Check your account email address ×

Tongue Weight

1 hour ago, Cwhite138 said:

They do work but are a bandaid. In coilbags will wear though over time. Outside bags are better if you keep a vehicle till its death.. not always an option tho. 

When I worked there at least once a week we would be doing the ram 1500 special... rear HD coils, in coil bags. Then leveling struts when the put a plow on lol but you would need to do Upper control arms be cause there is a risk of the ball joint popping out on oe stamped ones. 

You can't even put a wheeler in the back of those minivans.. 

something's better than squatting imo.  I've had good luck with the simple airlifts on two rigs.  either way ass low, nose high isn't safe from what I've seen in 37 years of driving.

21 minutes ago, Badger** said:

When buying Air lifts get the right one not some BS Air pillow. 

https://www.airliftcompany.com/

Big difference between leaf spring style bags and coil spring style bags.  

Dodge... 🤔

Screenshot_20230115-090410.png

Just now, EvilBird said:

Karen2Karen is a cop impersonator 

Guess id take a Ram over being that. 

To each their own, I was a Chev guy my whole life and still like them but the F250 super duty is a hell of a nice truck but I just don't need all that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

something's better than squatting imo.  I've had good luck with the simple airlifts on two rigs.  either way ass low, nose high isn't safe from what I've seen in 37 years of driving.

Big difference between leaf spring style bags and coil spring style bags.  

Dodge... 🤔

Screenshot_20230115-090410.png

I have never owned a Dodge truck in my life, 2008 was the last year of the Dodge truck or was it 2009. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Badger** said:

To each their own, I was a Chev guy my whole life and still like them but the F250 super duty is a hell of a nice truck but I just don't need all that. 

Was at the Ferd dealer yesterday

F250 is in my near future, prob the 7.3 gasser. 

If I do it will Be my first Ford. I like the GMs still but the interior of the Ford is better IMO. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

far as I'm concerned... Ram is still Dodge.  ;)

Nope I would never bought a Dodge no way in hell. When Fiat bought out lets say Dodge they made them go through every nut bolt wire body part and frame of the 2010 before they let the Ram go to the public. Daimler Chrysler was doing a terrible job.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Nope I would never bought a Dodge no way in hell. When Fiat bought out lets say Dodge they made them go through every nut bolt wire body part and frame of the 2010 before they let the Ram go to the public. Daimler Chrysler was doing a terrible job.

Their interiors are far superior since the Fiat buyout no doubt 

3 minutes ago, Badger** said:

https://www.stellantis.com/en/brands/ram-trucks

they're all junk... same as sleds

Hahaha thinking the fiat buy out helped quality... that's some good shit.... also the model change was in 09.... then some changes minor changes in 11 then 18.5 for the even bigger shit box.. it has a Pacifica steering column... it's a mini van

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

If I do it will Be my first Ford. I like the GMs still but the interior of the Ford is better IMO. 

I'm a lifelong gm guy, but the ram interior is even nicer than ford, and the 1/2 tons ride much better than either ford or chevy.

Not sure whats going to happen when I go to replace my current truck, this one hasn't had any real problems, but stupid gm shit still like factory rotors rusting and going to shit at 30k miles, the overhead console fell down because the screws came out, and the F'ing warning beepers and alerts on the dash for endless stupid shit....  I don't need to know that there is a chance of ice, when its 15 below.  the trailer connected/disconnected every 30 seconds when there is a blown bulb on a rusted pos trailer. The remote start doesn't run long enough to melt anything off the windshield, etc.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, krom said:

I'm a lifelong gm guy, but the ram interior is even nicer than ford, and the 1/2 tons ride much better than either ford or chevy.

Not sure whats going to happen when I go to replace my current truck, this one hasn't had any real problems, but stupid gm shit still like factory rotors rusting and going to shit at 30k miles, the overhead console fell down because the screws came out, and the F'ing warning beepers and alerts on the dash for endless stupid shit....  I don't need to know that there is a chance of ice, when its 15 below.  the trailer connected/disconnected every 30 seconds when there is a blown bulb on a rusted pos trailer. The remote start doesn't run long enough to melt anything off the windshield, etc.

I am also lost on what to get. 

Not in love with any of them esp for $60-$70k 

I like the Ram interior also but will any of the shit work in 5-10 years ? 

But like you said the GM electronics suck as well. 

The Ford I would be worried about the engine over the GM. Esp since I am already familiar with GM and could wrench on the 6.6 gasser myself . 

Not sure id dive into a 7.3 or 6.2 gas Ford if something went wrong. 

I would hate to have to pick any brand truck today and rely on it lasting 5-10 years if was actually used as a truck and not a grocery getter.  

When farming all we had were trucks and they were trucks.  Uncomfortable as shit for long range driving but that's why they lasted when being beat to shit around the farm.

Since my dad has retired many years ago he still only wants to drive trucks.  He only had Chevy trucks while on the farm after a really bad Ford experience but moved to RAM when they first started selling them.

Cannot tell you how they do beyond 3 or 4 years because I make him trade them at 3 to 4 years or 75K miles on the clock whichever comes first.  So far his annual depreciation has averaged $4K/year which is not bad because his maintenance is only a few oil changes and he has never even had to buy a set of tires.  It's their only vehicle though and drive it everywhere.  Still makes more sense than driving comparatively expensive small SUV's or dwindling options for sedans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XCR INDY said:

Sticker on this ‘23 only a tick over $50 grand, bargain IMO.  

6688D8EA-00C4-4E54-831F-B15057F59A25.jpeg

Gasser obvisously... you can build a 3/4T 4WD Silverado Custom 6.6L gas for a pretty reasonable price.  Don't expect a ton of luxury options, but... it's a TRUCK.

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/silverado/2500hd/build-and-price/summary

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

far as I'm concerned... Ram is still Dodge.  ;)

Yup 100% the same piles of shit, we went through many at work. Total pieces of shit by 50k km's. The latest 2500 megacab was the worst, fucking hemi ticked bad after 1 year of use and drank gas like you wouldn't believe. Dodge=Ram=Junk.

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Gasser obvisously... you can build a 3/4T 4WD Silverado Custom 6.6L gas for a pretty reasonable price.  Don't expect a ton of luxury options, but... it's a TRUCK.

https://www.chevrolet.com/trucks/silverado/2500hd/build-and-price/summary

no shit whats your point? its better than your gay police wannabe tahoe 

You are such a jealous miserable twat :lol:

Edited by EvilBird

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

If I were buying a truck it'd be the 7.3 gas Ford.  Big fan of the old school simplicity of that motor, was shocked when I heard about it.  Aluminum body would be another selling point for me.

But if I bought one it'd be a long term purchase so I weigh some if these things differently than others I am sure.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jdsky said:

My son has a RAM 3/4 ton diesel for pulling his 5th wheel.  It currently has 290,000 miles  with no issues.

My son-in-law has a half a million miles on the same truck 2006 Dodge, he works the shit out of it. Its a very clapped out pile of a truck :lol:

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, mnstang said:

If I were buying a truck it'd be the 7.3 gas Ford.  Big fan of the old school simplicity of that motor, was shocked when I heard about it.  Aluminum body would be another selling point for me.

But if I bought one it'd be a long term purchase so I weigh some if these things differently than others I am sure.

yup im leaning towards the 7.3. 430hp and no diesel drama. 

whatever I get will be long term , I tend to keep most of my vehicles 10+ years or more. 

12 hours ago, EvilBird said:

yup im leaning towards the 7.3. 430hp and no diesel drama. 

whatever I get will be long term , I tend to keep most of my vehicles 10+ years or more. 

I work on diesels 40 hours a week.  I have a couple of diesels but do not recommend them to any of my friends or family that aren't diesel mechanics.

• Like 1