Check your account email address ×

Corvette E ray released, claimed 2.5 second 0-60

Rod

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

No interest in that car since it went rear engine.

I'm the opposite I like it more.  Pricing has gotten insane like anything else, but that is an impressive car by any measure.  I'd still prefer a Porche with AWD though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm the opposite I like it more.  Pricing has gotten insane like anything else, but that is an impressive car by any measure.  I'd still prefer a Porche with AWD though. 

A lot of alleged “purists” have written it off because of the mid engine layout. Best Corvette GM has built yet, bar none, imo. 

It's definitely quicker than any Corvette to date but for around the same money I want the noise that the Z06 makes.  There will be some people switching to the Eray but hopefully that just means my number comes up a bit sooner which will still be at least another two or three years. 

Had to settle for the base car until then.

20221114_114145.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, jdsky said:

It's definitely quicker than any Corvette to date but for around the same money I want the noise that the Z06 makes.  There will be some people switching to the Eray but hopefully that just means my number comes up a bit sooner which will still be at least another two or three years. 

Had to settle for the base car until then.

20221114_114145.jpg

The base car is still a really good car. 

That noise the Z06 makes, while very nice, can get hard on the ears during longer drives. 

50 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The base car is still a really good car. 

That noise the Z06 makes, while very nice, can get hard on the ears during longer drives. 

As I've gotten older, I understand that.  I heard a newer Mustang V8 something the other day going through the gears, and all I could think of was man how obnoxious it would have to be to listen to that all day on a road trip.  My GTO was the last hot rod I owned and that had a nice mellow drone that wasn't bad at all.  LS2 motor.

• Like 1