat their homes and stop trucking in coal, heating oil, natural gas, eh?

How does the thought of taking water from a source where it's effectively wasted, and that has zero impact on the rest of the country, piss you off?  It's a good thing in my book.  Not just because I live in AZ, but because it makes at least 25% of the land mass of the country far more usable.

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Humans have been living in deserts longer than they've been living in frigid temps.  Let's have Minneapolis go back to burning wood and buffalo shit to heat their homes and stop trucking in coal, heating oil, natural gas, eh?

How does the thought of taking water from a source where it's effectively wasted, and that has zero impact on the rest of the country, piss you off?  It's a good thing in my book.  Not just because I live in AZ, but because it makes at least 25% of the land mass of the country far more usable.

That's fine as long as Arizona pays for that infrastructure and cost to get those resources there just like I do in my electric bill to pay for the coal at the local power plant or local waste treatment facility.  I think where people have an issue is much of what you read people there act like they are owed it by the rest of the country.  People in Alaska and Hawaii have to pay more for certain resources....if you live in the desert you should too.   

As for the first comment yeah humans have been living in the desert for eon's but not with needing to water golf courses and every living quarters having a pool.   AZ averages a pool for every 13 people.  

Edited by Highmark