Check your account email address ×

Filling Lake Mead with Mississippi River Water No Longer a Pipe Dream

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Typically not exploiting natural resources is reserved for 1 of the 2 parties….  You would likely align with some far left organizations that that would glue/chain themselves to the equipment building a water pipeline.

Typically preserving

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Typically preserving

Just like the far left groups loves preserving forest, fossil fuels and such.  Same types that don’t want to utilize natural resources such as water.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Just like the far left groups loves preserving forest, fossil fuels and such.  Same types that don’t want to utilize natural resources such as water.

So to recap…

They can afford to pay for a pipeline and already pay big for water but they can’t afford a desalination plant.

A plant would require large amounts of energy but wind and solar can’t supply enough.

You are all for sending them water as long as it’s not from your area.

What else? 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

You need to educate your dumbass on why it's important, it's way beyond your pay grade. There's alot of things left better untouched in light of economic gain and forests, especially national forests are one of them unless it is to improve the forest itself. 

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

They could piggy back on fossil fuel pipeline right of way that likely already had that exact type of involvement for its existence….  Plenty of existing pipeline right of way to get from the Mississippi delta to the Colorado river.

61A28E58-50D3-4BA4-9D92-30E2800A4AC5.jpeg

Depends on how the easements are written.   Also have to deal with all the sediments and phosphates in the water down there.

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So to recap…

They can afford to pay for a pipeline and already pay big for water but they can’t afford a desalination plant.

A plant would require large amounts of energy but wind and solar can’t supply enough.

You are all for sending them water as long as it’s not from your area.

What else? 

I’m talking about pumping water from areas where rivers dump into the ocean you idiot never once did I say pump out of the Great Lakes. Or anywhere inland.  

Desalination is much more expensive for the amount of water the area needs for national food supply and population growth and a waste compared to pipelining fresh water already in existence.

water from my area enters the ocean which they can pump from there as it has gone through many other natural resource explotation and at that point it goes into the ocean it is waste and useless.

not sure why you would have an issue pumping fresh water from area where the water enters the ocean?  Why is that?

• Gold Member
55 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You need to educate your dumbass on why it's important, it's way beyond your pay grade. There's alot of things left better untouched in light of economic gain and forests, especially national forests are one of them unless it is to improve the forest itself. 

Same liberals are against piping natural resources as are against harvesting forest.  If the shoe fits wear it bro.

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Depends on how the easements are written.   Also have to deal with all the sediments and phosphates in the water down there.

80 percent of the Colorado is used for agriculture.  Crops would likely respond very well to the nutrient rich water of the Mississippi Delta water.  Sediment can be dredge of course if it becomes an issue.

Edited by BOHICA

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I’m talking about pumping water from areas where rivers dump into the ocean you idiot never once did I say pump out of the Great Lakes. Or anywhere inland.  

Desalination is much more expensive for the amount of water the area needs for national food supply and population growth and a waste compared to pipelining fresh water already in existence.

water from my area enters the ocean which they can pump from there as it has gone through many other natural resource explotation and at that point it goes into the ocean it is waste and useless.

not sure why you would have an issue pumping fresh water from area where the water enters the ocean?  Why is that?

The river is already low so why should anyone make that even worse just for people in a desert who have already sucked all the water dry on their side of the country? Move where there’s fresh water or pony up to make your own. 

Why are you so emotional Grabsgaydicks? 

Last time I checked, the Mississippi is inland. :lol: 

Edited by Skidooski

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

The river is already low so why should anyone make that even worse just for people in a desert who have already sucked all the water dry on their side of the country? Move where there’s fresh water or pony up to make your own. 

Why are you so emotional Grabsgaydicks? 

Rivers are low in the winter.  Holy surprise!  Fucking morons. Water use is low. Which is why lake mead is pretty stable.  Could easily take a very small part of that spring run off the mississippi and pipe to Lake Powell and shore up nations food supply.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

You realize it's not just AZ, right? It's Utah, NM, NV, and this little place called CA. It's not just the desert. 

Utah, NM, NV aren’t desert? High desert with low humidity. California doesn’t have areas like that either? 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

You realize it's not just AZ, right? It's Utah, NM, NV, and this little place called CA. It's not just the desert. 

They have proven to be a bunch of retards so no.  They think the water only goes to tree hugging liberals.

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

Rivers are low in the winter.  Holy surprise!  Fucking morons. Water use is low. Which is why lake mead is pretty stable.  Could easily take a very small part of that spring run off the mississippi and pipe to Lake Powell and shore up nations food supply.

You’re getting too much emotional to have a discussion.  

• Gold Member
Just now, Skidooski said:

You’re getting too much emotional to have a discussion.  

Not sure how I’m emotional.  I’m not the one upset at the desert potential of using some water from the Mississippi River.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Not sure how I’m emotional.  I’m not the one upset at the desert potential of using some water from the Mississippi River.

Read your last few responses. Clearly you’re getting worked up over this because I don’t agree with you. Maybe go spend time in one of your Tesla threads for a while 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Read your last few responses. Clearly you’re getting worked up over this because I don’t agree with you. Maybe go spend time in one of your Tesla threads for a while 

No not worked up at all.  Enjoying watch people with liberal tendencies show their true colors.  you seem a bit fired up at the thought of pump water east to west…. You are the one screaming you can’t have my water from the roof tops

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

No not worked up at all.  Enjoying watch people with liberal tendencies show their true colors.  you seem a bit fired up at the thought of pump water east to west…. You are the one screaming you can’t have my water from the roof tops

:lol:You're so full of shit :lol: 

Calm down

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Lake mead is not a real lake. This is what happens when people try to play Mother Nature and it doesn’t work out for them. 

We can influence Mother Nature.  It’s what the countries that will surpass the US do in power and influence.  We are a bit preoccupied with politics to be a country long for this world.  There are some very impressive on going water projects going on by our adversaries.  Our days of building interstate highways, large dams, Panama Canal type shit are long behind us.

http://en.people.cn/n3/2022/0908/c90000-10144716.html

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

We can influence Mother Nature.  It’s what the countries that will surpass the US do in power and influence.  We are a bit preoccupied with politics to be a country long for this world.  There are some very impressive on going water projects going on by our adversaries.  Our days of building interstate highways, large dams, Panama Canal type shit are long behind us.

http://en.people.cn/n3/2022/0908/c90000-10144716.html

how is re filling a failed water project going to help us in the long run? It will go empty again. I don’t think it is possible to move enough cubic feet of water to make a difference.