Check your account email address ×

Bernie Madoff documentary on Netflix

Rod

Pretty good. Never knew a lot of it. Kinda crazy how it was a math whiz from a competing firm figured it out when his bosses demanded that he figure out how Bernie was getting such returns because they had to figure out how to compete 

his only response over and over was it had to be a Ponzi scheme for more than one reason. 1, there wasn’t enough money in the markets that Bernie claimed to be in to generate those returns and also his profits were on a steady 45* increase across the chart 

he gave detailed reports to the SEC which actually made things worse. They slightly investigated him and just found he wasn’t licensed, so they made him get licensed which the public took as confirmation that Bernie was clean and legitimate and then the billions were really rolling in. The SEC was either completely corrupt or completely incompetent  

the SEC never did catch him. It was the other banks greed that developed the housing crises that broke him because everyone that was involved in that needed liquidity and was clawing money back from Bernie 

never knew how deep that stuff really was 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

One I watched , that dude said in 10 minutes I knew it was a scam. In 2 hrs , I proved it.

Yup and for a long time his boss wouldn’t believe it either. They wanted the secret formula to compete with madoff 

35 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

The SEC was entirely complicit, Madoff's niece was fucking the SEC investigator.

Fuck the SEC and fuck that Jew cocksucker Madoff.  :fuckyou:

Madoff and most of Wall Street during that time period should have been bludgeoned to death with a bag of coins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Madoff and most of Wall Street during that time period should have been bludgeoned to death with a bag of coins.

Enron… a lot happened under the bushes 

• Gold Member

Seen a bunch of docs on Madoff so skipped over this first time I saw it pop up. 

But put it on last night at Episode 2 so far and I am learning new stuff. Well done Netflix for once. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, EvilBird said:

Seen a bunch of docs on Madoff so skipped over this first time I saw it pop up. 

But put it on last night at Episode 2 so far and I am learning new stuff. Well done Netflix for once. 

Didn't learn anything new other than I was unaware both his sons died. One by suicide.

I'm thru 2 episodes. Greed is a hell of a deal. Not just Bernie's greed, but the greed from people not questioning how a guy is getting 15% returns when everyone else is getting 7%. 

31 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I'm thru 2 episodes. Greed is a hell of a deal. Not just Bernie's greed, but the greed from people not questioning how a guy is getting 15% returns when everyone else is getting 7%. 

Thing is if it weren’t for the banks fuckin around with useless CDO’s who knows how long Bernie could have kept going 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Bernie took the fall, but he was being extorted as well.