Check your account email address ×

Americans Are Struggling To Pay Car Loans

21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

0 sympathy.  

I had a engineer that started working here in early 2022. 

In 2022, him and his wife bought and sold or bought 7 new cars. 

Yes, 7.

Turned in his notice and his last day was Friday.

The price of Teslas dropped, so they bought 2 Teslas.

He doesn't start his new job for 3 more weeks.

On Friday during his exit interview, begged to stay on for the 3 weeks until his new job started so he came make car and mortgage payments.

Tough shit, man.  

No our fault you traded a less then 2k mile Camry and less then 1k mile Rav4 for a $100k in Teslas with a $15k bath on the two Toyotas.

Some people need to learn the hard way. 

How fucking dumb and impulsive do you have to be to quit your job and then buy two new cars BEFORE you start your new job?

Did you laugh at him, because you should have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Some people need to learn the hard way. 

How fucking dumb and impulsive do you have to be to quit your job and then buy two new cars BEFORE you start your new job?

Did you laugh at him, because you should have. 

There is a long story behind him, but he is very impulsive.

He came to me a few months back saying he had a better offer and would like to stay buy can't pass up the money.  

We matched, then before Christmas, turned in his notice because the other company (not a competitor) offered $1000 more.

He came back for a second helping at the honey pot and I said no.

Now his new employer is jerking him around on a start date.

He got his raise and burnt the bridge anyway over a $42 a pay period.

• Haha 2

• Gold Member

Yep . Some people are dumb :dunno:

I was at the boat show this weekend and they are giving out 40 year loans on Boats ....yep 40 fucking years lmao....

However plenty of people out there that buy within their means and rely on a reasonable car loan to be able to afford a vehicle. Esp people who are not mechanical enough to be able to keep a older car running themselves or paying a shop. 

I am big on no debt and no loans but I am not stupid enough to think everyone needs to be like me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I was at the boat show this weekend and they are giving out 40 year loans on Boats ....yep 40 fucking years lmao....

However plenty of people out there that buy within their means and rely on a reasonable car loan to be able to afford a vehicle. Esp people who are not mechanical enough to be able to keep a older car running themselves or paying a shop. 

I am big on no debt and no loans but I am not stupid enough to think everyone needs to be like me. 

As long as it's within reason, car loans aren't a huge deal. 

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

20 yrs on rvs. Crazy

Looking forward to being able to get a fair and reasonable deal again on good used vehicles. Stupid has to hurt, and it is definitely coming. Hopefully a lot of these dealers that pushed unreasonable loans on folks that couldn,t afford them get to feel a lot of the pain as well. Still waiting to be able to buy a 1 or 2 year old vehicle for pennies on the dollar. LOL The people posting that bullshit should be fed their own bullshit 3 times a day for posting false info.

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Lucky me I have a 13 year old who lives vicariously through his boomer dad following me around here. Kinda sad life.

More stupid shit from the sites delusional out of touch old man. My oldest is a 13 year old ya stupid fuck. SBYL. :lol:

You got owned once again for your ridiculous arrogant bullshit you spew....

"dErP wHo dA fUk nEedS a cAr lOaN?"  You are more out of touch with the average American family than Trump and Biden combined . What a caring democrat 9_9 :lol:

And trust me , If you knew how much more well off my boomer Dad is than you , You would realize how pathetic and sad your life actually is. Fake ass wannabe Big-shot. :lol:

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Looking forward to being able to get a fair and reasonable deal again on good used vehicles. Stupid has to hurt, and it is definitely coming. Hopefully a lot of these dealers that pushed unreasonable loans on folks that couldn,t afford them get to feel a lot of the pain as well. Still waiting to be able to buy a 1 or 2 year old vehicle for pennies on the dollar. LOL The people posting that bullshit should be fed their own bullshit 3 times a day for posting false info.

I think the dealers are already feeling it. Shit aint selling luke they hoped. 

Ive been looking at 3/4 ton pickups lately . They are back asswards on a lot of used 2-4 year old trucks they gave way too much for a trade on , or bought at a auction, or bought outright from the previous owner. 

One truck seemed like a ok deal until I saw the original window sticker. 2019 truck and they are less than $10k off original sticker price ! Just stupid! 

Id rather take the depreciation hit on a 2023 for the same money. Makes no sense to overpay for these used trucks to bail these dealers out. Let em sit there until they get back to reality. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

More stupid shit from the sites delusional out of touch old man. My oldest is a 13 year old ya stupid fuck. SBYL. :lol:

You got owned once again for your ridiculous arrogant bullshit you spew....

"dErP wHo dA fUk nEedS a cAr lOaN?"  You are more out of touch with the average American family than Trump and Biden combined . What a caring democrat 9_9 :lol:

And trust me , If you knew how much more well off my boomer Dad is than you , You would realize how pathetic and sad your life actually is. Fake ass wannabe Big-shot. :lol:

my first response to this thread….then your assholey childish one.

You post like the child you are.

90CF908C-4AE2-4559-8219-0C82FF0831E4.jpeg

Edited by Mainecat

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

my first response to this thread….then your assholey childish one.

You post like the child you are.

90CF908C-4AE2-4559-8219-0C82FF0831E4.jpeg

Yup thats all you are gonna get from me. Asshole comments . POS like you get no respect. I hate your guts. Put me on ignore if you cant handle it .  :bigfinger:

38 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I think the dealers are already feeling it. Shit aint selling luke they hoped. 

Ive been looking at 3/4 ton pickups lately . They are back asswards on a lot of used 2-4 year old trucks they gave way too much for a trade on , or bought at a auction, or bought outright from the previous owner. 

One truck seemed like a ok deal until I saw the original window sticker. 2019 truck and they are less than $10k off original sticker price ! Just stupid! 

Id rather take the depreciation hit on a 2023 for the same money. Makes no sense to overpay for these used trucks to bail these dealers out. Let em sit there until they get back to reality. 

If you're looking at a GM truck, wait until 24. They are doing a refresh.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Guess Ford is also...added a step to the bed like GM lol . 

Ford did it for 23 on the Super Duty. I don't follow the f150s. Added a side step to rear bumper as well.

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

There is a long story behind him, but he is very impulsive.

He came to me a few months back saying he had a better offer and would like to stay buy can't pass up the money.  

We matched, then before Christmas, turned in his notice because the other company (not a competitor) offered $1000 more.

He came back for a second helping at the honey pot and I said no.

Now his new employer is jerking him around on a start date.

He got his raise and burnt the bridge anyway over a $42 a pay period.

I tried to get @SSFB to come work with me for a significant pay cut, shit hours, and 100% travel.  Can you believe he said no dice?  :lol:

Neal

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Yup thats all you are gonna get from me. Asshole comments . POS like you get no respect. I hate your guts. Put me on ignore if you cant handle it .  :bigfinger:

Ahh just what I thought a limp waisted internet punk with zero manners.

Carry on pussy boy. I hope your dad catches you impersonating him.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ahh just what I thought a limp waisted internet punk with zero manners.

Carry on pussy boy. I hope your dad catches you impersonating him.

Anytime you wanna meet up for a ride on the Sleds. I will even show up with my Dad , then you can cry to Him about my manners  :thumb:

:lol:

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Anytime you wanna meet up for a ride on the Sleds. I will even show up with my Dad , then you can cry to Him about my manners  :thumb:

:lol:

Of course you will - his sleds, his truck, his money :lol: 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Of course you will - his sleds, his truck, his money :lol: 

Wait I thought you said my Wife gives me all my money??? Damn make up your mind FuseKit!  :lol:

But nah my Pops has way better trucks and cars than me. Not a clapped out Caddy. :D Also owns two Doo's instead of two Poo's. We rode only once together last year, conflicting schedules.  

2D23F594-5627-49A5-BB97-0C6F50389C22.thumb.jpeg.5bde50cd9d48009ed948de0f67281c7d.jpeg

But keep ASSuming with your Daddy MC. You two are real cute together.:gfight:

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Are you going buy another sled and beg to return after a few days? 

Doubt he even owns a sled now, never posts about riding , too busy counting other peoples money and crying about MAGA like MC :lmao:

Edited by EvilBird

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Wait I thought you said my Wife gives me all my money??? Damn make up your mind FuseKit!  :lol:

But nah my Pops has way better trucks and cars than me. Not a clapped out Caddy. :D Also owns two Doo's instead of two Poo's. We rode only once together last year, conflicting schedules.  

2D23F594-5627-49A5-BB97-0C6F50389C22.thumb.jpeg.5bde50cd9d48009ed948de0f67281c7d.jpeg

But keep ASSuming with your Daddy MC. You two are real cute together.:gfight:

Cute pic….what’s in your little day pack :lol: 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Cute pic….what’s in your little day pack :lol: 

Beers , what the fuck else. That was a 200 mile day , I get real thirsty. 

37 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

He's kinda right . 

You could of bought a Lambo instead of 5 Doomsday Vans tbh. 

If I sold my bikes , sleds , boat etc i could too.  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Beers , what the fuck else. That was a 200 mile day , I get real thirsty. 

He's kinda right . 

You could of bought a Lambo instead of 5 Doomsday Vans tbh. 

If I sold my bikes , sleds , boat etc i could too.  :dunno:

Dude - that’s awesome.  200 miles…..how’d you do it?  You sound like you’re big time…Congrats :thumbsup: